Thread: l.e.d

Thanks

Default l.e.d

hey amigos, i have just read an interesting article on l.e.d lighting instead of the normal light set up, could anyone with l.e.d growing experience give the pros and cons? is it better or worse? peace amigos

Thanks

i haven't a set up yet, so am studying up before i go ahead and grow, but I am already finding the whole process interesting and cant wait to get going amigos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supaflyrob View Post
    hey amigos, i have just read an interesting article on l.e.d lighting instead of the normal light set up, could anyone with l.e.d growing experience give the pros and cons? is it better or worse? peace amigos
    I have a couple LED's but I've never used HID before so I can't really compare the two.. but I can give you a couple pro's and cons.

PRO'S-80% more energy efficient than Metal Halide or HPS lamps - Drastically reduce your electric bill
    -No expensive bulbs to replace - Zero maintenance costs -
    -Discreet - No thermal footprint
    -No need for additional cooling equipment, ballasts or reflectors
    -Safe to operate - no risk of fire, burns or exploding bulbs
    -50,000+ hour life cycle
    -Light weight
    -Environmentally friendly

Con's
    -Expensive to buy
    -Harder to fix than HID
    -Not as much penetration as HID

That's about all I can think of right now lol, I'm sure others will have more pro's and con's tho

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LED in 2D For This Useful Post:

supaflyrob (19-04-12)

Thanks

Im also looking into those little circle led stick on lights if thats what you call them?
    Just wonderd if adding a few to the sides of my window cill would help boost the start of my grow !
    Let me know if you find out anything intresting bro

Thanks

Here's what I've found out:
    LED's are great when used in conjunction with another HID or primary light source. I use a 400w HPS light, and I have three Blue and red/blue spectrum pannels. They were 250 a piece but seem to help tremendously during the veg cycle for the extra blue spectrum.
    If you want to use all LED's and plan on growing 4+ plants, you'r going to spending some serious cash for a LED panel that will get the job done. LED's are great but arent quite made to be a primary light source for growers on a budget.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrGodface For This Useful Post:

supaflyrob (19-04-12)

Thanks

was planning on just a 1 plant grow each time, with an u.f.o l.e.d light setup?