Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IWS Systems root filters

Thanks

What type of air ring did you get m8?
    Remember to inhale spores deeply when the envelope arrives

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,640 Times

hang on a sec.. lol

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2507858485...84.m1439.l2648

i bought these ones.. cos they cheap.. would probs be better to get the slightly bigger 5 inch tbh.. i was just bein tight as i bought a lot and it was adding up..

Thanks

and, no i still use the stands.. got me thinkin tho now.. do i really need em? hmmm... i´m gonna ave to check out wot its like without em now... cheers.. i thought i´d finished fiddlin around for today.. lol..

Thanks

tell u what his postage is high for the air rings, I bought the air pump and asked for a revised postage amount for the rings, he wants 12 squid for postage

Thanks

Seeming as your now using air rings in the pots, how long are you flooding for? coz you could flood for a long time because of the air stones.

Thanks

yea.. just request postage on the air-rings.. he charged me 1.50 for mine!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

my bad,i hav'nt seen these blocker/filter things yet.

you do know its the "drain" part of the feed cycle that pull's the root's in to the pipe's dont you?the root's dont aim for the pipe's

could you not modify/use an in-line diesel filter(there about 99p each)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to seanMcPot For This Useful Post:

Diddydon (25-10-11)

Thanks

i´ve actually flooded to the level of the first later of pebbles in the net pots.. and then.. this may sound strange.. i have unplugged the system.. i have done this to encourage the roots to reach down and get a grip again as they have been transplanted from my veggin system.. they had a big roots mass but u need them to grip into the new system (iws) before i switch em to flower or they will fall over top heavy.. lol..
    i´m hoping to see roots showing in a 2-3days tops and then i will turn the flood n drain back onto to normal.. 35 mins.. i don´t think they will need more as the roots will be in the solution anyway as there is a couple of inches in the pot, as i´ve lifted the brain height by a couple inches.. u need to make sure the pots are full to the top with pebbles tho, so the water level does not come over them them and promote algae.... my other idea was to put another electrical float switch in the brain, that would turn the pumps on as the pots filled.. i think the way i´m doin it is best for growth tho.. use a lower EC than u normally would tho, if u are goin to do the same.. as the huge amounts of dissolved oxygen in the root zone will increase ur plants ability to take in the nutes..(much the same as a turbo charger on a car forces more fuel into the carb).. so lower the ec to prevent nute burn.. start low and raise by .2 until u see the very tips burn n then lower slightly..(thanks woody).. blimey.. that took some typing.. lol.. good luck!.. let me know how it goes..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanMcPot View Post
    my bad,i hav'nt seen these blocker/filter things yet.

you do know its the "drain" part of the feed cycle that pull's the root's in to the pipe's dont you?the root's dont aim for the pipe's

could you not modify/use an in-line diesel filter(there about 99p each)
    is that re-turnable tho Mcpot.. it has an arrow on it.. which suggests to me that fuel only flows thro it one way.. good thinkin tho

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast