Thread: Germinating in rockwool

Thanks

Default Germinating in rockwool

Hiya guys

Just wanted to ask does anyone germinate in just rockwool?

If so, fancy sharing your method.

Managed to do it very successfully once, just trying to repeat the results without slaughtering too many seed.

down the road, first left, 3rd house on the right
    Thanks

hiya mate ive germed in little rockwool blocks, i just stick the seed in about a centimeter or so,i cover them over by pushing the wool stuff over and feed using formulex when they show then 24/0 light, i put them in ma airing cupboard so temp is nice, all normally goes well! oh i pre soak the rockwool in ph balanced luke warm water, thats about all i do. but ive only done about 20or so, the only failures ive had i think were from cubes drying out for a short time, ooops. all the best anyway ,

Thanks

Yes m8 I normaly use rockwool and sow direct into it after overnight soak for the seed. ph adjusted water as sillymonkey said and put in my veg room in a propergator with a towel over it to keep out the light until they show, then the flo tubes are put right on top of the prop to get them as close as posible. After about a week I take the lid off the prop a few times a day for a couple of hours then two days later they go into my drip feeder until roots show through then into 4" cubes then grow on to flowering size. They are fed Formulex at 12cf until they go into 4" cube then hydro a+b at 14cf.

When I feed the seedling/cuttings I water heavily with the formulex leave them to stand for 10 mins then give a gentle squeeze to remove excess nutes/water and allow oxygen to the roots or stem of a cutting. This seems to work for me, any ? give me a call.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to whitewidman For This Useful Post:

dopemonkey123 (29-04-10)

Thanks

cool guys

will have to grab some clonex and formulex