Thread: Germination Problem!?

Thanks

Exclamation Germination Problem!?

I have four seeds and i put them in a wet paper towel on a plate with a bowl on top of it and placed it in a cupboard. Only one seeds green thing cracked through. It's been 4 days and the other 3 have no sign of anything. Should i change my method or should i keep doing what im doing and wait? Thanks

I don't know, i can't see through the smoke
    Thanks

hey cody, 1st wrap a plastic bag around the plates to seal in moisture, make sure its in a warm place, I use the airing cupboard and last but not least have a bit of patience, it can take a while

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDukeof420 For This Useful Post:

codyhou405 (07-04-12)

Thanks

Yeah it turned out that two were dead seeds and the 3rd one just isnt during much. The fourth one is growing nicely!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,612 Times

try poping the other two in a cup of water for a day then back in a towel i had to do that with my dellahaze
    1st. Paradise - Opium -Complete-

Thanks

What I have been doing recently is placing my seeds in a damp napkin. ( seed placed in center, napkin folded over)
    then placing then in a sandwich bag followed by placing it on the window seal for the sun.
    so far everyone has sprouted.

Goodluck!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hillmania For This Useful Post:

LittleMissBlue (10-04-12)

Macky Guest

I think disturbing the seed as little as possible is the best way. Put the seed straight into rock wool, or even a small pot if your growing in soil. Keep damp and in a warm dark place Neil the greenery shows, the put it under the light. Never ever fails for me. But then I buy quality seeds online, which a basically garunteed to work and be feminised. If you have too, and they don't work, you can't send them back, as they are not for growing lol, just decoration lol. Unless your lucky enough to live in a country that lets you grow plants lol.

Here in the u,k it is illegal to grow weed, but my buddy who grows cactuses, can legally grow hallucinogenic cactuses. Fucked up country!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Eyup codyhou405,

what you should try is giving the seeds a pre-soak first. Just drop them into a glass of tepid water for 12-24hrs before paper towelling or planting them. It'll make sure they get a bit of moisture in their shells and signal them to wake up faster. If, after the pre-soak, they have cracked open, which often happens, just skip the paper towel and get them planted straight into soil or whatever you're using.

Thanks

some growers would argue that if the seed hasnt cracked during the paper towl method or other forms of germiination that means the seed is dead, which is mostly true but i have had experiences where seeds havent germinated after ages but i didnt throw em out i planted them in soil and what do you know... cannabis emerges, not sure why or how i guess some seeds prefer to be in soil to germ.
    Psalm 104:14 : He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man