Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: When do Autos "Stop" Growing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PC Grower View Post
    All good stuff mate, but not really what Im asking. What I wanna know is do the plants stop growing height-wise when they hit full flowering. If they do, it will be less of a worry. For example, if I get to week 7 and the plants are pretty close to the light, do I need to take action, or does the height slow down to an extent where I dont have to worry about it?? hope that makes a bit more sense

I grew a royal dwarf and it stopped growing (height) half way through flowerluckily it was about an inch from the light lol

Thanks

I don't think auto's are a good thing for small grows because of the pure size they get !! I stopped doing autos because of this they don't like pruning they don't like topping and they never seem to stop growing from the off even the very small strains !! I only do 12/12 photo period strains now

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Quote Originally Posted by PC Grower View Post
    All good stuff mate, but not really what Im asking. What I wanna know is do the plants stop growing height-wise when they hit full flowering. If they do, it will be less of a worry. For example, if I get to week 7 and the plants are pretty close to the light, do I need to take action, or does the height slow down to an extent where I dont have to worry about it?? hope that makes a bit more sense

Autos will veg for 2-5 weeks and then hit flower. When they do they will spurge for a week or so and will then stop growing in terms of height. The bud sites will get bigger and they'll bush out a bit.. but so far as height goes it stops once they stop their spurge.

I am the light of this forum and I am its mean twisted soul.

Boxteroid Champion! Crazy Cars Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,305 Times

Autos are perfect for small grows. Just like photoperiod strains, some get taller than others, read the info from the breeder and check out a few diaries.
    The ones I have grown have all taken to LST just fine keeping the profile very low.

Its well known they don't like pruning or topping, they don't have enough time to recover from it, a bit of reading would have told you that charleyfarley.
    The cream rises to the top, regardless of the cow it came from.
    My grows are done in a Stealth Cab 250w CFL

PC Fan to Mains for Dummies

5. The Following User Says Thank You to needsmust For This Useful Post:

Squib95 (12-04-17)

Thanks

I love this site!!!! Even thought this post is from like 2012 it's still useful. I am doing my first grow and decided to go with an auto due to ease of grow and limited space in my tent. It's questions like this which make it easier for a noob like me to grow a quality plant. I can grow a tomato that'll feed a family of four. I'm hoping to do the same with this.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,454 Times

This is a really old post I know, but Google keeps leading me back to it so thought I'd regurgitate some info I came across which will serve new auto growers well.

Obviously it's rough... plants have a life of their own of course, but it eased my worrying a bit as I was running out of height so hopefully it'll do the same for someone else.

DAY 1 - First real leaves emerge

DAY 6-7 - Plant has 3 nodes with smaller branches beginning to emerge

DAY 10-12 - 5 nodes*

Day 17-21 - 8 to 10 nodes, plant sex is shown. Very fast growth by this stage.

Day 25-30 - Plant begins flowering and starts to stretch. Bud sites popping up.

Day 35-45 - Growth slows, gets a bit boring, buds slowly develop more and more each day.

Day 50+ - Buds begin to fatten, heavy trichome production and smell. This is the exciting part.

Day 65-75 - Harvest.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Silkadin For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (08-06-20), Kurdt (31-12-18), lipnobody (31-12-18), longtimefirsttime (08-04-21), MonsterEnergy (31-12-18), UpT0wn (31-12-18), Wags (04-01-19), WF420 (31-12-18), _teapot_ (31-12-18)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2