Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: any other ways to decrease humidity without de-humidifier?

Thanks

whats ur temperature mate? Increasing the heat in ur grow room or tent will lower humidity, cannabis thrives in ideal temperatures at 20-30c 60-90f. What ever the case there is too much moisture in the atmosphere, the room needs to be dryed out either by heat or as you said dehumidifier. Good luck with ur harvest. Peace

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GRINDER3 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks

thanks for all the info dudes iv got 6 inch extractor fan,4 inch inlet and just a fixed position fan. but with lights on my humidity is 40% and lights off its now at just under 60% temp 21c cheers n peace i think im just guna have to get a heater to try keep light on and off temp the same whilst the light is off to try and lower humidity more cheers n peace dudes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jokertoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks

My temps arent the same between on and off mate, temps dont stay the same outside during night and day so surely that is ok indoors no? and I might be wrong but those humidity% aint too bad, again mine are around the same as yours and I dont have any probs and your temp is better than mine I think, mine is about 30+ with lights on

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirty dude For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18), jokertoker (02-11-11)

Thanks

Water less is always a good start.

I know you say ways to achieve lower levels without a dehumidifier, but I know homebase do a small portable one for 30-40 quid that helps. Been using one for a few years now and it definitely helps.. Out of interest what size grow space are you using?

Anyone who says nothing is impossible clearly has never tried to slam a revolving door..

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to asci For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18), jokertoker (02-11-11)

Thanks

its a dr120 mate and also forgot to say i got dehumidifier todat and what i posted today is after getting the dehumidifier cheers dudes

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jokertoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

my 600w bulb created a load of dry heat think my humidity dropped to about 18% in a 1.2m tent when i had it on

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Budmore For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18), tlh2496 (05-01-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jokertoker View Post
    its a dr120 mate and also forgot to say i got dehumidifier todat and what i posted today is after getting the dehumidifier cheers dudes
    how much was it? and how effective is it mate?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Denzil For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks

to be honest im not sure how effective it is but its helpin and iv had it for a couple years and that was the last tym i saw it until i searched the lofts out lol cheers dudes

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jokertoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,990 Times

I have only just bought a hygrometer, my temps are 26 lights on and 20 lights off, humidity is 60% atm, I think thts ok?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Pothead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Thanks

got the same problem on my hands guys.. trying to lower Rh 4-5 weeks into flower.. lights on reading 50-60% and lights of 60%.. I heat the room up with a heater and it really lowers the Rh by 10-15% only if you have space to increase temps as the heater running without a dimmer/thermo takes temps to 30+.. looking into a buying dehumidifier to keep temps/rh low.. altho ive heard the small ones arnt really effective and we should always go for something bigger..? anyne care to comment on that...

i have a few ideas i plan to try out.. with the dehumidifier 500ml tubs you can buy them very cheap..maybe place one in the intake or just near it..and a few around..plus someone mentioned rice in a bowl.. has anyone tried this yet..? i might try using some rice in stockings and hang them around..might help...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Simba For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-10-18)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast