Thread: New to hydro grower

Thanks

Default New to hydro grower

Hi,

I've got 5 plants on the go, one in a DWC bubbler, as an experiement, others in coco like I usually grow. Now, I don't have an ec meter for hydro, and use the dripper for ph.

How often do you need to ph test the res? Everyday?

Temp in res is a little high at 24c, I don't have any mylat to cover it, but have tin foil which I can use shiny side down, i'll test this to see if it helps...

There just seems to be so many variables to take in to consideration, but I just like to keep it as simple as possible, I don't worry about getting to technical, especially as I've only had a couple of coco soil grows, albeit successful, but i'm fearing my hydro experiment maybe going a little too gung ho.

Anyhow, i'm waffling on, if anyone can help me with the question in bold, that'll be just grand.

Thanks

i look at mine every day mate and u need a ec meter really

Icon Guest

Once you know what your doing you can leave tests to once or twice a week but you simply wont do that at 1st because you want to do the best you can so at least once a day may be twice
    buy the ec and ph meters if your going to do it then do it properly else why bother?
    ATB
    Icon

Thanks

as has been said you need the right tools.

how big is the bubbler?, how old are your plants?

ive got a couple of bubblers on the go at the moment which need readjusted every 2 days but my plants and conditions will be at a different stage from yours so more detail would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Icon View Post
    if your going to do it then do it properly else why bother?
    ATB
    Icon
    this!

Thanks

Yeah you guys are right, trip to the hydro shops, i needs a ec meter and aqua canna nutes.

My bubbler plant dopefiend is only 2 weeks old, already roaring ahead of my canna coco plants. Bubbler is 20 liters.

Using a 250W CFL, I have a 400w hps which I am going to use for flowering, although i'm starting to get swayed by what I have seen and read on LED lights. The one I have my eye on though is 90w and about $299!!!!

It's this bad boi http://store.prosourceworldwide.com/...0ufo%2090w.htm

Can't really afford it though, and I prefer the 180w one but that's $500. I'd have to go mug some old ladies for that price, go on a crime rampage.

Thanks

double post