Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: THC v CBD (Weed Wars)

WanderinBloke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by C21H30O2 View Post
    if you wait to harvest your plant longer you end up with a couach lock amber trics full full of cbd which produces that sticky oily thing that makes cbn? is my understanding lol
    I know that leaving trics to go amber gives more of the couchlock effect, and I guess that it's the cbd/cbn that does that? but the oil is sticky whether it's rich in thc, cbd, whatever. If you stop the decarboxylation at 70% youll still have a sticky oil, just one that doesnt have as much of the other cannabinoids in it, which is prob better for just getting stoned =)

Talpa Guest

CBD is as potent during mid flower as it is at the end.

Thanks

This really demonstrates the problems of dealing with a medicine which brewers and tobacco companies have made illegal.

With the miriad of active ingredients in cannabis there will probably be variations on efficacy which are symptom dependent.

We (personally) are dealing with neuropathic pain, spaciticity, arthritis and the results of numerous injuries and even experimental surgery. The effects will (possibly) be different for someone dealing with PMT, let alone the effects of mental health problems.

What is important is that many of us have found a strain, method of medicating, time of harvest etc, etc. etc. that works for us. Finding the suitable medication is the problem. After over a year we are still searching for something better than Otto ground to powder in a vapouriser at about 375F (IF the setting is accurate - seems a bit high but no noticeable signs of burning or harshness). For both of us this works for joint and muscle pain, spasticity, neuropathic pain and even migraine. For both of us the dosage used is VERY small but effective when used in conjunction with morphine, codeine, paracetemol and baclophen - that's for us both not all for one (herself takes all of those....).

Fox

P.S. My first post was last year........ all these answers today...... weird or what? Euromillions here we come.......!

WanderinBloke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Talpa View Post
    CBD is as potent during mid flower as it is at the end.
    If that's the case there has to be something else changing. Any idea what the chemical conversion is that changes the smoke from 'high' to 'stone'? (cloudy trics to amber trics)

Hillbilly Guest

My net has been out I started to write what is below when it went out.

THC and CBD are two Different Genes, CBN is from THC degenerating, and is IMO what makes a Strain Couch-lock with more Amber. CBD is a incomplete Dom. Gene so you only need one gene for the plant to have a high CBD % but with two genes it will be "pure" CBD like in the Israeli Strain. CBD is the best over all med for my asthma and really helps with my pain too. I grew out the Otto and made a cross with it and Harlequin I also crossed the Harlequin with Vortex and will be doing some more breeding this winter F3's and maybe a back cross to the Harlequin. Otto can be CBD only CBD/THC or only THC from the test I seen. Any strain that test over 4% is thought to be high in CBD. I test my plants in Veg by eating a few small new leafs like a BB size if rolled up or so. I start testing about the time sex shows. If I feel it in the head a lot might be caring a lot of THC, Feel a little in the head but clears up pretty fast and I can think well it's caring a good % CBD and as of yet I haven't ate a 100% CBD but think that wont be much longer till I find one or more that are, but should more feeling it in the body opening my lungs so I can breath and not feeling much if any head. CBD like THC been in the Cannabis plants a long time it's not a GMO, but was bred out of the High THC strains as most people wanted the Head high IMO so now as we learn it will get bred more and more learned about it and the other compounds in Cannabis. * Tested a male today that I think has the highest CBD to THC % I ever tested, felt some front head but my mind was 97% + clear and just have to say different then I felt before as to THC hit me before. Really had my longs feeling good!!!

You can all so look up http://projectcbd.org/

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

foxuk (15-11-12), Winstun (14-11-12)

Thanks

you are absolutely right about 60 compounds , but as soon as you burn it you lose most of them , i have a funny feeling we are missing the easiest and obvious solution.......just juice the plant fresh and drink it....simple , you will have to add somethink nice tasting to it though. I know all the rage is about decarboxy this and that , but i got a tell you that the most incredible story i saw on line was a girl who was on 40 pills a day and had SO many serious conditions including being sterile and after she started drink pure juice she is 100% healthy and has had children , and there is the science to back it up. The only downside is you need to grow alot of plants on a rotation because she uses half a plant a day, leaves that is. All i know for sure is we will in time find the key , and then we will be able to hand pick the right weed for the right illness.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to eelman1102 For This Useful Post:

Stirruphead (23-07-13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2