Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: does bigger plant (longer veg.) mean bigger yield?

Thanks

Default does bigger plant (longer veg.) mean bigger yield?

Hi, I have a question to which I could not find an answer.

I have enough space indoors, use one 400 W HPS (5 plants) and I wonder whether it is more efficient to let the plants grow for longer in veg and thus they become bigger.

Or whether it is better to just put them in the flowering after 1 month from germinating.

What is the period after germination (after which I put them into flowering) that would lead to highest yields? --- Again, indoors, but with basically unlimited space!

Thanks for advice!

Thanks

Hi Kurupt
    I let my plant/plants go for 6weeks veg thats once cuttings have rooted so if i was going from germination then it would be 10 weeks veg as it takes about a month for the plant to get through the seedling stage
    For me it seems the longer i veg for the more yield i get

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gotrek For This Useful Post:

kurupt (23-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

The answer is yes, providing you have adequate lighting. No point in vegging for 6 weeks and hving a 6ft plant with a 250w hps sitting at the top. Also training the plant so each branch is getting good light penetration helps. It helps if you trim the lower 3rd of the plant, ibstead of having scraggly little buds that are useless at the end.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Denzil For This Useful Post:

doctor gonz0 (18-11-11), Khal Drogo (24-06-13), kurupt (23-10-11), PhilZenMaster (18-11-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

what fly just said bro

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Forest For This Useful Post:

kurupt (23-10-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times

less plants more space = more bud everyone thinks more plants more bud in my opinion it's wrong there all fighting for the air and light. when I started I got a 1.2m x 1.2m tent an someone told me it would hold 14 plants so a did what he said 14 it was an I got 14z my second grow a dint listen to him an did it off my own back with 4 plants and ended up with 18z in the Same tent same light air this is how a know. hope it helps mate

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

Denzil (23-10-11), doctor gonz0 (18-11-11), kurupt (23-10-11), PhilZenMaster (18-11-11), rizzlablu (16-01-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

I only have 3 plants under my 400w hps the least vegged one was 7wks, she now looks half the size "bud wise" of the other two that have been vegged for 10wks ..... Sometimes less is more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by popeye4th View Post
    less plants more space = more bud everyone thinks more plants more bud in my opinion it's wrong there all fighting for the air and light. when I started I got a 1.2m x 1.2m tent an someone told me it would hold 14 plants so a did what he said 14 it was an I got 14z my second grow a dint listen to him an did it off my own back with 4 plants and ended up with 18z in the Same tent same light air this is how a know. hope it helps mate
    Thanks for the info, btw the yields you mention (14 and 18z) seem enormous to me. I was/am expecting to get like an ounce a plant. Is that too low?
    Can you please tell me the following about your grow?
    What light you use (I mean how much W)
    How big of a pots do you have?
    How tall were your plants at the end (were they sativa or indica)?
    And how long did you let them grow from germination to flowering?

Thaks for the tutoring!

Thanks

assuming you're growing in soil or coco Kurupt, I'd say top them after they have 2-3 sets of nodes. This make each side branch behave more like an individual plant I reckon. After about 4 weeks veg, drill holes in the sides of the pots around the brim. Then tie some string around a 3rd of the way up each branch and then pass the other end of the string through the hole and tie it so its pulling the branch down and outwards. Do this on all of them and adjust them so each bud tip if the same height when you're in flower, then trim the lower 1/3 of the plant.

I'll go up and take a pic for you of mine which I've done the exact same on.

This be the best way for you, other than a scrog.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denzil For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (04-11-11), kurupt (24-10-11), Prankster69 (08-03-18)

Thanks

Ignore this Post tapatalk is acting up

Thanks

Here are two of my Delahaze girls, you can see each branch is roughly the same level/height. Had I not topped and trained her, she'd be about 5ft tall with one main cola, meaning the surrounding branches wouldn't be getting as good light.

This is how I got the canopy even.You can also see the lower parts of the branches are stripped of any growth. To focus energy on the top colas and make harvesting that bit easier

Here are the holes I drilled for the LST'ing

Here you can see I topped her very early in her growth. Be gentle when LST'ing. You can see I split the branches from being too heavy on her, but she's a tough girl and recovered nicely.
    Last edited by Denzil; 23-10-11 at 11:54 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Denzil For This Useful Post:

Khal Drogo (24-06-13), kurupt (24-10-11), locksley (25-10-11)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast