Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cures for powder mildew pls!

Thanks

Default Cures for powder mildew pls!

Greetings peeps. Having some beginners problems with my 2 week old seedlings today I noticed some small White patches on my little girls leaves I have done a bit of research and it seems to b the start of powder mildew anybody have any homebrew cures for such young plants or if it's even worth trying to save em. Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Can't really see from the pic m8, but I don't think thats milly tbh, can you wipe it off? (not for a cure, just to see if it comes off or is actually "in" the leaf.)

TF
    Just remember, there is a big difference between kneeling down, & bending over.... Frank Zappa
    The Fringe scrogs 3 Pyramids

Auto big devil grow

Mnt Cook & watering spike scrog

Fringes cellar project

The Fringe does Bubblicious

MrMojorising Guest

to prevent anything like that you just need good air circulation
    sometimes if you get water on the leaves it can leave a white mark

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MrMojorising View Post
    to prevent anything like that you just need good air circulation
    sometimes if you get water on the leaves it can leave a white mark
    To prevent mildew yes you need good circulation. But if it enters your room, adjusting ventilation makes no difference.
    I have suffered with it for ages and my conditions are spot on.

It stays within your plants so if you take cuttings, they will have it to (hence why I've had it so long).

Nothing will get rid of it for good that I have so far found. Things will slow it down and get rid of whats there temporarily, but it will not last and your mildew will ALWAYS come back using the same cuts.

Starting again from seed is the only option to completely eradicate it and limiting the source. So if it was bad cuts from someone don't get em again, keep it all in house, if it was just airborne, think about adjusting where your intake is from and ensuring you have negative pressure proper, proper temps and humidity, plenty of circulation.

Good luck though mate, you've got quite a battle on your hands if its mildew. And you'll think you've won at first spray only to be gutted again a week later. Its without a doubt, the worst problem I've had, thrips and spider mites, I'll take em all day long over mildew. I have eradicated mites and thrips easily, mildew, no matter what I do, I just can't shake that shit!

Products I have used, in order of effectiveness that I have personally witnessed(don't believe the claims, it will not clear it and stop it coming back, it will only clear whats there): -
    Microbial, Vitax 2 in 1 Bug and Mildew killer, Mild milk solution (detailed around somewhere), and neem oil.

If anybody out there knows of a systemic mildew killer please let us know, it would be a huge help.

@Joe Bloggs, it is quite hard to see on that pic mate, can you take a closer one please so we can clearly see the mildew. Its very obvious though mildew, little white fuzzy patches/spots and it makes your room stink all musky. Its unmistakable

Thanks

i have not used it but i no Plant vitality have a fairy new product specifically for Powdery mildew,

its called something like Plant vitality PM

iv used there plantvitality + for mites and thrip and they was spot on working 100% after 1 application..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    i have not used it but i no Plant vitality have a fairy new product specifically for Powdery mildew,

its called something like Plant vitality PM

iv used there plantvitality + for mites and thrip and they was spot on working 100% after 1 application..
    Excellent stuff thanks mate. Just looked it up, its called BPM
    http://pv-network.com/plant_vitality_bpm.html

I'm gonna give it a try. Was about to buy another bottle of microbial this week. Off to find a stockist

Thanks

Guys thanks for the advise I got a mate to av a look earlier and he doesn't think it's pm, but water damage from misting under light (hopefully). Sorry bout da pic will try to get some better shots. The patches/spots are almost silvery White like snail trails not fury????? And it's on 3 out of 4 girls, could this b damage from misting?????

Thanks

Also it's not on the under side of the leafs this is why my friend said it's not pm

Thanks

Ah well if its like snail trails thats not PM, that'll prob just be residue and shouldn't be a problem.
    PM doesn't necessarily end up everywhere, sometimes it will just show on the tops of leaves, all depends where the spores are germinating best and reproducing

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Up_in_smoke For This Useful Post:

Joe Blogs (21-11-11)

Thanks

Is that five finger?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast