Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Electrical & safety

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times

But will it make my weed of lower quality if i use a cfl? instead of a hps or mh light. even if i kept the temp and humidity at a good level in the growroom using other sources for temp?

Thanks

some people have fantastic results with cfl lamps, althought hps and mh do put out a hell of a lot more lumens

Thanks
    Thanked 4 Times

thats made me feel much better about using a cfl thanks

spengle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lkdj2003 View Post
    Don't use one of those adapters that converts a 3 prong to a 2 prong unless you know for certain that the socket has been properly grounded.

"i wont be doing that so thats ok"

You can install a new breaker in the service panel and run 3 wire Romax to your grow. Then you can install a 3 prong outlet (preferably a GFCI). Buy a basic wiring book and follow the instructions exactly. Electricians don't charge much compared to morticians, so don't be afraid to hire a pro.

that might as well have been written in chinese to me

Add a 20 amp, not a 15 amp. The cost is the same and the 20 amp is no more hassle than the 15 amp. While you're at it, consider installing 2 runs of wire so if your grow ever needs another breaker, the wire will already be in place.

Additional note: Adapter tab must be screwed to the outlet center screw.

Bad solution all around, as most residential outlets without ground are fed with circuits lacking ground. False sense of security can kill you.

RE: Additional circuit run. That second circuit, when run correctly, should be what is called a 3 wire circuit (Line 1, Line 2, Neutral, Ground), Can provide 240V as well as 120V, and when properly ballanced, halves the voltage drop in the wires.

Difficulty: One extra conductor.
    that all might as well have been written in chinese for what im understanding. i dont have a clue when it comes to electrics and its a big concern to me.

i have purchaced a contactor that much i do understand. i want to run a 600w ballast as safe as possible. i only have 1 plug socket near the intended grow area.

i can run the outake fan and desk fan from another plug socket by lengthening the wire, that aint a problem, i can do that easily enough. but the contactor has two plugs... how do i go about plugging the two plugs of the contactor into one wall socket? SAFELY????

can i put some form of cicuit breaker on the contactor too? ive read how these ballasts can be quite hot and ive even read a post where someones burst into flames. i have a maxibright 600w ballast (brand new never used)

im not bothered about the bizzies breaking down my door, im not paranoide about growing but im scared as fuck of my house burning down.

can someone make this all simple for me to understand, even a picture might be a lot of help for me... im not dumb im just not up on electrics, changing a plug, extending wire and changing a blown fuse is about my only knowlage

spengle Guest

if maxibright ballast are unstable in any way im happy to take a loss on it and go out and buy another ballast, digital whatever. i just want peace of mind.

Thanks

You plug one of your contactor relay plugs into your timer and the timer into your mains socket and the other plug on your relay into the mains. Then you plug your light into one of the double sockets on the contactor and if you like plug either your desk fan of extractor fan in the other socket on your contactor. The only problem plugging your extractor fan into your contactor is you can't have the extractor fan come on and off a few times during lights out once in flower to change the air in your grow space. I would tend to have your desk fan plugged into your contactor aswell as your light and have your extractor on another timer so you have full control over the extractors on and off times.

As for maxibright ballast i can't help you there as i haven't heard anything bad about them tbh.

Thanks

Default using a pc fan ?

Ok ive read many people us pc fans for air curculation, some use a 9v or a 12v abdapter,

How do you wire a pc fan to these abdapters ? plz . & connect to the mains ?

Thanks

hello, I am new to posting, not sure if I am in the right place. Can anyone help me with a bit of advice on ballasts. I have bought an Agrolux LF 400W Poot light from Germany, the type with the ballast and reflector in one unit. However it did not come with a connector or cable and I haven't got a clue how to connect it. There is a 3 port socket under the back flap but it isn't a kettle lead socket. My seller said he would send me the connector for that socket but dosen't know how to wire it to the uk plugs. Anyone got any advice on the wire guage and type, fuse ampage, and how to connect the wires to the connector?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,843 Times

Instead of buying a contact relay and a timer you could buy one of these bad boys

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Envirolite-22a...item3c9aead6d6

Thats what i did

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Naxx For This Useful Post:

The old dog (23-06-14)

Thanks

well my timers have a max load oe 2000w and im only running a 600watt hps from it...and its a digital timer..so does that mean that i can run it safely without a contactor..plz help
    I Don't Fuck Around

12. The Following User Says Thank You to massivemick For This Useful Post:

STEVSTER (26-04-10)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast