Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: xbox 360 ring of death on friday the 13th

Thanks

Darknight knows his 360 shit, I've successfully repaired three RROD episodes as well, one is still going after 2 1/2 years. The important bit for me was getting the spacing of the heat sinks etc right as I did x clamp replacements on them all.
    Only play my PS3 now though to be fair due to the ban hammer whacking my 360 ages ago
    Let's get it on!

Thanks

Rrod was what.sent me to ps3

Thanks

Get it going again and trade it in against a new one at game, I got £80 trade in so bought an elite crafty but hey ho

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Magic Plant For This Useful Post:

blue cheese (15-01-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,327 Times

i like your style magic plant lol sounds gd. after it fixed itself my xbox was hit with it again last night but ive just turned it on there to see if it will work and it is lol

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,978 Times

its not just poor thermal paste that causes the 3 rings of death, its poor solder contact - for some reason the solder cracks between the cpu/gpu and there is some kinda "solder reflow" that solves this problem..
    fingers crossed the 4 red lights are nothing to worry about

Thanks

i have just got three again it works if u leave it for ages then u turn it off and bk on and the 3 red lights cum on

Thanks

Yes, it will continue to happen too.
    Once it's at that state then it will only get worse until it packs up altogether and then you won't be able to repair it at all.
    The best thing to do is just follow my instructions and it should sort it.

Like some of you guys, I moved to the PS3 as I actually enjoy turning it on to play a game over the Xbox which you always have that 'will it give up on me' thought in the background.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DKD For This Useful Post:

blue cheese (15-01-12)

Thanks

thanks darknight i will try and get the kit for it a.s.a.p or i think i might make the move to ps3 aswell lol

Thanks

i thought mine had died on me too unil i checked all leads and the hdmi cable had come loose and showed me the red lights lol i was once a ps3 owner and it absolutely destroys the xbox imho, but after 4 years of constant abuse i got a yellow light of death so decided to switch to xbox...regreting it a little bit but once i get on forza i forget about anything else
    Who you trin to get crazy with ese? dont you know Im loco?

Thanks

just traded my x box 360 in for a PS3 for my lad, alot better mate, more games ,better graphics and free net play

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast