Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: any other ways to decrease humidity without de-humidifier?

Thanks

Question any other ways to decrease humidity without de-humidifier?

im in flowermy humidity is at 90% when my lights are off with just extraction and fan running wondering if anyone knows other ways to lower humidity other than using a de-humidifier?? thanks n peace

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jokertoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,662 Times

Bowls off rice
    Or better a sieve full off rice

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pugz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18), Indica Sativa (21-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

6. The Following User Says Thank You to seanMcPot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks

more air circulation usually helps, spreading out a thin layer of uncooked rice can also help a small amount or certain brands of cat litter really absorb moisture, good ventilation in the room your growing in is important, you can buy dehumidifiers from the pound shop, they are just containers with a layer of moisture gathering gel balls, with a compartment underneath to collect the water, they work, i used 2, they cost me £1 each and work ok

but with 90% humidity during flowering, i really would suggest getting a proper dehumidifier

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rafiki For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18), Indica Sativa (21-10-18), jokertoker (31-10-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanMcPot View Post
    lower temp plus air circulation = lower humidity!
    Not quite right about the temp bit...humidity is relative. By that I mean air CAN hold more moisture the warmer it is, and humidity is measured as a percentage of maximum...hence RH. So when your lights go off, and the temp in your groom drops, the RH increases. So the first thing you need to be doing is keeping lights on/lights off temps quite close. Assuming your lights on RH is ok then extra heat and venting during lights off should cure the problem.

Hope this helps.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fat Yeti For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18), jokertoker (01-11-11), norm (22-06-12), seanMcPot (02-11-11)

Thanks

just wondering if you are feeding at lights off? I feed mine in the a.m with the lights on and Im guessing this is why I dont have a problem with humidity. Im always very careful when I feed not to get water on the plants themselves so I dont get burns of course, but my humidty is always between 50 - 60%

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirty dude For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18), jokertoker (01-11-11)

Thanks

yea i was thimking that myself fat veti so im gueesin i need a heater or sumin in there then, thanks. cheers natural mystic no im feeding a couple hrs after lights come on so im not sure cheers n peace

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jokertoker For This Useful Post:

dirty dude (02-11-11), GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

With humidity like that dude, it sounds like your ventilation isn't upto scratch and if you don't sort that first and foremost you'll always have problems. Having a high humidity is nothing, once mould and mildew set in, even once you improve the setups to how they should be. You've still got a battle on your hands as I'm now living it with powdery mildew and I've never been close to 90% humidity. Max I've hit is about 75-80% back when I had the wrong fans. Now I never go over 60% at lights off, 40% lights on and I still have mildew, gotta start my shit all over again which is SHITE considering I had some pretty good genetics going on, new seeds may not fare so well.

So, whats the size of your setup, length, width and height?
    What you running for an extraction fan? Is it filtered? What you running for intake? If passive, how big a surface area of intake holes do you have?
    How many circulating fans? Are they oscilating or fixed position?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Up_in_smoke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18), GRINDER3 (02-11-11), Indica Sativa (21-10-18)

17. Default

Rock salt is ment to be very good... Fill a few stockings and leave it over a bowl. the rock salt takes mosture out of the air and it drips into the bowl...
    But i'd say what Up_in_smoke said is right...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LBN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

I've tried this before with hundreds of silica bags (those packets you find in shoes to keep them dry) and unless your going to upgrade your extraction significantly only a dehumidifier will allow you any control over humidity imo.

TheRealFeanor is my name: And Canna is my nation: Cyber space is my dwelling place: The stars my destination

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealFeanor For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast