Thread: when to trim and how much?

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Smile Answered: when to trim and how much?

Ive got 2 barneys farm red cherry berry in veg at the mo, they are 3 week old,both 6inch and very bushy,ime just about to top them. My question is when is the best time to trim all the undercarriage,and how much can you trim without causing too much stress to them. They are in coco and under a 400w hps.

This is my 4th grow so still new to it and just after a few tips. Ive never trimmed b4 but wish i had when it came to harvest, what a ballache!!
    many thanks.

2. "Depends on the size of the plants, but usualy the bottom 2 nodes at least will end up spindly and shitty so just whip em off. I trim about a week before flipping, then usually a bit more a week after tey start budding when you can see what is and aint going anywhere.
    You won't necessarily gain much if any, but saves cutting all the shit at the end, I fuckin hate scraggly shit at the the bottom, murder to chop"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,940 Times
    Provided Answers: 13

Depends on the size of the plants, but usualy the bottom 2 nodes at least will end up spindly and shitty so just whip em off. I trim about a week before flipping, then usually a bit more a week after tey start budding when you can see what is and aint going anywhere.
    You won't necessarily gain much if any, but saves cutting all the shit at the end, I fuckin hate scraggly shit at the the bottom, murder to chop

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Up_in_smoke For This Useful Post:

VMAX (03-03-12), yorkshirebushman (03-03-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,463 Times
    Provided Answers: 25

as above,but i trim 2 week into 12/12. i rape the bitches though.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VMAX For This Useful Post:

yorkshirebushman (03-03-12)

jimmi420 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by VMAX View Post
    as above,but i trim 2 week into 12/12. i rape the bitches though.
    Me too , get em raped ,at least the bottom 3rd 2 weeks into bloom , more if you like , im a like man

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

VMAX (03-03-12), yorkshirebushman (04-03-12)