Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: whats a ideal veg tent /mother tent

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

Keep a tent of constant vegetive state.

Match up a tent that compliments the size of your flower tent and the room and enjoy the fruits of your labour by adding 5 plants into each tent every 5-6 weeks.

TRF

TheRealFeanor is my name: And Canna is my nation: Cyber space is my dwelling place: The stars my destination

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealFeanor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,107 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post

i just love the idea of a mother plant knowing what to expect ,

nice idea

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 2high For This Useful Post:

joey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealFeanor View Post
    Keep a tent of constant vegetive state.

Match up a tent that compliments the size of your flower tent and the room and enjoy the fruits of your labour by adding 5 plants into each tent every 5-6 weeks.

TRF

yeah that means buying another tent matey, this would mean 3 tents i have bought lol ,
    get what you mean though

that would need same outake/intake etc etc which i can not afford ,

thanks

joey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2high View Post
    nice idea
    yeah looks like its going to be a mother tent , might take me years but a good pheno/traint is what i want ,

my first grow is going FEMs as will grow regs from then on ,

thanks bud

Thanks

you could try passive intake into a small tent then extract that into a bigger tent with a bigger extraction and filter...if you follow lol

tent - fan - tent- filter - fan

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2high For This Useful Post:

joey Guest

yeah hear you and follow you bud , just thinking will the outake going in to my 2nd tent will bring temps whih will house my mother ,

im a newb so still learning , but your advice /help/info has not fallen on deaf ear mate,

thanks for your replys

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    yeah hear you and follow you bud , just thinking will the outake going in to my 2nd tent will bring temps whih will house my mother ,

im a newb so still learning , but your advice /help/info has not fallen on deaf ear mate,

thanks for your replys

i've not tried it but i guess it would rise temps a bit, but if the mother lives under a nice cool cfl then would it be too much of a problem??

i think up_in_smoke uses something like it in his awesome loft palace can't quite remember... have a look...
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ight=upinsmoke
    its a long one, but worth a look

i'm pretty new to the 'hobby' too buddy, so don't take anything i say for granted, just ideas lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 2high For This Useful Post:

joey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 2high View Post
    i've not tried it but i guess it would rise temps a bit, but if the mother lives under a nice cool cfl then would it be too much of a problem??

i think up_in_smoke uses something like it in his awesome loft palace can't quite remember... have a look...
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ight=upinsmoke
    its a long one, but worth a look

i'm pretty new to the 'hobby' too buddy, so don't take anything i say for granted, just ideas lol

yeah see where you are coming from about the hot air that will need to be taken out of the mother tent wont be much if only using a CFL , but one i took uttings i wanted to use that tent to veg also

fire away any ideas matey , any help advice is more than welcome , i was just playing with the idea of having a second tent at all , its just sitting there doing nothing so is waste not to use it

but if i was it would be the idea you have said

big tent , CF-8''FAN- DUCTING -SMALL TENT -CF-DUCTING then exhaust out of groom, not a bad idea that mate not a bad idea at all ,

just mean with keeping the 8'' ducting ill need to make/cut a hole so it fits through my DR90II as the inlet/outlet holoe are only 6'' i think , would not be a problem , just tape it up good ,

thanks for the reply bud
    Last edited by joey; 22-11-11 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

I may be misunderstanding something, but it looks like a couple of the posts above have carbon filters being used inline.

Most filters are single-ended, so you can't do duct--->filter--->duct or other similar variations.

Best bet might be to put the (single) filter on the duct outlet, and a Y-piece to bring together the ducting from the two tents.

Code:
    Duct---- ----Duct
            Y
            |
           Fan
            |
          Filter

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

joey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymiss View Post
    I may be misunderstanding something, but it looks like a couple of the posts above have carbon filters being used inline.

Most filters are single-ended, so you can't do duct--->filter--->duct or other similar variations.

Best bet might be to put the (single) filter on the duct outlet, and a Y-piece to bring together the ducting from the two tents.

Code:
    Duct---- ----Duct
            Y
            |
           Fan
            |
          Filter
    no you read correct miss, i just never really looked/read of how a carbon filter works , and before that post i had never seen 1 either ,

so yes my theory is crap to say the least haha

back to the drawing board , of i could try the 1 you kindly drew for me ,

thanks for the reply

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast