Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a nice bong please.

Thanks

Pre cooler diffuser!! Now your just trying to confuse me lol ....am glad we aint got into vapes yet ...hahahah, seems knives and buckets are redundant these days far to harsh on the lungs!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to billy_bong420 For This Useful Post:

umbongo (15-03-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billy_bong420 View Post
    Pre cooler diffuser!!
    lol soz mate, the diffuser downpipe (as pictured in this thread already) so that there is a diffuser in the pre-cooler and also the main bong. Diffusers have small holes in bottom so the smoke bubbles through the water in smaller bubbles.

Smaller bubbles = increased surface area of bubbles = better cooling of smoke!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chilled For This Useful Post:

Strider (15-03-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

Quote Originally Posted by billy_bong420 View Post
    Pre cooler diffuser!! Now your just trying to confuse me lol ....am glad we aint got into vapes yet ...hahahah, seems knives and buckets are redundant these days far to harsh on the lungs!
    precooler is just another term for ashcatcher precoolers often have their own downstem too, which can ALSO be replaced with a diffuser, and the precooler/ashcatcher itself with likely have its OWN diffusers/percolators built in, again like Mr Buds blue bong thing

i need to nip off this morn but when i get back ill run through some examples of bongs with internal diffusers and percolators, but its basically the same idea
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

billy_bong420 (15-03-12), Uncle Albert (15-03-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,376 Times

Thank to everyone for their input I am now a bit more informed now,I never knew a bong could be so complexed.
    So to cap it off the RooR are over priced I owned one years ago 10 years or so & they have all improved quite a bit.
    Too many choices now!!!

Sour Diesel & Exodus Cheese diary.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...am-Scrogger-UA

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Albert For This Useful Post:

umbongo (15-03-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    well a combination of, you don't need all of them, personally i use US imports, which are leaps and bounds ahead of us in bong diffusers and percolators and make roor.de look foolish

and no disrespect to mr buds bong above, but avoid coloured glass, its poor quality chinex*, proper coloured borosillicate glass is a NIGHTMARE to work with, it all melts at different temps depending on colour, the exception is plain glass with colour work on top, or maybe some of the internals which won't be exposed to heat which you would generally call a 'worked' bong

*unless theres been major advances in glass chemistry in the last few years and no one told me

like im skilled enough to make all sort of pretty colours and shapes using softer sodalime glass like so

but theres no way im skilled enough to do that sort of shit with proper Boroglass, thats a whole new level of skill....which most commercial bongs simply dont have
    Nope mi grail is propa 'Pyrex' borosilicate glass, the perc is Boro Glass to

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr C Budmore View Post
    Nope mi grail is propa 'Pyrex' borosilicate glass, the perc is Boro Glass to
    not wanting to piss on your cornflakes, its a nice bong, but to best of my knowledge, NO US or German (the standard) glass makers make coloured glass boro tubing, at all, Chinex only (which craftsmen piss on), coloured boro glass comes in thin sticks, not tubes, and is a LOT more pricey than clear boro, due to all the COE complexities, also 'Pyrex' is an adopted brand name, not a definitive type of glass, and its meaning varies depending where you are, it is NOT all borosilicate, and I know that for a fact, i had to learn and demonstrate knowledge of this before i was allowed near the stuff in the studio

coloured borosilicate glass has a DRAMATICALLY different coefficient of thermal expansion compared to clear, if you're not convinced go and check a few glassblowers forums, and look for threads asking where to get coloured boro glass tubing, and the answers vary from 'China' 'you don't' & 'lol, noob'

Thanks

is there a bong some one close to having emphasyma can use i love bongs just cant smoke em anymore? sorry cant spell emphasyma either lol serious question though my lungs are shot...
    "Obiwans coco kals first grow" https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...w-kalashnicova

i'd rather a full bottle in front of me
    than a full frontal labotomy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
    is there a bong some one close to having emphasyma can use i love bongs just cant smoke em anymore? sorry cant spell emphasyma either lol serious question though my lungs are shot...
    tricky and also my sympathies, obv the standard advice is 'don't bloody smoke or your lungs will die' so if i was determined, i'd first be looking at vapourizers, which are either standalone OR you get vape attachments for some bongs, im not too clued up on them but verdamper and herborizer are two names for you google, pricey though, you can also get smaller, cheaper 'vapourizer bowls' to fit standard bongs, many makers,

failing that id be going for a small bore 14.5mm bong with def a carbon filter and precooler attached, less crap getting in your lungs with a condition like that the better (I know my glass, but not my medicine unfortunately)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

obiwan (15-03-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

Blaze Glass - Premium Double Spiral Perc Beaker Base Ice Bong - Blue

This Premium beaker base bong from Blaze Glass is a real bargain for the price, with 5mm-thick quality borosilicate glass construction, a stable beaker base, and a double blue glass spiral percolator for smoother, more flavorful smoke that's less harsh on your throat and lungs! Ice notches in the tube will hold a few cubes to cool down your bong hit and a blue glass splash guard keeps water away from the mouthpiece. The slitted diffuser downstem further breaks up your smoke for even more bubbling, and serves as an 18.8mm > 14.5mm bong joint adapter, with a 14.5mm blue glass bowl and keck clip included. The Blaze Glass logo is sandblasted onto the tube.

Its borosillicate glass according to the write up, but that dont bother me anyway im appy with it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Budmore For This Useful Post:

obiwan (15-03-12)

Thanks

jesus they come a long way since i last smoked one lol, do they come with fuel injection and cup holders, i will look at one online , thanks mr budmore havent looked into this for years and i did love a bong, the thread just got me thinking , i just used to cough up a lung every time , it was just too painful to do, this sounds like a smooth cool smoke, thanks again

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast