Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: THC v CBD (Weed Wars)

Thanks

Default THC v CBD (Weed Wars)

After watching weed wars for a few episodes I started googling for high CBD seeds in the UK......

I'm sure a few are thinking wtf but on the documentary for the largest medicinal cannabis pharmacy in the world they were recommending high CBD with low THC for pain relief and at the same time 'keeping your head straight'. There seems to be very little (if any) info on CBD content on UK seed sites.

Before anyone thinks 'what a weirdo', we have nothing against a good buzz or whatever it's called these days being students in the 70s and neither of us admitting to remembering anything from those times. Unfortunately we have to deal with crap head doctors, district nurses and even the darlin's from the aptly initialed SS.

So the question is - what are the opinions of British medicinal cannabis users on CBDs and THCs?

Fox

P.S. I'm Welsh but herself is Californian by birth so we can even believe that the whole of California is far too stoned to tell the difference

2. The Following User Says Thank You to foxuk For This Useful Post:

lucindica (12-11-12)

Thanks

As I understand it, thc is the giggly shit, cbd is primarily the is the stuff that makes you relax and go "ugh"! makes sense therefore that anything with a high cbd/low thc ratio would be more useful for medicinal use.
    Have done a little research and asked questions on this forum, (pmt sufferer), it seems that everyone has their own favourites. From a scientific point of view it would appear that altitude is what makes the difference,
    anything grown at height will generally produce more cbd. Of course with a lot of different strains being produced around the world you can never be sure that your hindu kush has ever been near a mountain! You don't
    say what part of wales you are from but plenty of scope for experimentation! Thai seems to do the trick but seeds were not available at the "shop" locally to me as it is slow growing and so not popular with growers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lucindica For This Useful Post:

foxuk (12-11-12)

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. We've done quite a bit of research since I posted here.

At present we are using a hybrid (Otto) which is advertised as High CBD. This seems the way that things are going, hybridisation to reduce THC while increasing CBD.

Last week there was an article on the BBC site about an Israeli strain which was being promoted as CBD only (No THC). This was achieved by normal breeding methods.... It seems a very short time to me (unless they have found a 'sport') and there are many Israeli experts on genetic modification. Making the desert bloom is a national obsession.

There seems to be a lot of argument about the benefits of CBD with or without THC. Having checked the previous statements of many who are pro THC they seem in the main to be recreational users. BUT there are a considerable number of medical users who regard THC as an essential component for their medication.

The cost of testing is a real problem for 'amateurs' and reliance on subjective information is not always adviseable. Without real scientific tests on the actual content of the medicine used information can only be treated with caution

The best advice we were given was to select a 'dosage' by titration, i.e. taking a small amount and increasing by very small amounts until benefit is obtained.

The result is that a strain advertised as high CBD works for us. Whether it is as high CBD and low THC as we assume..... we have no idea. Whether it is the CBD or a combination of CBD and THC OR even just the small dosage of THC that is helping we do not know.

The only thing that we do know without doubt is that it works for us.

Fox

WanderinBloke Guest

In the world of MedicalMJ, Rick Simpson is a name you might've heard mentioned. He's credited with raising modern day awareness of the curative properties of Hemp Oil.

During reading his info Ive found that he recommends a high THC plant to start with (20%+). Then, during decarboxylation, the THC-A is converted to THC. This conversion, I gather, reaches it's peak when the decarb is about 70% done. The conversion continues after this point but during the last 30% of the process it's now THC converting to CBD.

No idea if starting with a high CBD plant would be more beneficial, but for now I'll stick with Simpson's ideas and method, because I know it works.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,612 Times

doesnt thc make cbd with the oil sticky stuff resulting to be cbn?
    1st. Paradise - Opium -Complete-

WanderinBloke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C21H30O2 View Post
    doesnt thc make cbd with the oil sticky stuff resulting to be cbn?
    could be! my knowledge is a little loose when it comes to all the various cbd, cbn etc etc

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,794 Times

Hillbilly is known for his high CBD strains,hopefully he will chime in.I know he has eperience with the harlequin,thats what they were talking about on weed wars,I watched the whole series ,it was very good.
    My first Stealthbox Grow: White Widow and mystery strain free seeds https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ry-first-Diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...WWxVortex-Comp

Grow #2 HashPassion x LoveTrain,POGK, and OrangeHaze StealthBox CFLs:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069151587

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 420Boss For This Useful Post:

Talpa Guest

Hi Fox,

Have you tried looking on the CBD Crews website. Google them. They have 5/6 strains that are High CBD (4% or more is considered high) and they have been bred like this and are consistent.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Talpa For This Useful Post:

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by WanderinBloke View Post
    could be! my knowledge is a little loose when it comes to all the various cbd, cbn etc etc
    You and me both mate.

There's over 60 different compounds in Cannabis but only a handful have been researched and some are even still 'unknown'.

I'm sure in another 10 or 20 years everything we think we know about Cannabis and how it affects our mind/body will be proven to be wrong.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,612 Times

if you wait to harvest your plant longer you end up with a couach lock amber trics full full of cbd which produces that sticky oily thing that makes cbn? is my understanding lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast