Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: multiple sclerosis

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by DAN2IG View Post
    It's a very serious condition and it is degenerative, the onset and severity of the disease is greater in males

There is no one wonder strain and as the symptoms differ greatly between MS sufferers it is impossible to recommend a single strain

I the MS suffer has spasms then an indica or indica dominant strain would be beneficial, sativas are quite effective for neuro pain

Ingestion is a tricky subject for the novice medi-user (dosage wise) Hasyou friend asked about Sativex?
    my friend hasnt had sativex but is aware of it and will ask about it next time they visit the doctors.

Thankyou very much for your help. i'll start looking into these more, i intend to grow a few and do some cooking for them. Its good to read about these but i find that greater knowledge comes from asking actual MS suffers, mainly because it affects them all differently.. some more severe than others. My friend is lucky, they were diagnosed in there mid 20's and now into thier 50's have maintained thier ability to walk, to be independant.. but i'm aware that this will not continue for long.. they have defied thier doctors long term diagnoses, mainly out of sheer will power, stubborness and determination. I'm more or less planning for the future, when they have exshauted every man-made medicines.. my aim is to help aid the pain and also give them some more time before being hooked up to some machine. Which in honesty i hope will never happen.. but to assume this is plain foolish and very blind.

When i do start growing i'll keep you in the loop on my experiments, likely post some recepies to.

and again.. thankyou muchly! x
    *Well they're aint no rest for the Wicked and money dont grow on tree's, I bills to pay, i've got mouths to feed aint nothing in this world for free! I cant slow down, i cant hold back.. now you know i wish i could.. well they're aint no rest for the Wicked untill we Close our Eyes for good*

Thanks

my partner has relapsing remitting, so it's really from her point of view but like already said, everyones ms is different. Although I've spoken to a few secondary progressive people and they all have different favourites so it's a try and find the one for you really.

Some good strains for can be dependent on the time of day really. Blueberry, lemon stinky and other lower thc bud are good 'during the day' indica's as you can still function, and do what you need to but get the pain relief. But for evenings I would always say white russian, ak47 (both serious seeds) and white widow for indica. The strength is a knockout but at least allows you to enjoy it and do stuff. A number of crazy X's home brands are definitely some of the best sativa's we've found too. Lemon mist and some other of his kali mist crosses are like eating a box of tranquilizers. Great for listening to music though but crap if you want anything that resembles conversation. My partner tried to get sativex but in some areas you've got more chance of winning the lottery...

These strains also work wonders for Rheumatoid Arthritis...
    Last edited by asci; 02-11-11 at 10:58 PM.

Anyone who says nothing is impossible clearly has never tried to slam a revolving door..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by asci View Post
    my partner has relapsing remitting, so it's really from her point of view but like already said, everyones ms is different. Although I've spoken to a few secondary progressive people and they all have different favourites so it's a try and find the one for you really.

Some good strains for can be dependent on the time of day really. Blueberry, lemon stinky and other lower thc bud are good 'during the day' indica's as you can still function, and do what you need to but get the pain relief. But for evenings I would always say white russian, ak47 (both serious seeds) and white widow for indica. The strength is a knockout but at least allows you to enjoy it and do stuff. A number of crazy X's home brands are definitely some of the best sativa's we've found too. Lemon mist and some other of his kali mist crosses are like eating a box of tranquilizers. Great for listening to music though but crap if you want anything that resembles conversation. My partner tried to get sativex but in some areas you've got more chance of winning the lottery...

These strains also work wonders for Rheumatoid Arthritis...
    I had some AK47 in Canada.. and ooofftt that shit is mind bblowing!!...like i was embarressed for the first time on how stoned i was off ne spliff.. hah! thankyou, i will be checkin out those seeds in the future.. i like the fruitier varieties so that should be fun experimenting!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyedcat View Post
    I had some AK47 in Canada.. and ooofftt that shit is mind bblowing!!...like i was embarressed for the first time on how stoned i was off ne spliff.. hah! thankyou, i will be checkin out those seeds in the future.. i like the fruitier varieties so that should be fun experimenting!
    lol yeah we kinda had a similar experience. She couldn't speak for hours. If you like fruity then def give lemon mist / kali mist a try. Smells like old school pear drops..

Thanks

Ive taken LDN (low dose naltrexone) for 12 months now, and its easily the best medication ive ever taken for muscle stiffness, muscle pain and fatigue. Ive conversed with MS patients who have had similar good results and actual remission and progression of the disease with LDN ....PM me and i'll let you know how i got it.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,327 Times

a member of my family has ms and she unfortunetly wheel chair bound for life and has been for a while now.

she smokes it and eats it but finds when she takes a pipe its helps her pain releaf alot faster obv she cant do it herself my uncle has to put the pipe in her mouth to let her smoke it coz she cannot move at all. her fav type of weed is any indica strain with a nice thc ratio hope this helps bro.

all the best for your family member.
    ..Time Is Neva Wasted When Your Wasted All The Time..

Dont Forget To Vote In Plant Of The Month

blue-c's-black-rose-x-lemon stinky...finished dec 2012

Stoner's live stoner's die fuck the world lets get high!! pots a plant it grows in the ground
    if god didn't like it it wouldn't be around. so pack a bowl party hard and rock and roll
    to all you prep's who think your cool FUCK YOU!!! bitches stoner's rule

Thanks

I do. I will send u a PM....hope that is ok.

Lanta

Thanks

I can't send a PM cos my post count is too low.

Ok here is wot I was gonna say:

I am new to this site.

I have RES-RRMS (Rapidly Evolving Severe Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis).

I was diagnosed with it in 2007, but my Consultant told me I must have had it since childhood cos an MRI on my brain showed loads of scars.

I was also told by my Consultant's SpR that if I experienced huge medical benefits from toking, then I should def toke every single day to relieve my pain n muscle spasms. I already take 12 Muscle Relaxant pills every day to try to calm down the silly muscles in between my ribs (which make u v short of breath n like a Sumo Wrestler is squeezing ur chest sooooo tightly. In MS this is known as the MS Hug. Grrrrr)

I, personally, have discovered the utter joy of being able to laugh or even cough, without it hurting.....after 1.5 Joints. My fav strain for such amazing relief is Blue Widow.

Best of luck with ur research.

Lanta

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lanta1810 View Post
    I can't send a PM cos my post count is too low.

Ok here is wot I was gonna say:

I am new to this site.

I have RES-RRMS (Rapidly Evolving Severe Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis).

I was diagnosed with it in 2007, but my Consultant told me I must have had it since childhood cos an MRI on my brain showed loads of scars.

I was also told by my Consultant's SpR that if I experienced huge medical benefits from toking, then I should def toke every single day to relieve my pain n muscle spasms. I already take 12 Muscle Relaxant pills every day to try to calm down the silly muscles in between my ribs (which make u v short of breath n like a Sumo Wrestler is squeezing ur chest sooooo tightly. In MS this is known as the MS Hug. Grrrrr)

I, personally, have discovered the utter joy of being able to laugh or even cough, without it hurting.....after 1.5 Joints. My fav strain for such amazing relief is Blue Widow.

Best of luck with ur research.

Lanta

Hello,how's it going ?
    Do you know anything about "Bee Venom Therapy" for MS treatment ?.We have a crowd near use in Ireland doing it,but never known anyone who's tried it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mucky Pup For This Useful Post:

Lanta1810 (13-01-13)

Thanks

Never used it cos it has been decried my serious medical professionals.
    I get the best MS med there is on the planet atm. Cos of it, I have not had a single relapse in over 3 yrs.
    I told my Drs that I wanna b on this med till they cure MS.....that is how good it is:-)

Lanta

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lanta1810 For This Useful Post:

Mucky Pup (13-01-13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2