Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Leaf Discoloration

Thanks

Default Leaf Discoloration

Hi there and thank you in advance for your assistance.

I'm new to this forum and am looking for assistance is diagnosing our problem.

We are in the 4th week of flowering; plant is roughly 3 feet tall and 2 feet wide. We set ph on water to 6.3 to 6.5 and for every gallon of water we use 3/4 tsp of Micro, then 3/8 tsp of Grow, followed by 1 1/8 tsp of Bloom.

We are experiencing some leaves looking like this photo. We suspect it is a nutrient or ph issue, but need your opinions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leaf discoloration.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	101360

mellowed Guest

What you growing in mate?

jimmi420 Guest

Looks a bit like magnesium deficiency to me . Disolve a half to a level teaspoon of epsom salts in a litre of water and give a good soaking with your spray bottle preferably when lights are on or just before , repeat it a 4-5 days later and see how you go on, dont overdo it though man, i used to get what looks like the same problem around 3 or 4 weeks into bloom running a ph of 6.2 growing in coco i dropped it back to 5.8 and i haven`t had it my last 2 or 3 crops , is it starting in your older leaves if so id most deffo say megnesium defiency .
    Last edited by jimmi420; 28-03-12 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks

We're growing in soil and was thinking of increasing my PH. I have to make more water today and am not certain which way to go with PH. I've seen that PH levels for soil should be 6.3 to 6.8 and since we've been at the lower range, thought to raise it.

Thanks for the assistance.

John

Thanks

consider the possibility that youre dealing with a virus or disease. i dont know much about virus indexing, but that doesnt look like a nutrient issue, to me.

6. Default

have a look >>>HERE<<<

i'd say it need to be flushed with ph 6.5 water and epsom salt.
    you might need to do it again in 4-5 days...
    good luck mate hope it works out for ya.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LBN For This Useful Post:

simplegent (29-03-12)

jimmi420 Guest

I not got clue about soil but looking at the ph chart id say leave it at 6.5ph but thats up to you i dont know man , like the guy said it may be a rust fungus , but i dont think so personally , is it starting in your older bigger fan leaves ? if so i reckon its what ive said above ,thats my best stab at it for ya .If you do a flush let your soil dry out before feeding next go . good luck man

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

simplegent (29-03-12)

mellowed Guest

Look into ph fluctuation mate. That's what it looks like to me. Make sure your ph probes are accurate aswell.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

simplegent (29-03-12)

Thanks

Thank you all for your assistance. We're flushing and will let you know how it goes. It is on the middle section of the plant more than anywhere else. Mainly the older leaves, though some smaller ones as well.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to simplegent For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Thanks for all the fish ;)

Plants have returned to normal color. Many thanks here's a few pics. in mid week 5 of flowering

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00019-20120405-0819.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	102566Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00020-20120405-0819.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	102567Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00021-20120405-0819.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	102568Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00018-20120405-0819.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	102565Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00017-20120405-0818.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	102564

15. The Following User Says Thank You to simplegent For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast