Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T5 or cfl ???

craiggiebob Guest

Default T5 or cfl ???

Alright
    Just got my self a veg cab I currently have a t5 lightwave 4 tube 96w in total!!
    What I wanna know is this gonna be sufficient enought for say 5 seedling up until there ready to flower? Then just keep the best lookin one as a mother plant?
    Or should I get rid of the t5 and get a 250w cfl??
    Or could I get 2 red spec t5 bulbs and turn my t5 into duel spec 2 white 2 red? Cheers for any input

Thanks

Tbh t5s are pretty good for propagation, but you will not be able to veg these to a decent size before flower.

Dont get me wrong they will grow and flower under t5 but the results will not really be worth the time and effort in my opinion.

Go with a higher powered cfl and a decent reflector and keep it as close as possible until ready to flower.

What light are you planning on using to flower?
    Get it done before ` ZE GERMANS ` come

3. The Following User Says Thank You to skunksmoka2k8 For This Useful Post:

craiggiebob Guest

This is just a veg cab mate I have a 600w hps on digi ballast
    Just need to know weather t5 would be good nuff for veggin plants at least 5 weeks? Or am I best gettin a new cfl and reflector? Maybe dual spec if any betta at veggin? Cheer man

craiggiebob Guest

Go with a higher powered cfl and a decent reflector and keep it as close as possible until ready to flower.

Got ya

Bobby Digital Guest

second that ^^^ 250w cfl 6400k blue for veg, you can get them nice n bushy under that light before you flower

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bobby Digital For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

T5 are much more efficient than compact lamps.

A typical 200 Watt compact lamp provides 9,000 to 10,000 lumens (45 to 50 lm/W).
    192 Watts of T5 high output will give 14,000 lumens (73 lm/W).

So if you have the space, the T5s are almost certainly a much better bet.

ETA:

250 Watt compact is about 12,000 lumens.
    240 Watts of T5 HO is 17,500 lumens.

It really is no contest, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Anonymiss; 06-12-11 at 11:04 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

richardg (09-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,068 Times

I think its all a matter of opinion I use the 4 bulb T5' s as well dual spectrum and I find it vegges quite nicely for as long as you wish to continue. But in all honesty have never used a cfl. I would think the T5's would do quite well in an enclosed area I use mine in a 8x6 room with no trouble. Peace

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lostorstolen For This Useful Post:

craiggiebob Guest

Bastard didn't want anyone to second it haha oh well! Thanks to my tool of a dad he got me t5 rather than cfl, man at shop obviously sold him the more profitable light,
    Oh well not me dads fault think I'll be gettin cfl Thursday? If am only gonna be mothering will you think I'll need a 250 or a 125 will do? And what's the runnin spec of a 250w is it like 100w running cost or does it consume 250w of elec?
    Cheers

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,305 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymiss View Post
    T5 are much more efficient than compact lamps.

A typical 200 Watt compact lamp provides 9,000 to 10,000 lumens (45 to 50 lm/W).
    192 Watts of T5 high output will give 14,000 lumens (73 lm/W).

So if you have the space, the T5s are almost certainly a much better bet.

ETA:

250 Watt compact is about 12,000 lumens.
    240 Watts of T% HO is 17,500 lumens.

It really is no contest.
    Agree , I have used t5 for cuts, early veg. The only cfl veg light which compared equally/favourably watt for watt to the t5 was a 125 purple nurtrelite. You can't get them anymore for love nor money.

craiggiebob Guest

Question is:......!
    T5 lightwave 4 tube... 24w per tube

Or

Cfl 250...

All in a veg tent 60x60x140?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast