Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Led users thread

Thanks

Default Led users thread

seeing as there isnt one i can find i thought i would start this up , if anyone has questions , answers, advice , pictures, company reviews/company anything at all about leds here is the spot. happy posting everyone
    Last edited by Blue; 01-12-16 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks

check my sig for my current grow , got the lights from these guys VIPAR: there kicking some serious ass so far check em out let me know what you guys think.
    Last edited by marmalade dreams; 21-03-12 at 12:54 PM. Reason: removed link

Thanks

Before designing my lights I bought and took apart quite a few lights. I only shopped and disassembled the low end of the market since we were designing a small high efficiency 58 watt grow light.

Everything I bought for less than $100 was crap.

Most of what I bought in the $200 - $600 range were just bigger versions of the $100 crap.

Two exceptions were the UFO hydroponics grow light and Kessil LED grow light. These two seemed to be good product.

I won’t mention the junk models because mentioning their name does nothing but promote their brand name.

Thanks

what up the grav , i have to agree with you man alot of shit out there my biggest reccomendation for anyone looking into leds is do your homework! seriously take some time and look at your options and make a decision after you see what is best for you otherwise you might get stuck with crap , look for honest coverage areas as well as power out put and a good warranty is key as well and customer service will come into play at one time or another too.

Thanks

If you are serious about LED lights there is a good review site out there - http://ledgrowlightsreview.org/.
    Thanks, Tom
    Grow-Sun.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thargrav For This Useful Post:

supaflyrob (26-04-12)

Thanks

good review site but it seems nate over there is pretty slack when handing out his grades to companies , not to mention its all just questionnaire that the companies fill out and i bet they get a look at what he writes about the lights before he posts it and decides if they like it ,kinda shitty ...... good site but just that "good" not great or amazing and i dont think all the reviews are based off realtime testing which is kinda shitty too ..... ive always asked myself what is nates angle if he dosent even really take the time to properly review and rate the panels .....who knows probly money in it for him somewhere , like i say not a bad review site but should be taken with a grain of salt in my opinion.

Icon Guest

Perhaps you should check out the T&C before going much further... links to grow shops other then Greens are not allowed for starters. You may be ok for LEDs but just make sure with a Mod or Rags

Also every review you ever read on the internet should be taken with a large pinch of salt especially when it comes to LEDs.

As usual the best reviews are contained here in the LED diaries.

ATB
    Icon

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

Grub (16-04-12), needsmust (17-06-12)

Thanks

word i got the low down already man thanks though , ya it sucks that there cant be someone out there that is unbiased and informed who can run real time tests on all the current panels .... but shit i can see why it would take alot of time not to mention the technology is moving very fast still , and i can see that compensation would obviously be needed for such a person but where does that come into play right? the companies pay them ? or they advertise on there site for money ? i dont know but i would be interested in seeing someone do it. and yes i agree by far the gro journals on sites such as this are the best spot for sure seen alot of angry people in the past but it seems now even the shittier end of things can produce decent yield and quality. its a crazy time in the grow world , governments are or have already put bans on incandesent lighting and hps/MH/CMH are just bigger versions of these , so i think in the oncoming years bans will be put into place on hps an MH lighting as well it makes sense seeing as in the wrong hands those lights can be very dangerous ..... only time will tell i guess.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,794 Times

What are your feelings on the Hornet LED lights ? I was looking into getting a 100 watt for my next stealth cab.
    My first Stealthbox Grow: White Widow and mystery strain free seeds https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ry-first-Diary
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...WWxVortex-Comp

Grow #2 HashPassion x LoveTrain,POGK, and OrangeHaze StealthBox CFLs:https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069151587

Thanks

man i would reccomend staying away from those .... cheap looking units and not to mention that on their home page they also sell high heeled shoes......says alot about a company speacially an led company.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast