Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheese Skunk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks

Default Cheese Skunk

So who is growing the real deal here,

So theres Greenhouse cheese, Bigbudda cheese and Barneys cheese, --so these cheese's are fake,
    so what ,where and who is growing the real cheese ??--
    whats all the fuss about?

Thanks

Wink

I wouldn't say they are fake mate, they are there own strain in there own right. I think you must be talking about the orignal UK Cheese which again is a different strain altogether.

Thanks

yeah!!'who is growing this orignal UK Cheese ,where could i get this from
    ive read they dont do seeds only clones,
    any info where i can get?

GreenDaze Guest

the uk cheese is still floating about, couple of growers on this site with the uk cut and plenty scattered about the boards

the reasons she's so special is she's old skool genetics and on top of that was a rare find at the time....i've read some people consider recreating the parents of skunk #1 to look for similar pheno's but again the reason she's so special is because genetics have changed over the years and the crops back then were nice clean lines
    e.g skunk #1 bought from sensi today won't be the same version of skunk #1 that was sold 20 years ago..the same priniciple can be used with most strains that have been about a while...kali mist is another strain that was said to be at her best pre 98 compared to the variety that's about today

big buddha cashed in imho it wasn't about providing cheese to the masses is was about cashing in on the masses
    this isn't an insult or intended to offend anyone growing big buddha gear but whatever you find in seed form from him won't hold a candle to the original cut...even if you find a dank pheno in the beans it's highly unlikely it will measure up to the original
    greenhouse used bigbuddha's cheese to make their own cheese seeds
    big buddha didn't really work the line and by his own admission the strain needs lots of work but he's earning off it so i doubt the work will ever happen...the thing that peeves real cheese growers off about this is that the cheese has survived 20+ years through grower love and the cuts been shared by good people freely...the cut shouldn't be sold, it's not one of those elite cuts that some of the american growers show off where they just want to keep it for themselves and make seeds to sell...this was just about spreading quality old skool genetics that put a smile on the home growers face...with the name association of cheese to these inferior seeds it weakens the name lol i've been offered i don't know how many fake bits of cheese since the beans hit the market...eash individual swears it's the original version but as i said before none of them can hold a candle to the original cut

back crossing is something that can work to isloate a certain trait but with breeding canna and breeding cheese it's a bit of a minefield...usually 1 trait can be passed but the cheese is fantastic..what trait do you pass? the smell? the taste? the high? the resin bud structure? etc etc etc

the fem'd cheese seeds should be avoided as they are nothing but a money making scheme by the breeders....original cheese has been selfed many times and these fem seeds have been given out freely by many original cut growers...what was continually found was that the s1's were really nothing like the original cut...obviously it's not in the interest of big buddha or greenhouse etc to tell growers this as they only want £$ despite their claims of wanting us all to experience the real cheese *cough lol

big buddha made his cheese by using an afghan male x uk cheese...apparently he then selected a male plant from the seeds and crossed it to the original cut and made seeds to sell from there....apparently greenhouse's fems are actually s1's of a cheese x afghan rather than s1's of the original cuts...greenhouse claim that big buddha is using the same plant to make the fems

big buddha charged £50 for 10 beans for as long as he could get away with it...he still charges £25...there is a bit of cheese in his genetics but not a lot...so if his strains are worth a fart in a glass then it's testament to the quality of the real cut of cheese or a placebo created by the association with cheese ...a qualty cut

lol dunno if that makes any sense

be good to see more real cheese grows over here

i hope this doesn't offend or anything but i'm linking to another site for the sole purpose of showing the old sensi catalogue when they were called the the super sativa seed club
    the cheese was found in the skunk #1 m9?
    the info shows the arely days of the seed game in holland etc and makes for a good read

***link removed***

atb
    Last edited by Cha-Cha Chong; 28-10-08 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Removing link.

Thanks

I'm was fortunate to be given a uk cheese cutting about 6 weeks ago, which i have grown up into a mother and i'll be taking cuttings off her and using them in my next grow.

Thanks

does it smell like chees or something how did it get the name?And most of the ELITE strains are overhyped strains with the taste slightly sweet.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by popefull27 View Post
    does it smell like chees or something how did it get the name?And most of the ELITE strains are overhyped strains with the taste slightly sweet.
    it smells like cheese thats how it got its name
    I have nothing but time man. There it is. TIME. Something everyone has. Just gotta know how to use it!
    Mixed grow log https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1070814207

Thanks

does it taste like cheese?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Toker View Post
    Yes m8, and depending on where you get it from it can taste like cheddar, stilton or even Brie .... once heard of a bag tasting just like dairylea.
    lmao

Thanks

Im doing my first real grow at moment was given a UK Cheese clone and grew that and took 10 cuttings, all 10 cuttings took .

The original clone that i took cuttings of gave me just under 2 ounce of the stinkiest smelliest weed ive ever smelt. 2 ounce aint all that i know but wernt bad considering it was only under lights for the flowering and i aint got a clue what im doing tbh.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast