Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Flooming vs Air stones

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,044 Times

Fine bubbles or any bubbles are, in fact, a water/air interface.
    Supersaturated gasses can escape using bubbles and oxygen is added to the
    water.

This is true i got me an A level in pysics, so i shall use stonespersonal choice and all that shall be interested to see the difference though on the do meter
    Take it easy out there
    mh vs hps lil rasta's experiment https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069367328
    New diary 2gpw is the target https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...will-have-2gpw
    Hydro trees may need help 1.536gpw https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ouble-doughnut
    12/12 ww x vortex for hillbilly https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069070774
    Finished 12/12 soil grow 1.365gpw, Hillbillys mt shasta+ dz's trifle:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069014713
    Finished multi strain soil grow, 1.225gpw: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rain-1st-diary

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,381 Times

so my return pipe will be T cascade waterfalling into the res and will have fluming aswel as a sheet waterfall via pumping water onto a tilted platform above the water, well , will wait for sqydros

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

Quote Originally Posted by lil rasta View Post

This is true i got me an A level in pysics,
    bet you didn´t get one in English language............
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

Diddydon (22-11-11), DrGreen (21-11-11), Forest (22-11-11), prime (22-11-11), rustic (23-11-11), umbongo (22-11-11)

Talpa Guest

Ok so my question is. If I use my standard pump from my wilma 4 pot and put it in the bottom of my water farm. Would this be better than the airstone I have in there or would it me too powerful.

Ive had it running in a bucket and it does break the surface with about an inch bubble.

You guys rekon this would work or be too powerfull for the roots.

Thanks

So... in an NFT system, given that water is pumped over a tilted platform then drains into the res, is going to have excellent air exchange thus eliminating the need for an airstone or pump in the res?

Quote Originally Posted by ltid8 View Post
    so my return pipe will be T cascade waterfalling into the res and will have fluming aswel as a sheet waterfall via pumping water onto a tilted platform above the water, well , will wait for sqydros
    is that what you were saying? lol

Thanks

been reading on this coz i think people are getting the wrong idea on flooming, flooming is not a waterfall flooming is where the water is being lifted to the surface by a water pump that sits at the bottom of your pond or say the bottom of the rez.

i think im gonna try these spray bars as im sure that is the way to go in my set up and if it means gettin rid of airstones and air pumps it can only be good.

have a look at this vid i know its about fish but there is good info on flooming spray bars and air stones

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to the_grey_area For This Useful Post:

DrGreen (22-11-11), spoonofinsanity (22-11-11)

Thanks

lol sorry here's the link

http://youtu.be/ebhoLcajpx8

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to the_grey_area For This Useful Post:

DrGreen (22-11-11), GrassHopper (22-11-11), milkcrates (25-09-12)

sqydro Guest

Yeah waterfall effect for me, just like one giant spray bar mate,

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sqydro For This Useful Post:

spoonofinsanity (22-11-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,670 Times

Hey guys great thread here some good reading
    so sqydro your doing a water fall method which is kind of what i'm working towards with my 2 farm undercurrent i'm trying to design.
    When your feed lines go into the autopot tanks your using how far will the water drop and have you t'd your waterfall to increase the maximum amount of DO from the water falling.

From my calculations i have 70 litres of water in farms and res and a 450l/hr pump which should recirculate all the water in the system in around 5-7 mins on my thread about the design i have been recommended a 1000l hr pump which i thought would be to much flow and possibly cause overflow before the water level between farms and res has had chance to equalise.
    Aswell as this nute flow pump for water falling i was gonna use another 320l/ hr pump in the res to floom. Does this sound like a good idea its mixing the flooming and waterfalling concepts which seems like a great idea to me and the airstones i orginally thought of using can be scrapped. Should see the state of the airstone in my pythium infected dwc bucket that i had to scrap recently def don't want that again if i can help it.

cheers fellas good luck with the experiments and development

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,640 Times

Hmm.. bollocks to it.. i think i will use a T fall system, airstones and a waterpump in the res fluming just to make sure i got it all covered in my new RUWDC, along with aeroponic sprayers in each pot to support em till the roots find the solution as i can´t work out which is best, i´ll use all 3.. lol..
    thanks for the thread.. nice read.
    dd

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Diddydon For This Useful Post:

spoonofinsanity (22-11-11)

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast