Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Clone ONLY strains...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

Surely if you have female only cuttings from a stable pheno - then all you need to do is stress one untill it hermies to get seeds - or am I missing something?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

you will only get an exact copy from cloning.
    selfing will produce similar to the original.
    as far as i know exodus cheese does not hermie and produce viable pollen and that has been the problem.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wert For This Useful Post:

go green grow green (21-11-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Darknightd View Post
    Yes, I meant pollinating from another strain.

Take a male from another strain,
    Pollenate a female cutting from a clone only plant,
    Take those seeds and pick another male from those planted seeds,
    Use that males pollen on another cutting from the clone only female and continue the process.

I would have thought that the more this was done, the closer to the original clone only strain you would get to by breeding out the traits from the male first used.

I'm giving myself a headache thinking about it now :lol:
    Yes in a sense, but what if the father ended up the dominant.
    If its been crossed with something else, no amount of backcrossing will get it to the original genetics because they have already been modified.

I'm English and all my known ancestors are English. If I had kids with a Jamaican and they then had children and children those children had children on and on only ever with Jamaicans, they would all still have some English lineage and some traits may remain. First metaphor I could think of, lol.
    Gingers are another one, lol. The ginger gene is dominant and recessive isn't it. You could carry it over generations and it never show its head then next generation of offspring could end up ginger. Not that gingers a bad thing, same deal, just came into my head. Prob cause I've just been at my ginger mates house who does a killer jamaican accent, lolololol.
    Last edited by Up_in_smoke; 21-11-11 at 11:07 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Up_in_smoke For This Useful Post:

Lil Sindigo (27-05-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,208 Times

I guess it would be possible in the extreme scientific sense to get seeds from a clone only strain, but out here amongs myself and my grower friends there is a healthy respect for the originals. Like the Albert Walker i mentioned, my mate got a clone from the original and because he was growing it differently than the original grower he decided it would be disrespectful to call it Albert Walker and changed the name to Rubens Revenge (named after his uncle who passed away), he gave me a cut and because I was doing an even different style of grow i called it 'Rough Ruben'. Genetically speaking we all had the same cut even, but because of slight differences in the end product based on growing environment we called it different things as to pay homage to the original.

Thanks

There's a few clone-only strains listed here.

http://en.seedfinder.eu/database/strains/cloneonly/

As for Kaliman and his "Cheese" seeds, there's some interesting stuff over on another popular UK-based grower's forum, that can be found easily with a couple of quick searches. Basically, the consensus seems to be that the guy's just another bullshitter, and has been virtually caught out.

I can link/quote, but I'm not sure if that's within the rules here or not.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stug For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There are a few on there i recongnize, but i don't know how reliable a source seedfinder is. There are some on there that are absolutely NOT clone only and some that sound made up for capitalization purposes. Also, the editorial errors all over their site makes me question their dedication to providing solid information. As for Kaliman, i've never seen him make any kind of claim to have the 'original' cheese in seed form, just a cheese varietial that he created. As for the 'other' site, i was kicked out of there for being a proud american so they can suck it imo.

Deep underground in my secret nuclear bunker.
    Thanks

Getting pollen from clone only var's is real easy, and you can take 2 routes,either let the clones flower for alot longer then needed so the clone puts out male bananas in a last ditch attempt to pass on its genetics (a sort of survival mode which is in the gene's) or the chemical route which is the preferred method as it produces more pollen in which you use either the toxic STS(silver theo-sulfate) or the non-toxic CS(collidal silver) which it very easy to make and anyone can do that with just a few household items like a 12v phone charger 100% pure silver and distilled/de-ionised water.You need to take a few clones from the clone only then treat 1 with CS and leave a few to flower naturally then after a few weeks flowering the treated plant will start to produce both male and female flowers then once the pollen starts to drop you can either collect the pollen and dust the females manually or you can let your fans do the work.Once they've been pollenated you can get rid of the sex reversed clone and only collect the S1 seeds from the non-reversed clones just to be on the safe side and all those seeds should be 100% female,
    The only way to get a stable S1 seeds is to use a stable true-breeding IBL because if there not the results will be more like a F2 hybrid with lots of variation.
    Plant a Seed
    ........&........
    Free the Weed

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showg.../500/ppuser/11

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marijuanamat For This Useful Post:

tjf8070 (02-12-11)

Thanks

thanks marijuanamat, but just to play devils advocate...

Wouldn't you still have to grow out and cross multiple generations to stabilize and get a plant that truly was like the original. I mean, slight mutations can and do happen even in clones so wouldn't there still be some pretty serious variations even if the pollen was from the original? (i don't know if that makes sense but...) Then, that said thanks to mutations and variations wouldn't it be near impossible to TRULY get a plant that was a true copy of the original?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    There's a few clone-only strains listed here.

http://en.seedfinder.eu/database/strains/cloneonly/

As for Kaliman and his "Cheese" seeds, there's some interesting stuff over on another popular UK-based grower's forum, that can be found easily with a couple of quick searches. Basically, the consensus seems to be that the guy's just another bullshitter, and has been virtually caught out.

I can link/quote, but I'm not sure if that's within the rules here or not.
    LOL! As for me, Rockster, I've been caught out? You really shouldn't believe what you read without a little in depth inquiry instead of jumping on the ignorance and incredulity bandwagon.

There have been literally dozens of Cheese#1 grow journals across many forums and every single grower says I've cracked it, I have to all intents and purposes got the original Exodus in seed form.

So yes, I do make the claim that I've got the original Exodus in seed form as all pheno's carry the Exodus cheese chemotype/resin profile and it can't be picked out in blind taste tests with the original.

And it's a cannabis cup winner.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

ChuChu (27-05-13), iice (04-03-12), RastaMouse22 (27-05-13), tjf8070 (02-12-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    LOL! As for me, Rockster, I've been caught out? You really shouldn't believe what you read without a little in depth inquiry instead of jumping on the ignorance and incredulity bandwagon.

There have been literally dozens of Cheese#1 grow journals across many forums and every single grower says I've cracked it, I have to all intents and purposes got the original Exodus in seed form.

So yes, I do make the claim that I've got the original Exodus in seed form as all pheno's carry the Exodus cheese chemotype/resin profile and it can't be picked out in blind taste tests with the original.

And it's a cannabis cup winner.
    understand that even if what you said hade elements of truth, an organisms sex is determined in its dna. its not really possible to change your dna from male to female. and even if you had a cheese which appeared male, its pollen would still only create females seeds any way. on top of that its said the cheese pollen is sterile. it would also remain sterile if it became male.
    theres posts of yours from long ago where you were looking for male sk to bx. not many people buy your story. is it really likely that out of thousands of people growing cheese for the last 20 years, you are the only person to have a female cheese change sex? and you just so happen to be already looking for sk1 males to bx to the clone only?

man you must think everyone is stupid.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to chunkybuttrotter For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast