Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Flooming vs Air stones

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,381 Times

and i think ths would be more simple for a novice to use in there system cheaper on the budget and safer if they dont know what there doing,
    sqydros going to make a pretty colourful chart on his paint progam to explain the results in comparison then hes going to publish it up on thctalk for everyone to see arnt ya mate :P and then my guess is that somone should make it a sticky as its gona be useful as hell nothing on the net really for it, so im exited lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sqydro View Post
    Im going to buy one in a weeks time, il run a 60l tote, with 12'' of airstone and 30lpm pushing through them, then il do a pump inside pushing water up then il do with waterfall effect, also, im not dissing the use of airstones at all here, i want to stress that to nubes reading this, if they can house bad bacteria they can also house good, im running benificials in my system so they would colonise the stones, BUT im just doing all this as i want the most efficiant way of usin my system, least wattage, least eqiptment least noise! And of course a system i can use time and time again!!
    mate u can only give out advice if people take it or not its down to them, i like the idea no air pump no airstones sounds good to me with my luck and air pumps lol and i would like to see how it shows up in these pots there hard enough to keep the water in them as it is from the splashing of the airstones there not watertight at all mate (im thinking some sort of seal round the top of the lid) with this system ur thinking it does seem to need a lot of surface splashing of water, i hope u understand me lol i've had a few pigs ears

3. The Following User Says Thank You to the_grey_area For This Useful Post:

Thanks

of course people are entitled to their own opinions but if no one tested thengs and displayed results we wouldnt be using farms,
    ive never had a leak or splash from my farm :S i think your water level is set too high if it is, otherwise on the res put a cover on it plastic though no wood it goes mouldy fast,
    if its the dripper ring splashing then lay some plastic sheet form the grow shop over it and cut a hole for the stalk... like a pie with a slice missing,
    if you google this ''heath 72 oz tree'' and lcik on the bbay link mate ya can see what he did with 600wpp 1 plant dry 72oz, this guy uses this waterfall tek, and he seems to be the big top dog who shows us all how to grow, these are basicly his systems and we all mod them,

sqydro will test the airstones and pumps, and say what worked best with a meter,

i dont know if ya saw though, airstones act as a sponge for bacteria and airbourn spours that cause root rot(chek sqydros nft convert in flower black black roots.. cause of it is that pyithium shit and it wil sit in ya airstone and breed like mad the waterfall doesnt take this bacteria,

if ya look at a waterfall there trees at the bottom are always enormous!! id say thats due to the do there getting form the fall and smashing on the rocks

trust just watch sqydros system and see how big they get proof is in the cake

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

Forest (15-11-11), Iceni Seeds (15-11-11)

sqydro Guest

Fuck me ltd8 no preassure like!!

I hear u TGA i think im going to gaffer tape the lids on mate there easy to fall off eh? Could maybe silicone as that can be pulled off for cleaning etc, i wont be buying the DO meter til end of month unless i come into money before payday, (lotto, mugging, find a wallet) lol so dont hold thy breath, roots through in my v3 after a week, took ur advice on the dripper steaks TGA mate, works a treat, and if the flow rate is slow i blow into the 4 mm and what ever clogging it goes away and it comes out like a pee after 4 lagers lol

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sqydro For This Useful Post:

DrGreen (15-11-11), Iceni Seeds (15-11-11), Percy Greenage (23-08-13)

Thanks

Flooming excellent fellas, keep up the great work, keeping my eye's on this little beauty.
    Like computer viruses, successful mind viruses will tend to be hard for their victims to detect. If you are the victim of one, the chances are that you won't know it, and may even vigorously deny it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Iceni Seeds For This Useful Post:

DrGreen (15-11-11)

Thanks

no preassure mate lol... but if ya dont do it ... im gona have every top cola off that harvest!!
    lol nah but plz just dont jump me for my wallet lol,
    but if ya need a hand with the graph get the results and ill get my missus to put it together for ya then let ya publish it,

on google type heaths v3 and ya can see your pics of ya seeds lol,

Thanks

i dont use the farms mate i got the auto pots and there not very watertight at the top, i had to take my t off the pipe for the return to the res as it was splashin over to much.

i also see a thread on some other forum about flooming v airstones u most prob have seen it before but i'll try and paste it up

12. The Following User Says Thank You to the_grey_area For This Useful Post:

DrGreen (15-11-11)

Thanks

i think i am gona re-position my circulation pump upwards instead of horizontal.
    thanks
    very interesting and informative
    I MAKE THINGS UP AND DONT GROW.
    MY COMMENTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY AND I DO NOT CONDONE ANYONE TO USE IT CONTRARY TO LOCAL LAWS.

Thanks

no problem dude helps eliminate that rot eh and increase in yeild sqydros testin it soon for us

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DrGreen For This Useful Post:

Percy Greenage (23-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

I don't know whether it's contradictory of not, but here are a couple of things I found out when looking into this issue.

Almost all of the oxygen dissolved into the water from an air bubble occurs when the bubble is being formed. Only a negligible amount occurs during the bubbles transit to the surface of the water. This is why an aeration process that makes many small bubbles is better than one that makes fewer larger ones. The breaking up of larger bubbles into smaller ones also repeats this formation and transfer process.

A "sheet" type waterfall can provide more dissolved oxygen than the "cascade" type waterfall whose velocity is low when the water finally enters the reservoir. Although the cascade type waterfall provides better aeration of the water that is entering the reservoir, the sheet type provides better aeration of the water that is already in the reservoir. The sheet of water tends to shear the larger bubbles of air formed at surface entry into smaller ones below the surface.

So, it certainly sounds like copious amounts of small bubbles are a good way to increase the level of dissolved oxygen. How this compares to simply lifting the water to the surface is something that would probably be worth measuring.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

DrGreen (21-11-11)

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast