Thread: How to dry your weed...

Thanks

Default How to dry your weed...

Hey people,

Here is some advice on how to dry your plant when you’re ready to harvest:

- Start by cutting of the big leaves, any leaves witch contain thc you can leave on. ( these can be used for baking a space cake )
    - Then cut off the plants a few inches from the ground.
    - Hang the plants upside down and leave them to dry for about 7 to 9/1 days.
    - The ideal temperature is around 18 to 20 degrees, with a low humidity.
    - It is very important that the drying room is TOTALLY dark!

Never try to fast-dry your weed the only thing you will achieve is that the taste and smell will drastically decrease! Be patient and you will be rewarded..

Peace from Dr. Canna

p.s: after the weed is dry only 20% of the original amount will be left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drying.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	2238  

Thanks

yh great post mate
    newbie growers will be suprised tha this is one of the most important things for a nice smoke

Thanks

I have other advice for drying your weed. Once cut wrap it in newspaper and hang it over a radiator in your house, that is in the winter when the heating is on. During the summer moths, again wrap your weed in news paper then place in a busicuit tin in the sun, I paint the tins black and drill holes in the lids. Both these methords take a couple of weeks and produce an excellent smoke.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captainzep View Post
    I have other advice for drying your weed. Once cut wrap it in newspaper and hang it over a radiator in your house, that is in the winter when the heating is on. During the summer moths, again wrap your weed in news paper then place in a busicuit tin in the sun, I paint the tins black and drill holes in the lids. Both these methords take a couple of weeks and produce an excellent smoke.
    Sorry but i would not advise this m8 the news paper was the 1st thing i noticed . If you use news paper the ink will come off on to your buds and thats what ya,ll end up smoking .

And the radiator will dry the buds a lil to fast and the buds ya put all your effort into growing will probily tast like hay. Slowly is the Key

I destroyed my 1st few crops not drying right and rushing its what equals the good stuff from the bad when did right .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheLandOfGrit View Post
    Sorry but i would not advise this m8 the news paper was the 1st thing i noticed . If you use news paper the ink will come off on to your buds and thats what ya,ll end up smoking .

And the radiator will dry the buds a lil to fast and the buds ya put all your effort into growing will probily tast like hay. Slowly is the Key

I destroyed my 1st few crops not drying right and rushing its what equals the good stuff from the bad when did right .
    Agree mate, I can`t see the rapid drying to be helpful, I find 10 days in my dark airing cupboard upside down does the trick!

Thanks

cheers for this post, didnt realise drying was such an important part of growing, could of ruined my grow

Thanks

hi folks when i cropped my first plant i stripped all the leaves from the bud and broke the buds up a bit then placed them in an open shoe box on top of a wardrobe beside an open window(shoe box being level with the window) and left it there for 24 hours.when i smoked it it tasted and smelt beautiful and didnt seem harsh at all.although i cant say how it would have been if it was slow dryed but i will be using this method again when i need to quick dry some to keep me goin.

Thanks

i wouldnt be doing that with any more than a gram or two, out of desperation.. it takes at least a week or so to get rid of that horrible green chlorophyll taste and smell.

why take months growing good shit, then rushing the end, some may say "most important" process?

properly dried and cured bud tastes, smells and smokes better.

Thanks

When i dried my last harvest i put the buds into a cardboard office file box lined with some white paper. This was placed on top of a shelf. After about 1 week the bud was nice and dry and smelt lovely. I had fast dried a bud to try by putting it in the airing cupboard for a few hors. It smoked fine, but it smelt and tasted like grass cutting