Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: male flowers in bud?

Thanks

Default male flowers in bud?

Morning, am quite perplexed by this one. About 2 weeks ago noticed one of my blueberries started showing pollen sacks in the bud so decided to quarantine it in the veg tent and finish it quickly in there. Over the next couple of days 2 more hermied. Ironically the 3 biggest plants in the tent.
    I have had them on Ripen for the last week and was planning to chop em this weekend however these yellow single pollen sacks have now opened and what looks like fresh bud growth is growing out of them. Pure white pistils which are easily identifiable as the pistils have started changing colour on the original buds.
    They were flicked on 12/12 on 1/12/11 so if u allow a week that makes em 7 weeks in flower.
    On my remaining 4 "good" ones in the flowering tent i have noticed new bud growth this week as well. Is this normal.
    Heres a few piccies see what u lot think.
    Very strange plants these blueberry so am quite puzzled by it all tbh.
    The pics are not the best but there are definitely pistils coming out of some of the yellow sacks?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h0 (886x1024).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	91596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h1 (1024x767).jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	91597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h2 (850x1024).jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	91598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h4 (957x1024).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	91599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h5 (1024x857).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	91600

Thanks

Yeah I can see some nanas, your plant has hermed. It looks almost ready so I would just pick off any i see until harvest. check internodes on main stems to see if any proper male flowers have formed and droped pollen.

Thanks

On a second look at pics I think I can see a few seeds but not 100% sure.

Thanks

Thanks

well if there aren't I'm due for an eye test i think

Thanks

I can't see any nanas either, maybe they've fallen off with the new growth? Dunno, but those buds look like they could be seeded or maybe they're just swollen calyxes. Give them a squeeze, at 7 weeks flowering any seeds will be almost formed you will be able to feel them, or they'll pop out in your fingers. Blueberry is notorious for producing freaky plants I've seen more freaky plants from blueberry than all other strains put together
    Even a fish knows it won't get caught if it keeps its mouth shut !! What should I do with these used HPS's? Chuck em at people who need to lighten the fuck up

FEW PICS OF MY OLD STUFF
    CURRENT GROW
    COCO BUDDIES

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Doublebong For This Useful Post:

tjf8070 (28-01-12)

Thanks

Yeah Blueberrey lines get freaky like that !

Could have sworn I saw a seed in the second pic roughly right in the middle of the pic? look for calycxs splitting open another sign.

PG Guest

i can't see any nanas either just swollen calyxs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leavinonajetplane View Post
    Yeah Blueberrey lines get freaky like that !

Could have sworn I saw a seed in the second pic roughly right in the middle of the pic? look for calycxs splitting open another sign.
    Difficult to tell isn't it,could be a few seeds there or maybe just bobbly buds, I've had a few strains like that - the last pic bang in the middle about a third down looks very seedlike to me.

Thanks

Right have pulled the top calyxe of the second pic and squeezed it and a seed popped out so yep def hermied but whats puzzling me is on some calyxes they split open show a yellow sack then pistils appear thru it and then it grows a new bud like piccy one. Strange. Am contemplating making hash out of em. Think am gonna grow kalimans cheese exodus next grow or maybe ak48.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jef For This Useful Post:

blazefor20 (28-01-12)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast