Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yellow leaves in flowering

Thanks

I don't wish to get into a debate about the watering frequency of coco or disagree with anyone, but I've been growing in coco for around 7 years, never grown in anything else and like yourself I water every 2-3 days when using big pots, more often in smaller pots. Some people water little and often, (drip feeders for instance) personally I prefer to flood my plants and give them a couple of days to use up the solution then flood again. Its all about personal choice so long as you dont let them dry out completely, there's no right and wrong imo.

I still believe your problems come from lack of N which is why your fan leaves are yellowing early in flower and continue to do so throughout the grow, eventually dying and falling off. Very difficult to tell from those pics as they're mature buds, and should be yellowing at this stage. Do you have any pics from earlier in the grow when the trouble started? Would make a diagnosis much simpler for anyone trying to help.

Thanks

No earlier pics unfortunatly. Illearth67 - I wasn't trying to say that I know better........just that I thought that as the soil was remaining damp then I thought that they weren't over fed. If that could be the case, I'll certainly give feeding every day a go next time round, thanks for the suggestion. I didn't think I'd get nute burn with a 2.0 max EC but I'll stick to 1.6 next time then...............it's all a learning curve! Thanks for the advice all.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times

I've been having very similar. Perfect through veg, into a few weeks flowering and bam, loads of yellowing spreading fast.

Judging from the way its appeared to happen in my place and my mates in mainly the intensest light parts of the room, and after going through all sorts of nutes trials and what not, I reckon for me it could be as simple as bleaching due to light being too close. Ignore the heat stress side of things, I reckon you can have bleaching without heat stress, and this time I'm trialing putting my lights up a bit.

You mention the difference between yours and your mates is the fact he has a cooltube type light and so there is a pane of glass between the light and plants.

Could potentially just be a little too close mate, not a definite but a thought to consider, espec given your mates is the same bar the reflector.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Hi m8. I'm feeding coco everyday like illearth says until I get run off & I'm also 2 weeks into flower with no ill effects touch wood, in my signature if you want to have a butchers. just my 2pennys

5. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

campuff (10-07-12)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2