Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Growing from Sainsburys hemp seeds

Thanks

Default Growing from Sainsburys hemp seeds

Yes I know they can't get you high, and yes they might be sterilised or irradiated etc, however, if it did work and they weren't irradiated etc, how would I go about growing these ?

I just want to try it for a bit of harmless fun, and get me motivated to grow bigger things one day.

I included the pictures of the seeds I brought.

Do I sprout them in a paper towel first maybe ? Yes the seeds are in the shell.

Don't respond asking me what is the point, only respond if its something useful to the thread. Thank you.

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/8519/dscn3921cy5.jpg

Thanks

dude, the paper towel method works a treat, put the towel in a non clear dish, dampen the towel, add the pre soaked seeds, add another damp paper towel to cover, and put another dish on top to block out the light, put it somewhere warm(top of tv, computer modem) as long as you dont let em dry out should be good in a couple of days, good luck man

Thanks

wow thanks man.

Is there a picture how to of how to do that somewhere ?

I saw youtube video of someone just putting dry seeds in a damp paper towel, wetting both sides of the paper towel. and sealing it in a plastic bag, is that also a good way ? Here is the youtube video of him doing it

youtube.com/watch?v=XL8HWGHrJTs

Skip to middle of video and tell me what you think.
    Last edited by CharlesObama; 21-10-08 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks

I always use the paper towl method by basically wetting some tissues with luke warm water, putting in bottom of tupaware, putting in seeds then covering with more wetted tissues and put somwhere warm and it works.

Not sure on the harmless bit though as you still need a liscense to grow hemp but I think it's certainly possible mate
    hope Ive helped

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I always use the paper towl method by basically wetting some tissues with luke warm water, putting in bottom of tupaware, putting in seeds then covering with more wetted tissues and put somwhere warm and it works.

Not sure on the harmless bit though as you still need a liscense to grow hemp but I think it's certainly possible mate
    hope Ive helped
    And growing cannabis isn't harmless ?? Lol.

Thanks

yeah but you'll get nicked/fined for nothing, so to speak..

Thanks

no pics soz mate, but the technique is idiot proof,piece of cake

Thanks

Wink

Paper towel method.

What D means mate is you just aswell put the same effort into growing something worth your while.

Thanks

Ok, it sprouted, now what do i do ?

Someone told me to use rockwool, and I have those too, do i simply just put it into the rockwool ?

withakay Guest

About ten years ago a farmer trialled commercial hemp in a field down the road from my house.
    Every day i drove past it i could see more evidence of people pulling up in their cars and ripping up plants By the end of the crop a good 10ft deep strip had dissapeared from the roadside margin - yeah like a UK farmer would be openly growing smokable cannabis.

Made me laugh, probably pissed off the farmer though

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast