Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: these lowriders too small....?

Thanks

Default these lowriders too small....?

Hi all - SWIM has these plants that seeded on 12th Jan and repotted 23rd Jan, pics taken 27th Jan. They are lowrider #2 and have been under a 70w HPS.

I know many would say 70w isn't enough but it is a little test.....question is are they too small now being 2 weeks into growth?

These is a little nute burn which is being sorted out, plus the stalks are too high this is due to an early mistake.......it is simply that other people's grows look bigger by 2 weeks - it is hoped for an early march harvest, but not at this rate!

They are being grown organically in a mixture of Guanobat and compost - plus some micro nutrients every week....any advice or comments welcome!

Thanks

I used to grow under a 70w hps. best i got was 2 ounces. stop giving nutes and just give plain water. ruderalis hybrids don't need lots of nutes.

I grew lowryder 1 when it first came out but haven't gronw the second version. you got any pics?
    ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

This is a common mistake some growers make with auto's,You should Place your jiffy pellet with your germinated seed or small plant directly into 1-2 gallon pots. Alternatively, start in 4-inch peat pots, then place rootbound females into 1-2 gallon pots after sexing (at approximately 17-20 days). This may result in smaller plants than the first method. Grown under a 12 to 24 hour daylight cycle from start to finish. Recommended is 18 hours per day; this can be decreased to 16 after the first month with no loss of yield.
    During the first two weeks of growth, Lowryder should have weekly light feedings of a “grow” type nutrient solution with micronutrients. When plants pass into full flower, they should be started on a “bloom” regime for weeks 4 through 6. Mycorise-type biological amendments (root stimulators) seem to increase growth significantly

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (29-01-12)

Thanks

thanks for the replies......sorry got pics working now!

what do you think?

leavinonajetplane - how many plants did you get 2 ounces off?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

If those are only 2 weeks old they're a good size I'd say. Lowryders are always small anyway.

As you know the end yield will be small if only using 70w.. but as they stand today I think you've done alright fella. I've gorn shitloads of autos lately and mine are that size or smaller after 2 weeks.. but I have them under less light than that for the first 10-14 days.
    I am the light of this forum and I am its mean twisted soul.

Thanks

I would start and finish auto flowers in a 6.5 litre pot.

For how old those plants are I would expect more growth, auto flowers are buggers for getting rootbound.

But hey at least you've learnt a lesson.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to leavinonajetplane For This Useful Post:

GBK (27-01-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

Nice mate,They do look ok for two weeks,Im sure you have,But make sure you have drainage holes in the bottoms of them pots.I grow with 70w hps and have great results,1-2 ounces,But like i say i put my auto's in a minium pot size of 6-7 liters,Some in 18ltrs,The ones in larger pots get stupidly large under 70w

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

Tabbatha (27-01-12)

Thanks

Autos have to ba handled right all through the grow or the yield gets wiped out badly.

You're doing well lifting that with a 70watter, GBK. Top ma.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tabbatha For This Useful Post:

GBK (27-01-12)

Thanks

thanks for the replies and support!

they need to get 30cm high by early march - is that doable growing organically?

to reach the target will tactics such as increasing the distance to the light to make them grow longer work? Will they then bush out?

the reason the stalks are so long is they were originally put in small glasses that were lined with tinfoil so light only came in from on top - that made them grow taller till the foil was removed then they instantly started to bush out.....

GREENBUDDHAKUSH - in the bigger pots how long would you expect to wait till harvest from seed? Is it the same 90 days as advertised by seedbanks?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatman57 View Post
    thanks for the replies and support!

they need to get 30cm high by early march - is that doable growing organically?
    Doable.. but it's not usually the focus to get them to a certain height.. because height doesn;t really determine yield. Have a look at my anesthesias here and you'll see what I mean:

I train those to keep them short (no higher than 6-9"). Why? Because short, bushy plants yield more than tall lanky ones. To get more bud sites the goal is to keep the internode length short and open up as many tops to more light as possible. This means that more bud sites get more light = bigger yield.

to reach the target will tactics such as increasing the distance to the light to make them grow longer work? Will they then bush out?
    Yes. Basically if you raise the light the plants will stretch to try and rech more ofit. That's never desirable, though, as it reduc es (massively) the amount of potential bud sites later on. To all intents and purposes, tall lanky plants always yield less than short bushy ones.
    It's desirable to keep the lights as close as possible so that the plant gets more light = more yield.

the reason the stalks are so long is they were originally put in small glasses that were lined with tinfoil so light only came in from on top - that made them grow taller till the foil was removed then they instantly started to bush out.....
    If you repot them you can bury the stalks again.

GREENBUDDHAKUSH - in the bigger pots how long would you expect to wait till harvest from seed? Is it the same 90 days as advertised by seedbanks?
    The seedbamnks tend to talk a lot of shit. For example.. my buddha autos were finished in 79 days from seed to the chop.. but that was actually 9 days over their claim.. and they could have gone a bit longer.

It really depends on the plant genetics and the grow conditions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast