Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When do Autos "Stop" Growing

Thanks

Default When do Autos "Stop" Growing

Heh guys, been reading up on stuff about plant size and have a question about the life cycle of an Auto, in particular the height they can rise to.

Was reading a post the other day and a guy was talking about a growth spurt when his plants started to flower that lasted about 2 weeks. After 2 weeks the growth slowed down a little and for the last few weeks his plants hardly grew at all (except the buds of course). I think the guy was growing a regular strain and im wondering if this rule applies to Autos too?

Im a PC grower and height is a real concern for me. My plants hav just entered week 5 and 1 of the 4 started to show pistils a couple of days ago. I hope the whole grow will be done and dusted in 9 weeks.

My question is when will the plants stop growing height-wise?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PC Grower For This Useful Post:

Oldsmokie (24-09-17)

Thanks

In my opinion it's mostly to do with pot size with autos. Obviously the smaller the pot the smaller the plant. But there are other factors as well like light quality, day night temps. Strain etc. lst will also help keep the height down. As topping is not as effective with autos as your essentially on a timer. So basically your experience and knowledge should keep most lowryding style autos ''low''

Bud

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Step For This Useful Post:

Oldsmokie (24-09-17), Tabbatha (11-08-12)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Step View Post
    In my opinion it's mostly to do with pot size with autos. Obviously the smaller the pot the smaller the plant. But there are other factors as well like light quality, day night temps. Strain etc. lst will also help keep the height down. As topping is not as effective with autos as your essentially on a timer. So basically your experience and knowledge should keep most lowryding style autos ''low''

Bud
    All good stuff mate, but not really what Im asking. What I wanna know is do the plants stop growing height-wise when they hit full flowering. If they do, it will be less of a worry. For example, if I get to week 7 and the plants are pretty close to the light, do I need to take action, or does the height slow down to an extent where I dont have to worry about it?? hope that makes a bit more sense

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,068 Times

Well I grew autos mi5's yes they do go through a bit of a spurt but once that is finished they basically stop the stretch and work on building the bud's. But you do have to do the research for the strain you are going to grow as mine went to about the two foot mark exactly like the description had mentioned. There are even taller auto's as well as super auto's. I believe if your looking for small its most of the lowrider strains. Hope this helps. Peace.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lostorstolen For This Useful Post:

PC Grower (16-04-12)

Thanks

Sorry mate didn't mean to sound patronizing. In my experience yes they do stop stretching when in full flower but again it's strain dependent as to when.

Bud.

Thanks

Sorry mate didn't mean to sound patronizing. In my experience yes they do stop stretching when in full flower but again it's strain dependent as to when.

Bud.
    lol thats cool mate, i do tend to make my questions a bit long winded, im not surprised people miss the point at times

Thanks

Bud.
    Also, interested to see your comment on pot size being the most important thing. I used shallow pots deliberately but I think I may have over done it slightly. Check out my diary....

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...post1069108767

Thanks

I find the stretch will stop about 1.5-2 weeks into flowering to focus all of its food and energy into creating delicious buds to enjoy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NiTz For This Useful Post:

PC Grower (26-04-12)

Thanks

Default Pot Size

The only auto strain i've tried is 60 Day Wonder from DNA Genetics - Deep pots are recommended due to substantial taproot - plants become root bound in shallow pots - i use a 5 Gallon bucket and plants reach a shade over 2' and yield about an oz. - usually takes a little longer than 60 days (ie: 73-75 days)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to callmebud For This Useful Post:

Valentina (17-01-18)

Boxteroid Champion! Crazy Cars Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,305 Times

My limited experience they have a spurt and slow right down til the last couple weeks. They will always reach for the light though.
    The cream rises to the top, regardless of the cow it came from.
    My grows are done in a Stealth Cab 250w CFL

PC Fan to Mains for Dummies

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast