Thread: Root health

Thanks

Default Root health

I have a bubble bucket. I run 3.5 gallons of nutes, hygrozyme and beneficials. I have recently cut back the plant and am wondering if there is a correlation with my following concern. I have noticed an off smell for a few days. I changed the water on Saturday. Tonight, I topped her off and stuck my nose in there. The roots have a darker look to them. A dirty white. There is a musty smell. Not bad, just earthy, there is never an off smell. I have seen Pythium before, I just do not know what to look for in early stages. The roots are the same color all over, no blotchiness. The plant is in 7th week bloom. Here is a photo of the roots. Fuck, wrote this on iPad and I do not know how to do pics from this thing. I will post the photo ASAP

Thanks

here are the roots, one with hps one with flash, just hard to get a good photo right now.

the next pics are a clone bucket project that is working well. thought id share

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0205.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	103845Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	103844Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0197.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	103843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0206.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	103846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0208.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	103847

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times

it could just be a dye off the nutes,, its when they go slimy you need to worry about rot, make sure your temps are sitting around 19 degrees in bucket or any higher and your looking for trouble. thats usually the cause for pythium

Thanks

It stays about 75* F. Good air stone. Any ways to cool a bucket?

Thanks

24 degrees is in the danger zone . you need to find a way to cool them down , i,m sure thats your problem, 65 is the sweet spot, can you not get a few small bottles of ice to strap to the outside of the buckets ? not sure with buckets mate coz putting a bottle of ice in the bucket would probably damage the roots

Thanks

I just checked and am embarrassed. The temp is 68, the ph was 7.8 I always have it at 5.8-6.2. I simply don't know how it jumped so high

Thanks

68 should be fine but ph is way off limits lol. i know clay pebbles can play havoc with ph , has your ec dropped when your ph raised ? whats the ph of your water before you add nutes ? and what does the nutes usually buffer your readings too ?

Thanks

6.8before balance. Once nutes are added I just have to drop a little. Like .2. I top with 6.0.