Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bat guano INSTEAD OF bloom feed?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Question Bat guano INSTEAD OF bloom feed?

As per title.. does anyone here have experience of using just guano without bloom nutes?

Is this even possible? I know the npk is perfect but I cannot seem to find anyone who says that it's a complete feed.. so if it isn't complete.. does anyone know which nutrients it lacks?

I'd like to try and use it in place of biobizz bloom, but NOT if there are going to be potential problems to lookout for.

Thanks folks.

I am the light of this forum and I am its mean twisted soul.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,044 Times

I normally do a mix of bat guana and soil, i have often left just one plant alone no nutes at all the yield is down 25% ish but they looked healthy to me i have only done 2 or 3 but its better than none
    Take it easy out there
    mh vs hps lil rasta's experiment https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069367328
    New diary 2gpw is the target https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...will-have-2gpw
    Hydro trees may need help 1.536gpw https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ouble-doughnut
    12/12 ww x vortex for hillbilly https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069070774
    Finished 12/12 soil grow 1.365gpw, Hillbillys mt shasta+ dz's trifle:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069014713
    Finished multi strain soil grow, 1.225gpw: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...rain-1st-diary

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lil rasta For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (23-01-12)

In a cramped cottage in a wood sharing with 6 others.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,453 Times

My Bat Guano is mainly (P) 1-15-2 or something like that, it is all about N/P/K and ratios the plants don't care what it is as long as it is correct, so if you have a balanced BG then it will be fine if it is like mine then it will be lacking in (N) and a lot of (K).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MR Grumpy For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (23-01-12)

MrMojorising Guest

I burnt the crap out of my 5.30 trainwreck with guano tea brewed for 3 days,the trifles loved it but everything else fried.
    strong stuff in teas if you add too much in the early stages.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMojorising For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (23-01-12)

Thanks

Cheers boys.. so you guys reckon it can replace bloom nutes? I've got the vintage guano with an NPK of nk of 3-10-2 so I reckon it's fine for the main 3 but I can't seem to find any data telling me what the micro nutes are in it. It seems to be pretty packed.. but it never seems to say that it's 'complete', so I'm concerned it won't fully replace bloom nutes..

In a cramped cottage in a wood sharing with 6 others.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,453 Times

As Mojo said it can be pretty hot, my experience of Trifle is you can't feed her enough the reason it wouldn't replace a bloom nute is the (K) aspect towards the end of flowering they need it along with the (P) if you combined it with some Blackstrap Molasses as a tea might get a bit closer, being based as crap then I'd imagine it would have tons of trace elements though, I did try BG and Molasses as a boost to replace a PK 13/14 but tbh found adding the PK 13/14 works better probably because it is available to the plant straight away where as the BG takes time to break down and become available, I'd say if you wanted to incorporate the benefits of Bat Guano use Plagron Batmix and bloom nutes instead.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR Grumpy For This Useful Post:

Famlay (09-01-13), Tabbatha (27-01-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,044 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Tabba View Post
    Cheers boys.. so you guys reckon it can replace bloom nutes? I've got the vintage guano with an NPK of nk of 3-10-2 so I reckon it's fine for the main 3 but I can't seem to find any data telling me what the micro nutes are in it. It seems to be pretty packed.. but it never seems to say that it's 'complete', so I'm concerned it won't fully replace bloom nutes..

i would use it as a complete nute as it has no micro nutes copper iron calcium you need these unless the soil is good it wont have them. i tend to find cover base of pot yay far the put in 3/4 of the amoiut of gauna for that pot the n add soil to 2/3 full then mix with hand the dig small hole and put the rest in then cover with soil to top put in seed and your away

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lil rasta For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (27-01-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lil rasta View Post
    i would use it as a complete nute as it has no micro nutes copper iron calcium you need these unless the soil is good it wont have them.
    Should that say "I would not.."? I'm guessing so, and it would make sense.

No probs.. using it with a small dose of bloom nutes should solve the micro defs problem.. but I grow in batmix and that's never shown a def of any micro nutes in mine or others grows that I know of.

Still.. always a first time ain't there

MrMojorising Guest

add sulphate of potash (only a few £ as well) this boosts the K,guano for the P, potash for the K

its a powdered substance so you add it to the water\feed.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrMojorising For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (27-01-12)

Thanks

^^ Not a bad idea that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast