Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Still smell with carbon filter

Thanks

Default Still smell with carbon filter

I have a 6inch rhino pro carbon filter with a 6 inch ruck fan in a dr150cm tent with 6 blue cheese, but I'm still getting a smell from the end of the extract. Its not massive but enough to notice, is this right.? It's brand new.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,107 Times

i don't get any smell through mine buddy

Thanks

Its strange as its coming out the duct. If it was just lingering around the tent then it would be an easy fix. I would imagine all the ratings with the fan and filter will be all good as you have decent gear and not cheap shit. I have grown blue cheese a lot and although it stinks its nothing that the filter cant control. Is they any leaks in the duct between the fan and filter ? or were you have clipped or taped the duct to the filter or fan ? If the rating on the fan and filter aint right you would get this prob but again i cant see it with the gear you have

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,068 Times

would be my guess a leak in the system that filter should handle it with ease. peace

Thanks

have you got negative presure in ur temp?, what are your temps like iv noticed that sometimes when ur temps rise the smells worse also if ur humidity is high it affects the peformance of ur filter

Thanks

I have a passive intake. Temps don't get over 28 an humidity is around 40. I'll check the ducting isn't loose. I use a SMS temp fan controller so when lights are off an oil rad kicks in the fan slows which might not give a massive negative pressure.
    The filter was originally for a ruck 6inch high powered fan,but that was too powerfull so got some advice from grow shop an bought the lower powered ruck 6inch. So can't see that being the problem.

Thanks

thats the prob ill advice from grow shop if the fan was 150lL and filter was same then lowering the fan to a 150 a is your prob its not rated for said filter its not pulling anough air or pushing dipending on way you have it set?
    simples!!

Thanks

I thought that but I'm sure I've read a few times on here an it's a well known shop that said, it's ok to use a lower powered fan with the filter, but you can't use a more powerfull one

Thanks

Just smelt the end of the extraction ducting an there's no smell but the garage I vent the outtake smells a bit. Maybe it's cost he SMS fan controller slows the fan down on lights off that there isn't loads of neg pressure an smell leaks out.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

If the humidity gets too high it can ruin your CF.

If the fan is too powerfull it will draw the air through the filter too quickly for the carbon to absorb the smell.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast