Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IWS "intelliegent-watering-systems" Guide...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Woodfire View Post
    I put mine in the pots earlier and it just so happens I thought 3 floods would be good so I set it to 3 floods for 10mins as that's how long it take to rise upto bottom cm of Rockwoll and I've got some 2litre bottles that I chopped off last time ill use them if rh is too low it was ok earlier but lights and ventaliation hadn't been on long so will have a better reading thanks for replying mate

On the IWS theres 2 timers...

Ones got 15 minute push in sections,this timer controls the time the feed come on

The other dial(the smaller 1) is the timer to set how long the pots take to fill/empty
    (so if this is set to 10 minutes thats how long it'll take to fill,turn this dial to 30 an it'll then take 30 mins to fill)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to seanMcPot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

I have just purchased the 12 pot system, however plans are in and roots systems just reaching flooded section on IWS, what I want to know is how often do you flood the system and for what about of time before having it pump back in to main reservoir...

Thanks guys

Wrams

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-18), seanMcPot (22-11-13)

Thanks

Thanks for posting this info.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AzDidde For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Working on an 8 bucket deep water culture system. Finding this info extremely helpful. Thanks again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AzDidde For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,875 Times

What I would like to know is how often should the IWS buckets fill with water/nutrients and for how long...?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Wrams For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,061 Times

This help wrams?

After conducting our own trials 8-16mm clay pebbles now come with our highest recommendation as the best growing media for flood and drain. We recommend using Grodan 3” or 4” blocks for preparing your plants to grow in clay pebbles.

When using clay pebbles you must use the IWS ‘Aqua Pots’, these are large net pots that allow better flooding and enhanced root development. To prevent roots from ‘chasing’ the water through the drain pipe, a copper root-control disk is used in the bottom.

During a flood cycle with clay pebbles the pots will fill and drain quickly, also between cycles the pebbles can’t hold onto large volumes of water. For this reason the flood frequency can reach a maximum of 1 flood every 2-3 hours when the plant is in full vigorous growth.

Your starting irrigation frequency depends on a number of factors; the size of your propagation block, the size of your plant and your grow room environment. Remember; your propagation environment will be quite different to your grow room environment, most growers find on moving their plants into their grow room their water demand will increase due to higher temperatures and lower relative humidity (RH). It is important to make sure the block and clay pebbles are not drying too much, or staying too wet, between irrigations.

When you can see a noticeable increase in vegetative growth you can increase the frequency to once every 3-4 hours. As the plants get bigger and their demand for water increases you should adjust the frequency to once every 3 hours but remember to leave the time it take to drain back before you feed again. I.E. if you want to feed every 3 hrs wait until your drain cycle has finished before counting down to your 3 hour feeds. A lot of growers leave this as their maximum flood frequency but some large plants in a hot and dry environment with a high water demand may benefit from a flood frequency of once an hour.

Remember that during each flood, water and nutrients are delivered to your plant and on each drain oxygen is pulled into the air spaces in the root zone. Therefore when plants have fully established within the clay pebbles; more frequent floods mean more fresh oxygen around the roots. Please note: if your plants are not well established within the clay pebbles they will not benefit from frequent floods.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to seanMcPot For This Useful Post:

ashman7 (29-10-14), GEORGE (11-09-18), Rick James bitch (02-03-15)

Thanks

which lights would you consider better cfl or led for veg ? in a tent 1m by 1m
    ? many thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jamie426 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jamie426 View Post
    which lights would you consider better cfl or led for veg ? in a tent 1m by 1m
    ? many thanks
    Can I just ask why you thought this thread thats over 4 years old and related to hydroponics would be a good place to ask your question?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (11-11-16), Cunning (08-11-16), GEORGE (11-09-18), seanMcPot (20-05-17)

Thanks

Question :(

everywhere else i ask nothing no one wants to know. the chatroom freezes i put links in of items ive seen on ebay the forum lets me people on it tell me to take them off. all i want is advice on the best product ffs

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jamie426 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jamie426 View Post
    everywhere else i ask nothing no one wants to know. the chatroom freezes i put links in of items ive seen on ebay the forum lets me people on it tell me to take them off. all i want is advice on the best product ffs
    No need to put links dude.. just put item number..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy roken For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-18)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast