Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seeds

Thanks

Default Seeds

I'm having real problems getting my seeds to take root, last grow they went well and didn't have any real problems, this time I've tried twice and both times they get to 1-1 1/2 inches tall then give up and die they are in heated prop in jiffy plugs temps are 28c prop and plugs misted as needed, any help greatly appreciated

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

when they emerge out of the pellet cube do you keep them in the prop? if you do take them out as they have rooted and water them then place them under a light..CFL if you can for a while then a better light when they get older

Looking for New Pastures

3. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

Shamus (17-12-11)

Thanks

Thanks for quick reply up2 yes they stay in prop when showing themselves, open vent on prop and light on just like last time but can't seem to get them to take

Thanks

when the tap root is showing through the cube do you place them into soil ? They really need to be taken out of the prop as soon as the root appears then into your medium as the root will try out and kill the seedlings..

Thanks

Not seeing any tap roots out of bottoms of cubes they die before they get that far

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
    Not seeing any tap roots out of bottoms of cubes they die before they get that far
    then they have probably got too dry and fizzled away mate being too hot in the prop..as before as soon as you see the seedling appear,say a cm take it out and place in soil or whatever medium you are using then water and under light..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

Shamus (17-12-11)

Thanks

Many thanks up2 will pop some more in and try again

Thanks

i have the same problem, i now have a heat mat to keep them warm, i have no cfl, i normally root them in darkness till there about 1" tall with the shell off thenunder my 600W hids but have it high away from the plants and gradually lower it down over a week, is this ok?

my main problen is once they crack, they die soon after the tap root pops out, i have a low success rate with seeds hopefully this heat mat will help out

Thanks

Another batch done exactly the same. Just started to show themselves out top of jiffys then curled up and died think I'm gonna give up

Thanks

So they are germinating ok but just not taking to their new lives?

Hmm sounds to me like the environment is killing them, try removing the prop lid and switching the heat off as soon as they break the surface, or better still just do without the prop and germ them in your grow room/tent.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sparra For This Useful Post:

Shamus (21-12-11)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast