Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Security Issues for Novice Growers

Icon Guest

This is another bit of advice for 1 or 2 growers out there that have done a few grows now.....

Take a good look around your growing gear and just imagine how much stuff you have that your no longer using but you have kept it any way
    Im thinking 2 big 250CFLs that you replaced with a 600HPS instead and the old nutes that you wernt keen on so bought some different ones etc etc
    You will soon realise that if the Police come in they will see a different picture to you so please after every grow have a clear out, this game is not for Hoarders.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

boof_the_dog (10-10-13), greenthumb123 (26-09-12), Haylo (12-01-13), jonboy (17-04-13), My Tent Or Yours (27-02-14), needsmust (24-11-12), snugliffer (22-01-14), tlh2496 (08-03-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,305 Times

Fine thread Icon, filled with some excellent advice for new guys.
    Having been on the recieving end of "the knock", I can vouch for all the advice of not having your stash at home, not hoarding kit etc. Plod goes through everything, even the clothes in your wardrobe, looking for cash in jacket pockets, looking for smoking paraphenalia, keys not belonging to the house, computers! There is nowhere they wont stick their truffle loving snouts, so be warned.

I would like to stress to any new growers who read this far into this thread, these warnings are meant to put you off but we know they wont. Remember we have all been where you are now and we took the plunge. I see it as every experienced growers job to give clear warnings of the risks to every new grower. If only so you can plan not to be caught. It seems I was sloppy and let my cf stop working. Being in the groom for a long time day after day numbs your sense of smell. Someone commented once about 2 weeks before the bust but I said I had been smoking.
    I should have listened more clearly to what I was being told.
    Lesson learned but I still dont know the cost of it, let that be a warning to stay safe.

Good job Icon.
    W
    Any suggestions are opinion only. I get some right, I get some wrong but I always try to help.

How I set up my space?
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133241
    Woody's cloning method
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069133290
    Woody's germinating guide
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069199806

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Woody J For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (18-01-12), BabyBud (18-01-12), budboxbilly (17-01-12), Ged Sanders (03-01-14), j'boy (24-10-12), mrsmokeitall (20-06-12), My Tent Or Yours (11-02-14), Pc Plum `147` (27-12-12), Strider (17-01-12), tlh2496 (24-09-12), turnkey (31-12-14)

sqydro Guest

And whatever u do, do not have they little bags u buy/take weed out with u in you know the ones? Dont have a stash of them or scales in ur house at all no manner of excuses will get u out of it i used to keep a set when i wasnt growing to weigh my chinky weed crap to see how much it would loose overnight, got rid when id start growing again, they will be looking to do u with cuktivating with intent no matter what cos it looks better for them gettin a bust not for percy, so basicly think like a copper, if u have money lying around or anything some drug dealer would ur goin to get it all took off u!

My mates been caught growing and they took everything out his house watches the lot til he could proove how he paid for them etc, scumbags, if u need to weigh ur weed do it and jar it and get rid of ur scales and leave it to cure away from house as stated, best advice here is tell no one, jelousy will get you done be4 smell will lol loose lips sink ships as they say!

Nice thread icon mate will help a few, and read te electrical safety 101 on here, i nearly blew my groom up before! I have also reduced my numbers to 4 plants, grow big trees less numbers, and fun good luck growers!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sqydro For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (11-02-14), snugliffer (22-01-14)

Thanks

Nice thread just wondered on average how long does a carbon filter last before it needs replacing?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris123 For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (11-02-14)

Icon Guest

Its difficult to say Chris it really does depend exactly how often your working it and the humidity etc etc
    If you have a decent Rhino I would say between 18 and 30 months
    poor quality ones just start bad and get worse not much more can be said with those. The secret is to have a good while away from the house in fresh air and no spliff then go home and see how it Smells

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Chris123 (18-01-12), My Tent Or Yours (11-02-14), snugliffer (22-01-14), tlh2496 (24-09-12)

sqydro Guest

I bought a budget one be4 never again as well shelling out A extra £50 or so itl last 2ce as long and do double the job of one cheaper filter! Best tool in ur groom!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sqydro For This Useful Post:

Chris123 (18-01-12), Pc Plum `147` (27-12-12)

Thanks

Good thread - definitely worth a read. Mostly common sense but nice to be reminded - thanks!

Since being on here I learnt so much good stuff.
    I do wonder though (what with IP address etc) that unless you're hiding behind half a dozen proxies, how safe is it to actually post of a forum like this?

How much notice do you think plod takes of forums like these?

Am I being paranoid!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kotcit For This Useful Post:

King Chong (08-09-12), My Tent Or Yours (11-02-14), sharktooth (18-01-12)

Thanks

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sharktooth For This Useful Post:

King Chong (08-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tictok View Post
    I do wonder though (what with IP address etc) that unless you're hiding behind half a dozen proxies, how safe is it to actually post of a forum like this?
    Probably pretty safe.

It's likely that your IP address is recorded against every post you make, but it would take law-enforcement and warrants to seize that data. It could happen, but it probably won't.

The rest is up to you. All the usual stuff like don't post your location, be careful with personal information, make sure your photographs don't contain anything that gives you away. That sort of thing.

Am I being paranoid!
    Maybe. Maybe not. I make sure my real IP address doesn't appear here though.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (11-02-14), Pc Plum `147` (27-12-12), tlh2496 (24-09-12), turnkey (31-12-14)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,245 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tictok View Post

How much notice do you think plod takes of forums like these?

Am I being paranoid!

I hate saying this as one day I know it will come back and bite me but I have been on this forum for nearly 4 years posting diaries. I was also a member on another forum for at least 6 months before joining this site. I think I spent roughly 3 years on the other site before I left and again I was posting diaries. I've never been caught. As has been said make sure you watch what you post and what you include in pictures. You'll be surprised what people do put without thinking about it.
    'there was a young man named jobby,
    who haboured an illicit hobby,
    with renknowned growing fame,
    he put our plants to shame,
    that bright young man named jobby'

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jobby2812 For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (11-02-14)

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast