Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Still smell with carbon filter

Thanks

As Mr_Bimble said, the higher the speed of the fan the less able the CF can clean the air.
    It is also the same when it comes to humidity.
    The higher that gets the less able the CF will do its job.
    That being said though, a CF should still be able to clean the air even if the humidity is at 80%.

I would suggest turning the fan down slightly at all times.
    I've never heard of a CF not being able to do its job when the fans been turned down but I have heard of it happening when the fan is a higher rating than the filter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darknightd View Post
    As Mr_Bimble said, the higher the speed of the fan the less able the CF can clean the air.
    It is also the same when it comes to humidity.
    The higher that gets the less able the CF will do its job.
    That being said though, a CF should still be able to clean the air even if the humidity is at 80%.

I would suggest turning the fan down slightly at all times.
    I've never heard of a CF not being able to do its job when the fans been turned down but I have heard of it happening when the fan is a higher rating than the filter.
    Very Good Advise!!!

From experience I have learn't that smaller filters, even on a cupboard grow don't last too long, 2 -3 grows maybe more, I tend to try get biggest filter affordable & as said above run fans slightly slower where possible, that way your guaranteed it will eradicate the smell & it will last allot longer too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sandbag500 For This Useful Post:

Humph (11-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

Correct - I've got a 4" prima filter (from kitbag) and its working fine at low speed during flowering but I do get some leakage when the fan is on full speed (nothing ONA PRO won't cover up).

This filter is on its third grow, the first two were fine at full speed so I suspect its reached its end of life - I might try using it for my next grow during the vegging stage to see if I can squeeze a bit more out of it but I wouldn't trust it for another flowering cycle.

I've got a fan controller so the fan run slower if the temp in the tent is < 21 (lights on = 24, lights off = 20).

My humidity is around 25-40% - what happens if the humidity gets too high is that the carbon particles clump together reducing the surface area to absorb the smell - too damp and it can actually ruin it completely.
    Last edited by Mr_Bimble; 17-01-12 at 12:16 AM.

Thanks

Default rhino pro filters are shiitt

Quote Originally Posted by tommy2socks View Post
    I have a 6inch rhino pro carbon filter with a 6 inch ruck fan in a dr150cm tent with 6 blue cheese, but I'm still getting a smell from the end of the extract. Its not massive but enough to notice, is this right.? It's brand new.
    hi. I joined just to let you all know rhino pro filters are absolutely shit. I have the 6inch stubby one. Smelt from day 1. Thinking it was user error (after 6 months and had a few high humidity days) I purchased the larger model. 760 cfm 600mm long. I was assured by my shop it would do the job and if not I could return. I can tell you that at 500cfm it removes smell at around 80percent max. I dropped the cfms to 250 and it still smells like a bitch. These units have to be nothing less than 100percent. Please dont buy.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mike hunt View Post
    hi. I joined just to let you all know rhino pro filters are absolutely shit. I have the 6inch stubby one. Smelt from day 1. Thinking it was user error (after 6 months and had a few high humidity days) I purchased the larger model. 760 cfm 600mm long. I was assured by my shop it would do the job and if not I could return. I can tell you that at 500cfm it removes smell at around 80percent max. I dropped the cfms to 250 and it still smells like a bitch. These units have to be nothing less than 100percent. Please dont buy.
    That sounds like it was your problem All carbon filters will fail to do their job if the humidity of the air passing through them is too high
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Btw. This is one pass venting which is 95percent of wjat people do. If co2 in a sealed room with the filter cycling it may do the job. But for one pass venting its absolute garbage. I used gorrila tape and heavy duty ties torqued with a pair of pliars at max strength to double make sure a seal on the filter. Its completely air tight. Buyer beware!

Thanks

Hi bro, I have nothing to gain by posting here. Please read again, I used a brand new filter @ rh 51percent 21c and it still smells. Buyer beware is the only reason I post. Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

this thread 5years old. rhino pro not let me down once yet...
    what filter did you go for in the end mike?

Thanks

Buy a rhino pro. 1 pass it in a flower tent. Put your nose at the exhaust. I guarantee 100percent it will smell like fuck ty and goodbye )

Thanks

I haven't found an alternative as yet. But all im doing is letting you and others know that these filters are garbage. Nothing less than 100 percent is acceptable for stealth. This filter will get you busted absolutely no question about it. Im not sure where or how u are venting to but I assure you this thing is max 80percent. I have a 4inch, 5inch, 6inch stubby and a 6inch large all are 1 pass max 80percent. Thats 20 percent smell you are venting. Think about it bro x

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast