Thread: Vegging related light question.

Thanks

Default Vegging related light question.

Ive recently invested in a new tent which im going to use as a vegging space. The tent is 1.2m Sq and 2m high, so theres a fair amount of space inside.

Anyway, i already have a 250w Cfl which im definitly going to be using in there, at the minute got two mothers in there under this light. My plan is to have 8 more plants in there (11litre pots) to be nurchered from seedling stage until there ready to flip 12/12.

Im going to invest in another light, so my question is which light would be most efficient for me, i obviously want to keep the electric bill down, and i want them fairly slow vegging so around 6-8 weeks to grow up to 45cm high.

250w cfl, hps and mh all have their pros and cons but i was just looking for input from more experienced growers, cheers.
    United's flag is deepest red,
    It shrouded all our Munich dead,
    Before their limbs grew stiff and cold,
    Their heart's blood dyed it's every fold.
    Then raise United's banner high,
    ... ... Beneath it's shade we'll live and die,
    So keep the faith and never fear,
    We'll keep the Red Flag flying here.

We'll never die, we'll never die,
    We'll never die, we'll never die,
    We'll keep the Red flag flying high,
    'Cos Man United will never die

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

Duel spectrum seams to be a very good way to go, The one light giving both the red and blue spectrum, Good for veg and flowering phase of your plants with out the need to change at the different stages.

Yeti Sports Pentathlon Champion! Apples Champion! Chicken Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,828 Times

if you are going to have 8 plants in there forget about cfls.You would be better with a 600w or two 400w HIDS.It would cost you more to run these but at the end of the grow you will have much more bud saving you a fortune with dealers..Much better in the long run.

Looking for New Pastures

4. The Following User Says Thank You to up2nogood For This Useful Post:

WEYLAND-CROP (05-04-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

for the sake of another £20 you can give them mh in growth and hps in bloom from the same set up, you just need another bulb.
    Grandad's 40 ounces the easy way(2 plants) critical & ice (aqua farm scrogging)https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tical-and-ice)
    Beginners guide to aqua/water farming with DWC upgrade https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Water-farming
    critical and white diesel rdwc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Diesel)/page23

FORUM RULES............ please read https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,011 Times

A 600w Mh bulb will be perfect for that tent.
    Fuck that CFL off.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Bloom For This Useful Post:

Hello12345 (01-04-12), PUFFnPASS (14-04-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,723 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bloom View Post
    A 600w Mh bulb will be perfect for that tent.
    Fuck that CFL off.
    You really do not like cfl's do you?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to L For This Useful Post:

Mr Bloom (30-03-12)

Thanks

QUOTE=up2nogood;1069090953]if you are going to have 8 plants in there forget about cfls.You would be better with a 600w or two 400w HIDS.It would cost you more to run these but at the end of the grow you will have much more bud saving you a fortune with dealers..Much better in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Bang on with the 600W H.I.D at any rate. I would use a M.H with a good reflector to spread the light.
    Last edited by WEYLAND-CROP; 05-04-12 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Read further in to question.

Thanks

If you get a hid I would invest in a dual arc bulb.its a mh and hps in one light