Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mold issues

Thanks

Unhappy mold issues

hi, i harvested my 4 babies 2 weeks ago, they was left to hang in the tent with jus the extractor fan on.. kept an eye on them every couple of days but friday, when i took them down, a couple of the big buds had 'fluffy' mold on places so i kept them separate and done what i could with the moldy bit anyway iv put the rest (what didnt have mold on) in jars to cure, even tho its still abit sticky but iv been told not to wait till bone dry to cure, and iv kept opening the lid and moving round the buds but this morning iv noticed a few of these buds are starting to get the same fluff on!? any ideas how i can stop this?
    its worse in the plastic airtight tub?

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

They need fresh air mate. Take them out of the jar and spread them out on a tray or something similar in a room with good, dry air.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

doobi (01-02-12), rasganji (06-11-11)

wah wah Guest

Think i had the same thing mate,i did the same as you with the jars, it turned out they were still to damp

so i just left them out of jars for 2 days and that sorted it, they were a little dryer than what i would of liked

but i had no more probs after that, your buds are proberbly still a little damp dude.

Thanks

ok cheers mate.. not nothing to do with storing it in the wrong tempreture or nothing?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to niggaboyy For This Useful Post:

Jed21 (15-12-11)

wah wah Guest

Try an keep em in a cool dark place, high temps aint good.

Thanks

i tend to dry till the stems bend then into jars then that night b4 i go to bed the bud is normaly sticky again, i then put into cardboard boxes(shoe boxes) and leave them overnight, when i get up i check the bud if its drying out again then back into the jars with it if not then wait till it dryes a bit. i do this till the bud is just slightly moister than i would like then it just stays in the jars getting burped till its got the 3 stars. taste,smell,stone. happy days

dont think there is a rite or wrong way to dry/cure. its just a matter of finding wat works for you.

i find that this way takes longer to dry than any other that i've tried and thats wat i'm looking for. a slow dry/cure

9. The Following User Says Thank You to easterbunny For This Useful Post:

niggaboyy (06-11-11)

Thanks

I have found that the buds need to be a little drier than i like when using jars to avoid mold so i dry, jar and freeze. I have heard about the trichs popping when frozen but no worries about smoking mold spores... :-( and really maintains taste.

Thanks

Room temp is good as said above a good long dry for a week or 2, them glass jars are good.
    Last edited by doobi; 01-02-12 at 05:06 AM.

If i have been helpfull please click me....

Thanks

Maybe I'm putting to much in my jars!! Not much in yours lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,794 Times

My friend keeps his in baby jars, dont hold much but they work pretty good.
    My first Stealthbox Grow: White Widow and mystery strain free seeds https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ry-first-Diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...WWxVortex-Comp

Grow #2 HashPassion x LoveTrain,POGK, and OrangeHaze StealthBox CFLs:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069151587

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast