Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Drug Sentencing Guidelines

Thanks

I've missed that bit. I shall have to read it all properly.

Thanks

Well I think the Guardian have got it wrong to be honest, I could be wrong like but as far as I can see the only mitigation relating to illness is:

Serious medical conditions requiring urgent, intensive or long-term treatment
    Which doesn't mean using Cannabis for medicinal use

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GrassHopper For This Useful Post:

cocogrower (24-01-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrassHopper View Post
    You would be 'Lesser Role' not Leading Role. You would only be Leading role in a multi-person operation.

I think that was stated by Peter Reynolds on CLEAR, I guess he got that bit wrong. They're not accepting for using cannabis for medical reasons as a mitigation. The mitigation and adjustment in sentence is for those who are ill in general. That's how I see it anyways
    Ah, ok. I assumed Leading Role as you would be 'the' role then failed to read the rest properly Well, that's a weight off then, cheers.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

OK - I've read all the documents on the web page and the one linked here isn't the best one but put in simple terms.

Page 18.

A person growing less than nine plants where there is no evidence of supply (that includes sharing with partner) where you have taken care to keep it away from minors & have no previous drug record should be "lesser role category 4" case so a class-C fine or CS. Even if they said you were a "significant role" then that's more CS and maybe 26 weeks inside (which would probably be suspended).

Also they have set a base-line that each cannabis plant would produce 40g of weed so you could argue each plant is worth only £400 when the magical crop valuation turns up.

However I see a bigger problem back on Page-11.

Possession even if you're the "lesser role" if you have more than 100g of cannabis then you bounced up a step on the penalties and could end up with 26 weeks bird - my last three grows have busted this figure by 3-4 times over on their own...

All the documents are on this page http://sentencingcouncil.judiciary.g...guidelines.htm

This guideline on drug offences applies to all offenders aged 18 and over regardless of the date of their offence and comes into effect from 27 February 2012.

The full version is the best reading matter and the one that lists the responses has some pretty interesting quotes from organisations involved.

But most of all I'm dissapointed so few public members wrote in - 486 and I was two of them, this was a perfect time to get the message accross that drug possession for personal use should not be a criminal offence (like in Portugal) we may not be able to get MP's to change the drug laws but more people should had tried to influence what happens when you get caught.

Anyway - fuck em all, I've just popped some more beens in to soak overnight (less than 9 though, just to be safe).

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Bimble For This Useful Post:

Chilled (26-01-12), cocogrower (24-01-12), Smokeface (26-01-12), sparra (27-01-12), sweetooth67 (24-01-12), teutonic (24-01-12)

Thanks

They say in media that each complaint represents 10-50,000 people... So 500 with the balls = 500,000 - 2,500,000

Growing: Green Poison, NL5 Haze Mist, Original Amnesia, Critical Jack, Exodus Cheese, Power Skunk
    Have Grown: Blue Hash, Could #9, Blueberry, Orange Bud, Super Lemon Haze, Kandy Kush, Speed Devil, Fast Bud, Easy Ryder, White Widow... and loving every minute

Thanks

I think that this is pretty good. I think Mr Bimble has made a really valid point regarding the possession of 100g resulting in prision but in my opinion this document will hopefully be the start of the government refocusing where to police, as when you have a debt of 65% of your gross demestic product (GDP) as the UK does, you need to save money in places. Prisions and policing are two great ones to reduce as they cost a lot!!

Hopefully less small grows will get busted and just let of with a caution, maybe while the law will never change we might see an informal decriminalization? Well thats what I hope anyway!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

I figure may as well leave these here as well as in the other thread...

The information below also covers Production of a Controlled Drug, which is why it contains references to other drugs.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

sog2004 (27-01-12), Vlad the Inhaler (27-01-12)

Friday Guest

Cheers miss.
    Very interesting read - good to know wot the guide line are which they are post to use.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

Also be aware that these only apply to English magistrate & crown courts.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 18,117 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
    I think that this is pretty good. I think Mr Bimble has made a really valid point regarding the possession of 100g resulting in prision but in my opinion this document will hopefully be the start of the government refocusing where to police, as when you have a debt of 65% of your gross demestic product (GDP) as the UK does, you need to save money in places. Prisions and policing are two great ones to reduce as they cost a lot!!

Hopefully less small grows will get busted and just let of with a caution, maybe while the law will never change we might see an informal decriminalization? Well thats what I hope anyway!
    I'm with you on this mate.... I did like the bit about people supplying friends for no profit too. Nothing's gonna really change.... Look at the criminal justice act! That did fook all!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast