Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: does bigger plant (longer veg.) mean bigger yield?

Thanks

Thanks flygerian88,

the pics are cool. I'll do the same thing with mine.
    How much (dry product) on average do you get from a plant like the one in the pic.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

Really don't know mate, never done coco before. I have only grown in bubblers and hempy buckets aswell as a few outdoor grows years back. Bubblers on average gave me 6oz per plant and that was with a lot of errors. I'm still a noob myself really. Are you using coco?

Thanks

I'm using a soil.

Thanks

Yea you'll be fine doing this with soil mate. You may or may not get the same results yield wise with soil, but it'll be easier and possibly better tasting too. What nutes you using and what soil. A 1 month veg will be enough. Just be careful you don't have more than 5 cos the 400w doesn't cover as large as space than the 600w.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times

I vegged my big bud#1 for 31 days, she is flying now, but if you have unlimited space veg it for as long as you want, you can always lst if they get too big
    Yes the longer you veg th more you will yield

Ph1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Pothead For This Useful Post:

kurupt (25-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,305 Times

I think there is a stage where you can over veg plants, not often discussed.
    If I vegged for 3 months, then my pissy 400/drobe is unlikely to be able to penetrate lower sites and there won't be enough space in the drobe for them to reap the benefits in flowering.
    Generally, longer veg = bigger buds, but the light and space are always yield restrictions.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Swilly For This Useful Post:

kurupt (25-10-11)

Thanks

I have found longer veg periods give bigger yields. I have been growing Super lemon haze which has a 10 week flower and I veg the next crop for ten weeks. I am also backing up my 600w lighting with red led disco rope light which you can position how ever you want under the canopy and I have got results on the lower branches. Rope lights are also cheap around £15-£30 and do not use a lot of electricity.

WEEDBHOY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by flygerian88 View Post
    Here are two of my Delahaze girls, you can see each branch is roughly the same level/height. Had I not topped and trained her, she'd be about 5ft tall with one main cola, meaning the surrounding branches wouldn't be getting as good light.

This is how I got the canopy even.You can also see the lower parts of the branches are stripped of any growth. To focus energy on the top colas and make harvesting that bit easier

Here are the holes I drilled for the LST'ing

Here you can see I topped her very early in her growth. Be gentle when LST'ing. You can see I split the branches from being too heavy on her, but she's a tough girl and recovered nicely.
    excellent plants fella can i ask what size of pots are they and how many watts did u use to get 18oz cheers weedbhoy

Talpa Guest

@ flygerian you could of just gaffa taped that branch together also and it would have healed together.

lamps are also important a 600w puts out just under twice the amount of lumens than a 400w.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WEEDBHOY View Post
    excellent plants fella can i ask what size of pots are they and how many watts did u use to get 18oz cheers weedbhoy
    Cheers mate. They are 11L pots. Still got another 4-6 weeks on them before I chop. Nowhere near 18oz though in these as theyre in coco. Using a 600w HPS. Got 2blue cheese vegging in their 5th week in 18L coco pots. Gonna do they same training method on them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast