Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PH info and problem solving.

Thanks

dont add lime ever. lime isnt added as new in any old amounts. there is some math to it. its about the C.E.C. each item used in a soil mix each has its own ph level. so once all is added they check how well food is exchanged to the plant...thats cec...cation exchange capacity. and its used to bring up final ph to be slightly acidic...if it isnt., the goal to the mix is to be slight acidic so mainly lime is added to adjust the cec. adding more will throw that out. lime should last for how lomng we grow. average about 4 months. the more we mess up with bad ph and feeds the less life it has as its used more to hold foods and ph.
    only add if your ph wont stay up as it should...but if food is used right to remain up...if you keep feeding to hot it will always keep going down and may think the lime is done. ive never had to add more...i used to when i first started to grow but isnt needed.
    if your a giy that reuses soils then it is advisable to add before next use also add new fungi an enzymes to eat up old crap left over and make it a food

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C.W. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19), _Whisperer (24-01-12)

Thanks

nobody knows what the buffered nutrient solutions means???...its important as i see alot think its something else on here and is causing issues in alot of grows

4. The Following User Says Thank You to C.W. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

Quote Originally Posted by C.W. View Post
    nobody knows what the buffered nutrient solutions means???...its important as i see alot think its something else on here and is causing issues in alot of grows
    Im not shy, and really dont mind being wrong if it helps some one else,Now my definition of buffered refers to what the soil does to the netruents,Somehow if you put your nutrient mix into the soil without correcting its pH to, lets say 6.5 the soil will naturally buffer it to whats acceptable in that particular soil,Man i talk some shat sometimes, Im sure im way off,But hay

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

nice...this is why i ask..its not to insult or make anyone look bad or dum at all...i do have weird ways of teaching...do teachers not stand infront of a class and ask this sort of thing in school?..it isnt to embarass anyone.
    i already know most dont know so its cool.

ok im more reffering to the actual bottle of nutes. we see a label say its ph buffered. and nothing more. your exactly what i see alot here think this buffering means either in the nute or in soils or any mediums.

ok so when we say a nute is ph buffered it means the poss charged elements or minerals in it equal the negative ones so it wont move up and down on you. food would be useless if it wasnt ph buffered so all and i do mean all companies do this. its not a special nute or a better nute. if it isnt then its garbage and wont work right. it willnot self adjust the food in your mix at all. will come somewhat close, but still needs to be ph`d before use.
    the only nute out there that has made claims to no need for ph is the bullshit advanced nutes. ive been pickin that shit aprt and follwing it for a while to learn what they did. i still dont believe him that it dont need any ph and works well in all the diff waters and medium.

anyways a buffered nute solution means equal poss and negative charges so it ballances out and is available to a plant to eat.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C.W. For This Useful Post:

GBK (24-01-12), GEORGE (17-03-19), King Chong (26-08-12), _Whisperer (24-01-12)

Thanks

in the medium when we se it say buffered it also dont mean ph is set and no need to use it. it google buffer...nowhere does it say anything about ph or even foods. it means to slow something or a cushion. so it means to slow a shift or cushion it from movement. means it will slow a ph shift..not stop it or set it. still needs to be ph`d...food will pull ph down and lime or buffering will pull up...when things are good it remains pretty constant...if your ph isnt then your not doing something right

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C.W. For This Useful Post:

GBK (24-01-12), GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

I see,Again it clears things up and my thoughts about soil buffering feeds
    Last edited by GBK; 24-01-12 at 07:37 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

C.W. (24-01-12), GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C.W. View Post
    nice...this is why i ask..its not to insult or make anyone look bad or dum at all...i do have weird ways of teaching...do teachers not stand infront of a class and ask this sort of thing in school?..it isnt to embarass anyone.
    i already know most dont know so its cool.

ok im more reffering to the actual bottle of nutes. we see a label say its ph buffered. and nothing more. your exactly what i see alot here think this buffering means either in the nute or in soils or any mediums.

ok so when we say a nute is ph buffered it means the poss charged elements or minerals in it equal the negative ones so it wont move up and down on you. food would be useless if it wasnt ph buffered so all and i do mean all companies do this. its not a special nute or a better nute. if it isnt then its garbage and wont work right. it willnot self adjust the food in your mix at all. will come somewhat close, but still needs to be ph`d before use.
    the only nute out there that has made claims to no need for ph is the bullshit advanced nutes. ive been pickin that shit aprt and follwing it for a while to learn what they did. i still dont believe him that it dont need any ph and works well in all the diff waters and medium.

anyways a buffered nute solution means equal poss and negative charges so it ballances out and is available to a plant to eat.
    Got me thinking once you had asked the question, and I had given a more laughable answer than some would,Never was any good at school, Give me physical hard graft and I work my tits off, So how does this become relevant information for some one like me CW ?,What do i need to take note from this ? Don't buy advance netruents? Or that what it says on the labels are not always true? What can I learn from this in formation and use to better my growing?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

my god labels may as well not even be on a bottle...lol
    its a mini billboard for advertising is all. its mostly bullshit. all food needs ph. all medium need to be fed with ph`d food. basicly im getting at buffered on anything we read dose not mean its already good for ph. ...means same in soil to. dose not mean its already good ph...no soil is good. nor will it stay there...unless you leave the bag sealed in a corner, then its remains the same. soon as we touch it all thet buffer shit is out he window and means nothing...same with the ph of the soil it claims to have, it did till we used it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C.W. For This Useful Post:

GBK (24-01-12), GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,245 Times

I think C.W. is trying to say that people who read the bottles and see that it says buffered nutes that people think they don't need to pH. Thing is how does the nutes know what your starting pH is and how much to lower or raise it by. Also if your only adding 1ml to 1ltr and it does pH your water to the correct pH then what happens when you up the dose to 2ml or even 3ml. How does the nutes know when to stop even though you have doubled if not tripled the strength of nutes.

Simple answer is it can't. There is no magic nute that knows exactly what pH the water should be even if you add double or triple strength. Everyone's water is different. I have a pH of 7.8 but it's not the same as everyone else on here otherwise there wouldn't have been all these arguments over needing to pH in soil.

Unless I've got this completely wrong.
    'there was a young man named jobby,
    who haboured an illicit hobby,
    with renknowned growing fame,
    he put our plants to shame,
    that bright young man named jobby'

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jobby2812 For This Useful Post:

C.W. (24-01-12), GBK (24-01-12), GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

See what your saying jobby2812,But am i right in thinking that the solution would be to use pH adjusters UP or Down to correct it to the right pH before you feed,Man this gets deep !!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast