Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yellow leaves in flowering

Thanks

Default Yellow leaves in flowering

Hi all. I've got a problem and it's happened exactly the same on my last 3 cycles. Always the same - fine through vegging, nice green colour throughout. Around 2 weeks into flowering I start to get yellowing leaves, spreading througout the whole plant which progressively gets worse, with a lot of leaves going crispy brown, curling up and dropping off. Towards the end of flowering the vast majority of leaves are yellow. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Coco 11 litre pots with clay pebbles
    Canna coco nutes - ph.6.0
    6 plants in a Budbox 1.2x1.2m tent, 6inch exhaust, 5 inch intake
    Feed plants every 3 days
    600w HPS

A friend of mine is growing the same strain and at the same stage has No yellowing leaves and much denser buds.

Pics on the way........ they are around 8 weeks flower. I'd like to avoid this next cycle! Thanks!

Thanks

is your friend growing in an identical manner? same medium, same lights, same feed? what is he doing that may be different to your process?
    "One must try to be a good citizen, Sir. It's ... our Heritage." (Young Gaoler to Captain Starlight, a bushranger in colonial times.) what a sheep the Gaoler was. how about YOU?

Thanks

Oh E.C 1.8-2.0 max
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100SSCAM 001.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	89887   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100SSCAM 006.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	89888   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100SSCAM 007.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	89889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100SSCAM 008.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	89890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100SSCAM 009.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	89891  

Thanks

Same except he's using perlite rather than coco and he's using a different reflector with a glass cover (Cant see those making any difference!)

Thanks

Difficult to diagnose without pictures but it sounds like nitrogen deficiency which can sometimes happen if you start to use bloom nutrients when you switch to 12/12. If you continue to feed with grow nutes until they've stopped stretching (around 2 weeks) you should find they remain green until you begin to flush.

Having yellow leaves at the very end of your grow is a good thing tbh, means your flush is working and the plant has used up all its nitrogen, which should make for a smoother /tastier smoke. Hope you get green leaves for longer next grow

Mrs D

Thanks

We must have been posting at the same time, now I see the pics there looks to be nothing wrong except I can't sample those fine buds lol. Yellowing leaves from 2 weeks flowering is too soon but at the end of a grow its just fine. As I suggested b4 keep up the N for the first couple of weeks flowering and they shouldnt start to yellow so soon. Enjoy your smoke

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,794 Times

Quote Originally Posted by big_joe View Post
    Hi all. I've got a problem and it's happened exactly the same on my last 3 cycles. Always the same - fine through vegging, nice green colour throughout. Around 2 weeks into flowering I start to get yellowing leaves, spreading througout the whole plant which progressively gets worse, with a lot of leaves going crispy brown, curling up and dropping off. Towards the end of flowering the vast majority of leaves are yellow. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Coco 11 litre pots with clay pebbles
    Canna coco nutes - ph.6.0
    6 plants in a Budbox 1.2x1.2m tent, 6inch exhaust, 5 inch intake
    Feed plants every 3 days
    600w HPS

A friend of mine is growing the same strain and at the same stage has No yellowing leaves and much denser buds.

Pics on the way........ they are around 8 weeks flower. I'd like to avoid this next cycle! Thanks!
    You are massively under feeding your plants m8. coco plants need fed every day especially in flower so do that from now on until the final flush. The leaf damage is all deficiencies.
    “The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.”

Winston Churchill

Thanks

I don't think they are under fed - I'm giving them 2 litres every 2-3 days, the coco soil remains damp untill they are fed again and they show no signs of drooping in the mean time. To be honest the pictures make the plants look better than they are, I plucked off and picked off the floor a big pile of dead bone dry curled up leaves. Though the bud DOES look unnaffected thank feck, but I haven't noticed any real bud development in the last couple of weeks. I generally switch to flower feed after 1 week of 12/12 so I'll try keeping it up for the first 2 weeks next time round. They haven't started flush yet but will in the next couple of days.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,794 Times

Quote Originally Posted by big_joe View Post
    I don't think they are under fed - I'm giving them 2 litres every 2-3 days, the coco soil remains damp untill they are fed again and they show no signs of drooping in the mean time. To be honest the pictures make the plants look better than they are, I plucked off and picked off the floor a big pile of dead bone dry curled up leaves. Though the bud DOES look unnaffected thank feck, but I haven't noticed any real bud development in the last couple of weeks. I generally switch to flower feed after 1 week of 12/12 so I'll try keeping it up for the first 2 weeks next time round. They haven't started flush yet but will in the next couple of days.
    "

There's an old saying "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink." I'm not trying to be rude but for the last time you're buds aren't growing cos they're not getting enough nutes. The dampness of the coco is irrelevant it's the amount of feed that matters and the plants will use that every day cos coco doesn't store nutes like soil does.
    I'm an experienced and successful coco grower as any one who knows me here will tell you so take it or leave it I won't be back on the thread but good luck anyway.

Thanks

If I was you mate I would be taking illearths' advice as though the plants themselves were telling you what's wrong.

I would also say that your EC is too high.
    Judging on the amount of nute burn you have, which is evidenced on the leaf tips, I would reduce the amount of nutrients in the mix so your EC reads between 1.4 - 1.6 max but feed more often than you are as per illearths advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast