Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Noobs..... do NOT be tempted by cheap grow tents off auction sites

In a cramped cottage in a wood sharing with 6 others.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,453 Times

Quote Originally Posted by up2nogood View Post
    I like using solid grooms like a wardrobe or a closet..much stronger..hard luck fly..I would be punching the wall by now lol
    If he did that his house would fall down!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MR Grumpy For This Useful Post:

Denzil (11-11-11), up2nogood (11-11-11)

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

lol..I have had fans falling on my plants a few times when I have been trying to add a filter to the fan,pretty hard with the weight and doing it on your own,gets unballanced and slips off..destroyed my ice cream 4 week old plant..

Looking for New Pastures

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

The only good thing that has come out of it is it gave the opportunity to reaarange the extraction set up so now the CF is outside the tent and ducting sucking air from the corner of a tent belower the parabolic shade, so it should reduce temps and humidity a bit, cos the patrabolic traps a lot of air below it due to it's size

blurry-vision Guest

Yeh homebox or budbox from greens, best way really, it's like the old saying buy cheap and buy twice or something lol.

But yeh just bite the bullet and fork out 100-120 on a good one.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to blurry-vision For This Useful Post:

Denzil (11-11-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,133 Times

Or get a green room. 28mil poles and metal fittings,I could hang off mine!
    Pax,o fortunatos nimium,sua si bona norint,agricolas.
    Omnium artium medicina nobilissima est.

Thanks

.. hope you fix it soon.. have you tried using something like wire / string or rope and tieng it from pole to pole to create a mesh which will hopefully make it more rigid untill you can get something new.. or bungee cords would be even better to pull the poles falling in appart by maybe tieng them to something else outside the tent.. have you considered maybe just bulidng a simple shelf ontop..like a simple one with a plank of wood with shelf brackets should do the trick..

Talpa Guest

Agree and disagree.

I got a 1x1x2m groom(BudBox) in a kit for my first grow. White lined. White Poles. Solid Corner pieces.

Decided to get a Secret Jardin, same size DR100. Paid good money for it. Cheap metal poles. Even Cheaper looking corner pieces. Bad zips. light leakage through the outside of the zip joins. Although its reflective in there it also adds heat. When I put it together and tried to do the zip up it almost fell over.

I have used the Bud Box Poles and the jardin tent this time and it seems more stable. But I am tempted to get the budbox back out for the next grow.

My point is I suppose the simple things work. We all try to improve our environment, but to be honest, by the time we have bought 2-3 tents we could have constructed the same size perm structure for the same money.

If I ever have to buy another tent it would probably be a Bud Box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2