Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bioavailable Medical Grade Oils, Edibles, Drinkables & More, from guru BadKittySmiles

Thanks

Thumbs up Bioavailable Medical Grade Oils, Edibles, Drinkables & More, from guru BadKittySmiles

These recipes have been benefiting, and improving the quality of life of medical patients around the country, and the globe. Using these guides, our own patients are getting much more medicinal value, from smaller amounts of cannabis.
    If you have an account where the photos are hosted, then you should be able to see the pics below, or you may see them regardless.

Some of BadKat's work has been included in Granny Storm Crow's list (which is another item that is -VERY- worth looking at, if you've never seen it before)!

__________________________________________________ ______

-Med Grade Edible & Highly Bioavailable **~Cannabis Oil~**-

This is the oil that -changed our edible experience-! We used to think smoking and vaping were more efficient and got more potency out of our herb... SO not true!

You just need to be sure that you're activating your herb, using a good pure oil (no water!!) that your body can absorb easily, and that you give your herb and glands enough time under a gentle heat, to fully break down and become 'bioavailable'.

Otherwise, a TON of your potency (even if it has been activated) goes in one end, and out from the other, without even being absorbed!If you start skipping steps, or raising the heat and reducing time, all those little mistakes add up, and really reduce how much potency you feel from your edibles.

We've been able to save so much of our meds by using them more efficiently! We've been able to cut back on smoking and vaping (doing it more for pleasure purposes now), while medicating more truly and seriously (and powerfully!) with edibles. You need to be careful with medical strength oil. An edible that may be a small dose for you, can easily overpower a friend who doesn't have the same tolerance! So be sure you know how much is in each edible you make, or you'll wind up a bit too medicated!

- Canna Oil -

Making...

Into...

Made using the ground popcorn flowers and frosty trim, of a POG # 8 harvested in April (jar cured for 3 months).

Firstly: For most of my processing, I'd normally be wearing gloves. Food/processing grade Poly, Nitrile or Latex. You should try to avoid latex, it's a more-common allergy than the other two. Normally I'd say "no glove, no love."

But when I make oil for myself, and for one older woman who tells me she's allergic to everything from Poly, to Nitrile (hers are finished and wrapped in wax paper), I go gloveless (bareback... lol). The straining process usually gets my joints a little sore without equipment to do it for me, but the canna oil helps my hands and wrists in an amazing, almost-immediate way. I used to be a bit of an 'athlete', and had to stop at a young age due to some arthritis and other health issues.. thinking back, I may not have had to stop so soon if I'd know at the time what canna could do for me. Topical canna is great for the back, shoulders, knees, wrists and fingers... anywhere that's less than a few inches from the surface of the skin gets fast relief.

If I'm making several batches at home one day, and if I need one myself, I'll make a personal batch first so I can strain it bare-handed, and then process fully-gloved for the following batches.

Before washing the oil from my hands and wrists, I rub it in a little deeper, put plastic bags on my hands, and rest them in hot water for a few minutes... it's pure bliss in a matter of seconds, and I'm pain free, without being sedated or having other areas of my body effected or desensitized.

For the amount of pain-relief it provides, it doesn't even diminish the sensation of touch in the hands much; I can feel my hands when I touch them, and I'm never accidentally burning myself by touching something too hot, for too long. It just removes the pain.

But on to the part you care about

You will need:

- A ceramic casserole dish, or a pyrex/glass pie dish

- Aluminum Foil

- Herb

- Potato Masher or Spoon

- Grinder (preferably a coffee grinder or Bullet Blender-type grinder or blender)

- Olive, Coconut, Grapeseed, Canola oil, or clarified butter (heat and cool evaporating water, skim foam/milk solids off surface, repeat three times)

** Use slightly more oil than the recipe calls for, to account for the slight loss during straining. You won't lose much at all, especially if you strain small portions of green at a time rather than all of it all at once.. if the recipe calls for a half cup, measure out in your measuring cup until the line is only just a few hairs above the halfway mark. You'd want half a cup, and between a teaspoon and tablespoon extra.

- Optional: Lecithin (It is a 'booster' ingredient, which enhances bioavailability or absorption via a process known as 'liposomal encapsulation', providing more intense effects, from the same material. It doesn't increase potency per se; it increases your body's ability to absorb, and put the available potency to better, faster, more efficient use... for more information, see page 1 of this thread.)

-------------

Pre-heat your oven to 215 - 220 f... if you've never tested the heat of your oven, go for 210 - 215 f to be on the safe side. Decarboxylation is part of the natural aging process of canna, and decarboxylated material is somewhat fragile, because it's just a step before the material begins to actually lose the potency we're looking for as the cannabinoids continue to convert. Dry warm air is important for fast decarboxylation, but it's also a good way to quickly degrade your material by speeding up the rate of decomposition. The decarbing process continues in oil (picture how a wet potato, evaporates into a dry, but oily chip); so you're best off under-processing than over-processing, where the dry pre-decarb is concerned. Unfortunately there is a lot of discrepancy on decarboxylation. If you have freshly harvested wet cannabis, it's going to take several hours for it to first become smoke-dry, then decarb and activate. If you feel your material is very fresh, but smoke dry, feel free to experiment by adding an extra 10 - 15 minutes. If it's very old, a faded, more pale shade of green or brown, and you feel it may have crossed a border or two to get to your home, keep to the guide and do not exceed 20 minutes.

Grind your herb as finely as possible. Sprinkle evenly over the pie dish.

Cover WELL with aluminum foil, crimping up the sides below the edge and trying to avoid folding it under the dish itself (a little movement or sliding into the oven disturbs the seal and usually causes that base foil to 'lift' open.. if you seal it up around the edges instead it stays in place).

Place in oven at 220 f, for 20 - 30 minutes (less for commercial, brown or older looking herb, more for something that seems like it may be more fresh). Once your timer has gone off, shut off heat and leave the dish in the oven, open slightly (the door has a few 'open' settings... just open it a crack) and remove in 10 minutes. Letting it cool down slowly gently continues the decarbing process, while allowing any potential vapor to settle back into the material you'll be working with.

Once removed, preheat the oven again to 220 f.

Melt your solid oils, and heat those liquid oils to ensure any potential water has been evaporated prior to beginning the process.. if using butter, clarify it by heating and cooling several times, skimming the milk solids off the surface. Repeat until no solids appear.

Remove your foil lid carefully.. you'll be re-using it. If it tears, get a fresh sheet.

If you have lecithin, this is when you'd sprinkle it evenly over the surface of the decarbed herb. Then, you pour over your oil. Give it a little mix. Cover with foil, and place back in the oven for 45 minutes. This will be your half-way heating point.

After 45 minutes, remove from the oven (leave it on) and allow the dish to cool for 10 - 15 minutes. Once the temp has dropped and you can comfortably touch the dish, you'll carefully open it, keeping the foil, then press and mash the herb with your potato masher, or the back of a large spoon. This just helps loosen up that glandular material as it's breaking down, and helps expose it to the oil.

Replace the foil lid, seal well, and put back in the oven for another 45 minutes. This time, when it's finished, just shut off the heat and leave in the oven until reasonably cool... this will take about a half hour in a sealed still-warm oven.

When
    finished cooling from the second heating, you can either freeze your material in the dish, if it's pyrex, or pour the entire batch into a freezer-safe container.

Freeze it all for at least 2 hours (longer to get the center if you've made any more than a cup). Remove, allow to thaw to room temp or the shock will break your dish and waste all your precious oil, then place back in the oven for just long enough to liquefy and thin out the oil, for better straining.

Finally you're finished: you can either store it away, or immediately use your new Canna Oil.

----

***** -Dosing- *****

Now this is where you come in... a single edible dose when made from a combination of flowers and frosty trim, is usually approx. 0.35g as far as many dispensaries are concerned; but some people need half that, and some people need a little more.

1) The quality of your oil processing, 2) the quality of your flowers, and 3) your personal tolerance, will determine how much you need per dose. If you followed the above directions exactly, you've got a high quality oil, making the other factors very easy for an individual to calculate.

To determine your personal edible dose, whatever you smoke in a day if your a heavy smoker, or a single session if you're an average smoker, should be the absolute max you'd want to consume per edible, to avoid the risk of feeling overwhelmed your first few tries. It is going to effect you a bit more and for a longer duration when eaten, than that same amount would when smoked. So if you don't want much stronger sensations than you're used to, you'll want to use a bit less than you'd normally smoke.

For the math, if you're making a batch of 15 brownies, you'll probably want to shoot for just under 5.5 grams if your personal dose is for instance 0.35g. What folks say commonly, is that you should use 'a quarter ounce, per batch of brownies'. But of course, that's not going to be exactly accurate for every batch or recipe, or every persons tolerance... it depends on the size the brownies are cut to, and it doesn't take the quality of the oil into consideration.

So using math to determine a single dose, and knowing how many doses you plan on making in the end, is a much more accurate guide than to have me tell you that "you need 'X' amount of herb, per 'Y' amount of oil".

Take your dose/quantity per edible (example - 0.35g), then multiply that, by how many doses your recipe will make (example - 15 doses), to determine how much herb you should be using for however much oil the recipe requires (example - 5.25g, for the specific amount of oil the recipe calls for). 0.35 x 15 = 5.25

NOW, that's dosing. But how many doses to add, to a certain amount of oil, depends solely on the recipe you're making with that oil.

Not knowing what you'd be doing with it, or what your tolerance is, if I gave you any one specific amount it could be ridiculously overkill for a particular recipe, or not strong enough for another.

If a batch of brownies takes 1/2 cup of oil, and makes 15 brownies, but a batch of pasta sauce requires between 1/4 - 1/3 of a cup, and makes only 2 portions.... well, you see how that may not add up, dose-wise.

Long story short, the process is the crucial part, and I'm leaving both the oil and herb amounts and ratios up to you. Just use the above as a guide, and remember to take the recipe, and your personal dose into consideration before beginning your oil.

Good luck, and have fun! "

Last edited by OrangeWidow; 13-12-11 at 10:59 AM. Reason: links removed :)

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FriendsOfKat For This Useful Post:

AliceBrownieBaker (11-08-13), BADM4N (20-04-14), CocoMonkey (13-08-13), Gaz (21-09-18), RastaMouse22 (13-08-13), Sage (16-12-15), Smokeface (07-11-14), smokenthang (11-09-13), ZexoticPharmacist (09-07-17)

Thanks

Default -TAZO Chai PumpCanna Pie-

BadKitty gave us a Thanksgiving treat!

I have only made the eggnog {great!}, but the rest looks delicious!

"Good morning, and Happy Thanksgiving! I know some of you are probably up already
    preparing for your feasts.. or if you're like me, you haven't been to sleep all night!

I'm sure there are at least a few of you out there, who are still cooking and baking
    many of your dishes and desserts fresh, today, so I thought I'd hurry up and offer you
    some ideas and inspiration, by sharing a little of what I've been working on the last
    few days, and hours.....

-TAZO Chai.............
    .......... PumpCanna Pie-

With a Vanilla Sugar & Pecan Topping

This pie is just as good around Christmas and the New Year, as it is today.

This special twist on the old pumpkin pie, is an old holiday favorite around my house, that I used to make for a friend every year (well, every year that I remembered to )

-----------------------------------------------------

You will need:

- 1 can pumpkin, roughly 15 ozs

- 14ozs sweetened condensed milk (I like to use a powdered full cream milk from Australia)

- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sugar (less if using sweet milk)

- ¼ cup brown sugar

- 2 eggs

- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon

- ¾ tsp ground nutmeg

- ½ tsp ground ginger, or 2 tsp fresh

- ¼ tsp clove (or allspice)

- ¼ tsp salt

- 6 - 8 doses canna or hash oil

- Pastry crust, made with or without canna, as seen in this past recipe... just subtract the bouillon, use a little less water, and the baking powder is optional:
    A Canna Pastry Recipe

Note: If you are looking for as much potency as possible, with as little degradation as possible, do NOT use canna in your pastry crust.... simply add all your potent oil to the filling, as directed, where it will remain -the safest- during baking.
    Adding hash oil to the crust is more a 'gourmedible' technique, than it is a medible technique; any potency contained and baked in the outer-most edges of the dough itself, is much more likely to degrade, than any potency contained in the center. It is done more for the very subtle hashy flavor, and so it can be said that, "this dough was made with hash, as well...".... la-dee-da.

*** Optional; Tazo Chai tea mix, or bags

*** Optional; ½ - ¾ cup chopped pecans, + ½ cup brown sugar, + ¼ cup white sugar, + 1 tsp flour, + ½ tsp vanilla, & pinch of nutmeg. Blend, then top the pie with this mixture, 10 - 15 minutes before it's finished baking.

------------------------------------

I'll go through the pastry crust briefly with photos... (a full recipe can be found here:A Canna Pastry Recipe .....again, just subtract the bouillon, use a little less water, and the baking powder is optional...)

Crust:

You should always make your crust in advance, up to a full day in advance if possible!

Keep your butter and coconut oil as cool as possible, but still manageable. Dice it up into little chunks, using two butter knives. Optional; toss with melted canna/hash oil.

Add your flour, salt and sugar. Blend using your knives until it creates pea-sized lumps, then later, use your hands.

Add 1 - 2 Tbsp water. Blend further, then roll into a ball.

Wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 - 2 hours, before flattening.

---------------------------------------

Filling:

Heat your milk gently, and if you're using a solid canna oil, dissolve it in the warm milk now. Add your spices, your salt, your eggs, and your sugar. Whisk, or blend in a blender.

I use less total milk, but concentrate it with more milk powder, and make up for the rest of the liquid content using a Tazo Chai tea mix.. I've used the bags, steeped in the warm milk, as well as the boxed mix over the years.

Add this very-fragrant mixture to your pumpkin in a separate bowl, mix only briefly until just-blended, and line a 9" pie dish with your pastry crust.

Pre-heat your oven, to 420 f.

Fill the pastry crust with your spiced, pumpkin canna milk, filling.

Place it in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, then reduce heat down to 350 f and continue baking for an additional 30 - 35 minutes if adding pecan topping, or 35 - 45 minutes if leaving your pie as it is. If adding a pecan topping, you will be continuing baking until the total time is reached.

Add your topping, and bake for an additional 10 - 15 minutes.

Allow to cool fully (pumpkin pie is often best, the next day!), and enjoy with some hash infused whipped cream, photos and recipe for that to be included sometime after Thanksgiving... this way, at least you'll be ready for Christmas

Enjoy! "

(Full photo tutorial found here: -TAZO Chai PumpCanna Pie- ... if the above looks like a bunch of coding, w/ no pics, just click the link!)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FriendsOfKat For This Useful Post:

AliceBrownieBaker (11-08-13), BADM4N (20-04-14)

Thanks

Default -Sausage Cheese Bread with Hash Oil-

-Sausage Cheese Bread with Hash Oil-

" This is a great one for Thanksgiving, and Christmas.....

You will need:

- Canna or reg. Pizza Dough (if making your own, see ~)

~ 2 cups flour

~ 1 cup water

~ 1 Tbsp Canna or Olive Oil

~ 1 tsp salt

~ 1.5 tsp sugar

~ 1 packet yeast

- 4 - 6 doses hash or canna oil (if your oil is not concentrated, you may use up to two Tbsp; if your meat seems 'oily', thicken using flour or corn starch)

- 1 Tbsp diced onion

- ½ tsp crushed garlic

- ¼ tsp cyan pepper

- 1 Tbsp olive or hemp oil

- ¾ - 1 lb minced sausage of your choice

- 1 ½ cups shredded mild cheddar, or mozzarella

- sprinkle of parmesan

- 1 tsp mixed italian herbs, or herbs de province

- salt, pepper to taste

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If making your own dough, prepare it well in advance, and allow it to rise fully. We're using canna dough.

Note: If you are looking for as much potency as possible, with as little degradation as possible, do NOT use canna dough.... simply add all your potent oil to the meat, as directed, where it will remain -the safest- during baking.

Adding hash oil to the crust is more a 'gourmedible' technique, than it is a medible technique, any potency contained and baked in the outer-most edges of the dough itself is more likely to degrade. It is done more for the very subtle hashy flavor, and so it can be said that, "this dough was made with hash, as well...", la-dee-da. ;-P

----------------

Blend your dry bread dough ingredients, heat your water to 110 f, then add it to the bowl as well. Mix thoroughly.

Allow to rise....

(One thing I've noticed in both baking, and brewing... cannabis certainly does NOT hinder yeast productivity )

--------------------------------------------------

Filling:

Add your Tbsp of olive or hemp oil to a frying pan, and lightly saute your onions (I use crushed onion, pre-blended with the sausage, so it doesn't 'offend' the folks who don't care for the onion texture ), adding your sausage half way through to brown. If your sausage requires it, drain off -all- excess fat and moisture.

Once cooked through, and after any moisture has been drained, add your canna oil, your pepper/s, salt and other herbs, and toss with the meat (to retrieve all your potent oil, with the meat, be sure to use a spatula/scraper).

Pre-heat your oven to 380 f.

Take your dough and, using flour and working it as little as possible at this point, roll and form a flattened and floured rectangle.

Add your seasoned canna meat, and both your cheeses, leaving one fourth to one third of the rectangle empty, as seen below..

If your dough was floured and worked-over well, this should be very easy... if not, be careful!

Roll your dough up, starting with the filling-side, towards the edge without the filling/toppings. When the dough is good, it should be pretty easy to manipulate and move around, without destroying it. Be sure that once you're done, you've placed it seam-side down, and that you've folded and tucked both ends under.

Glaze the top with an egg, water and oil, then sprinkle with your favorite herbs.

Bake at 380 f, for 35 minutes, or until golden brown.

Once finished, allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes before slicing.. and enjoy. "

Last edited by OrangeWidow; 13-12-11 at 11:01 AM. Reason: link removed :)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FriendsOfKat For This Useful Post:

HighTokeinYoda (27-03-13), RastaMouse22 (13-08-13)

Thanks

Default -Holiday Hash Nog-

-Holiday Hash Nog-

" This may be almost blasphemously early for a few of you... but 'round here, we start drinking our 'Nog around Thanksgiving.

I make the below as a 'base' to store easily in the fridge (among other dishes) on the day of a gathering. We serve it diluted with milk or cream, either cup-to-cup as needed, or all at once in a large party bowl when we're ready for it. This is the scaled-down version....

Making it concentrated to begin with allows folks to have it either as intense, or as mild as they like.

Serves 6 - 8

You will need:

- 3 to 4 eggs, (you may use up to 6, if you like it eggy.. we use less egg, and heavier cream)

- ¾ cup sugar

- pinch ground cinnamon

- large pinch of either all-spice, or ground clove.. both are different, but both can be used

- 1+ tsp ground nutmeg, and a few drops nutmeg extract

- ½ - 1 tsp ginger

- 1 cup heavy cream

- 1 tsp vanilla

- hash oil, tincture, or both; enough for 6 portions.

- Alcohol of your choice, to the desired strength.

- optional, pinch lecithin.. for an extra-creamy feeling or texture, and as an emulsifier or homogenizor!

And finally...

- An additional one (1) cup of milk, light or heavy cream for diluting when ready, or add as much as needed, to taste...

-------------------------------------------------

If you dilute a concentrated nog with milk or cream just before serving, rather than pre-mixing the drink entirely, it adds an extra dimension, or an increased contrast to the flavor of the nog, as the two elements slowly blend during drinking, altering between the subtle flavor of milk or cream, and the sweet and spicy, rich, nog.

The same can be done with the alcohol you use.. it will taste very different if you pre-blend the alcohol, versus adding it only just prior to serving.

Tip: If you want to get away with a strong drink, but with a less detectable and more-subtle (alcohol) flavor, then blend your alcohol first. If you want that contrast flavor sensation going on between your strong liquor, and the creamy nog, then add your alcohol just prior to drinking. Your alcohol will taste stronger, if added later, just before serving, even if you use less of it.

We're using a combination of Laphroaig, single malt scotch, and a silver tequila.

-----------------

Start by gently heating your cream, until steamy, but not boiling. Bring up to about 180 f, if using a thermometer. At this point, add your lecithin, tincture and/or canna or hash oil. Remove from heat. Whisk in your spices now, as well. And your sugar.

Rather than buying it pre-ground, I like to grind my own cinnamon... it's much more tasty, and more fragrant that way! I was going to save this for the PumpCanna Pie tutorial, but then figured that recipe already had enough photos, and it's long enough.

That goes through a screen, whatever falls below is used immediately, then I collect any remaining too-large debris for more grinding.

Back to the recipe....

Move the still-hot liquid to a blender. Add your eggs, and pulse-blend for 1 - 2 minutes. When you open the blender, it should release a warm 'burst' of compressed, heated air. It should not be 'too' hot, but still, watch your face! Add the desired amount of alcohol, if any, and blend again (it is not required.. the nog is quite good all on its own )

The mixture should be beginning to get pretty thick, and it will thicken further as it cools. If you're worried about your eggs, you shouldn't... they were likely 'clean' to begin with, most usually are, but by this point they should also be fairly well heat-sanitized.

Finally, blend with the desired amount of additional cream or milk, as needed... it can even be frozen and saved for later! If you like a thicker and more aerated nog, that will go a little further and fill an extra cup or two, whisk your additional pure cream until it thickens, before combining with your concentrated blend.

Top with a dash of ground nutmeg for extra scent, and serve....

And that's all, folks... I've got some work to do!

Enjoy your good food, your hopefully good health, and all the much-deserved time relaxing, and reminiscing with loved ones, that you can manage to squeak in .....have a great day! :wave:

- BKS "

Last edited by OrangeWidow; 13-12-11 at 11:01 AM. Reason: link removed :)

Thanks

Default -Glowing! Hard Hash Candies-

UV Reactive ***GLOWING*** Canna Candy

Glowing Hash Candies:

These you can make very easily, following any hard candy recipe. By adding oil, you’re turning a hard candy into something like a ‘caramel’, and with a little vanilla, or some fruit flavorings (I recommend passion fruit or papaya) these things taste a little overwhelmingly canna, but AMAZING.

They are one of my very favorite treats, I’m not sure if it’s the years of exposure or what, but hash just tastes soooo good this way: pure hash oil, mixed with pure sugar, lightly flavored or not = heaven.

How much hash you decide to use, really depends how strong you’d like them.

I recommend making the first batch you try WEAK, that way you don’t wind up regretting the temptation you have to eat a bunch right away The first batch can be a snack, the next can be meds.

They really taste that good, and the taste is only better when they aren’t made to glow.. the quinine in the tonic water, causes the glowing reaction under a black light, but it’s definitely a little bitter and of course it isn’t necessary at all unless you want your candy to glow, it's more of a festive party ‘gimmick’.

I’ve always considered these my ‘secret recipe’... I had actually decided against sharing it to begin with! Luckily, by the time I was preparing the mixtures to pour out and harden I was feeling a little more generous.

And besides, glowing tonic water isn’t exactly a HUGE secret, anyway

------------------------------------------------

You will need:

- 4.0g hash

- 3 tsp coconut oil or butter

- ¾ cup sugar

- ½ cup tonic water (to glow), or, regular water (more sweet)

- flavoring if desired

- a pinch of salt; not needed if using tonic water

- candy thermometer

- a small metal pot

- a baking sheet covered in greased foil, or wax paper

Makes: 20-24 x 5 – 7.5 gram candies. The circular licorice candies are 7.5 grams each, and the square and rectangle holiday candies weigh roughly 5 and 6 grams respectively.

Decarb then prepare the hash and coconut oil, or butter, as described in the first Canna Capsule recipe above.

You can definitely choose to use bud oil, and you can get away with using as many as 6 – 8 tsp of oil in that little sugar, before the consistency of the candy is too altered.

When you’re in the final stages of preparing your oil/butter and you’re ready to freeze it, you can begin the candy.

Start by mixing the tonic water, and sugar, in a pot over a medium heat until the sugar has fully dissolved. Once that has happened, bring to a boil. Continue boiling for 3 or 4 minutes, then insert your candy thermometer and if it’s a style which you can clasp to the side of the pot to keep it in place, do so. Once the temperature has reached 300 degrees, immediately remove from heat and set aside, leaving the thermometer in place.

Remove your hash oil from the freezer.

When the temperature of the clear liquid sugar is down to about 250, it is safe to add your not-quite-frozen, solidified oil, without risking a boil up. This will also rapidly reduce the temperature of the candy, making it safer for the cannabinoids. This is also the time you would add any flavoring, at a rate according to the flavor/manufacturers suggestion. The only coloring comes from the hash, otherwise these candies would be almost crystal clear.

Now, you have a few options.

There are inexpensive candy molds you can buy, you can simply pour it over some wax paper or greased foil, or finally, you can wait for it to cool somewhat, so it’s almost (but not quite) too hot to touch, keep it over a few low heat frequently cycling from on, to off, and form fast shapes by hand, as it turns rock solid.

I’ve done all three, each works just as well as the other.. depends what mood I’m in by the time I have the candy ready If measuring a consistent dose in each piece of candy is crucial, use a candy mold.. the medium and large jewels are fun, and work well.

For the tutorial I made two separate batches; one is a triple strength pure hash “Glass Candy” using only the hash as flavor, and the last batch I split into two portions, so each portion could be flavored.

3 x strength glass hash candy:

And a few moments later…

It glows so well, that the black light can be behind a couch or on the fridge, and the candy itself actually lights up the foil. And a foil-wrapped bowl can make a good serving dish.

This is the candy under normal lighting, and it looks, well... basically, normal.

And that’s it! Wrap in wax paper, or dust lightly with powdered sugar and bag it up for storage. It lasts for months if sealed well, years in the freezer.

I’ll finish this up with some glowing ‘eye candy’… pun, intended

And wrapped.

I hope you enjoy these at least half as much as I do Have fun!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FriendsOfKat For This Useful Post:

AliceBrownieBaker (11-08-13), KrazyDave (09-03-14), RastaMouse22 (13-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

nice,something there for for everyone that would like to try edibles............apart from your sausage roll that looks like a severed penis....eeeeeek.
    thanks for posting, i am sure mrs wert will try the eggnogg.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

Thanks

Holy mamma! I am so hungry and jealous right now! Good work BKS!

That sausage thing looks awesome, nothing like what that guy said :P

Cub Shoot 2 Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,342 Times

nice share

First Grow: Big Bud and Bud Bomb (completed)
    Second Gow: Yoda Goes Bubblegum(completed)
    Third Grow
    Yoda's DIY Northern Lights on a shoestring budget grow

WanderinBloke Guest

Not quite sure why this thread hasnt received more attention!

BUMP!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WanderinBloke For This Useful Post:

AliceBrownieBaker (11-08-13), Goodbuddy (13-08-13), RastaMouse22 (13-08-13)

Thanks

Awesome !!!
    I'm trying the oil recipe using Coconut oil and
    adding that PumpCanna Pie to the holiday menu.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast