Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time for a new pipe

Thanks

Default Time for a new pipe

Last night I dropped my spoon pipe named Waldo. It broke into 3 pieces

So now I have to look for a new everyday driver online since I don't have any glass shops close.

Will keep you posted on the new buy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to h.t.tillman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I found a pipe that I really like but it's on a website that I have never heard of. Have any of you bought from pipemagic before? Here is the pipe I am thinking about buying

pipemagic.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_14&produc ts_id=39&zenid=lj3us7npbrqjgnqdpo8vao4rg6
    Last edited by marmalade dreams; 20-04-12 at 09:24 AM. Reason: removed live link

Thanks

Their are UK company's around that can make local pipes for ya wink wink. FYI the amount of work and colour in that pipe is should be around the £50 mark which is hard to understand as you can go online and buy one that looks similar for $28 I can pretty much guarantee that was made in China by some woefully unappreciated artist.
    Original handblown glass pipes bongs and bubblers. Home of the OG Hempwick, a natural alternative to butane lighters and matches.

Thanks

I just gave it a shot and ordered the pipe from pipemagic.com. I couldn't find anything else really that I like as much. So I guess I will be a guinea pig and see if they are a rip off site or not.

Also thanks for the reply glasshopper. However, since I don't live in the UK or in a area with local glass shops I have to purchase everything online.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,365 Times

Quote Originally Posted by glasshopper View Post
    Their are UK company's around that can make local pipes for ya wink wink. FYI the amount of work and colour in that pipe is should be around the £50 mark which is hard to understand as you can go online and buy one that looks similar for $28 I can pretty much guarantee that was made in China by some woefully unappreciated artist.
    FYI the amount of work and colour in that pipe is worth about £25 as that is what is being asked for, including postage.
    Apart from your blatant advertsing, your business attitude may need some developing. Telling someone the goods they have found should be more and almost offering to sell them a higher priced item may not be a brilliant strategy.

TC-UP

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TC-UP View Post
    FYI the amount of work and colour in that pipe is worth about £25 as that is what is being asked for, including postage.
    Apart from your blatant advertsing, your business attitude may need some developing. Telling someone the goods they have found should be more and almost offering to sell them a higher priced item may not be a brilliant strategy.

TC-UP
    I think people should be aware of what they buy that's all n as dude said he is not UK nor is their a local Headshop.. As I am sure you are well aware you can buy a Rolex from China and it will be dirt cheap and break a lot quicker than a real one.. Being a glass artist I know how much work goes into that piece. I feel for the glassblower sweating his ass of in a foreign hot country getting paid penny's/ or as it is well known a lot of the art work coming out of china is made by political and just regular prisoners(some people don't have a problem with this! some do, some don't even know). How do you think they can send a pipe half way around the world and charge less than it is worth?????

My blatant advertising was to let peeps know their are other fair-trade options that's all bro

Cheers GH

Thanks

I think in fairness I should point out that America does the same with its prison population. They are forced into a "slave labour" its the only way America can manufacture anything in a competitive way 98% of all the paint in America is made in Prisons all licence plates I can' remember the rest. However if you take that 70% of the US prison population, are Black man of collage age!! you start to see why they throw peeps in Jail for minor drug offences CHEEP LABOUR if you don't work you get thrown in Solitary!!!

I'll climb down of mi soap box before I get to started lol I do feel it is important for us all to know where what we buy comes from! just as we need to be aware of where our food comes from and how it is treated.

Cheers GH

9. The Following User Says Thank You to glasshopper For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (20-04-12)

Bobby Digital Guest

I got my glass from a guy in Poland and my spoon pipe cost me a 10er if that with delivery... Its solid and iv dropped it a few times too

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bobby Digital For This Useful Post:

glasshopper (20-04-12), Goodbuddy (20-04-12), Grub (20-04-12)

Thanks

nice looking pipe

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

If you shop around, you can find loads of lovely little glass pipes in the UK head shops for just a few quid.

The head shop in my local town sells loads of weird and wonderful glass pipes. The biggest 'display' model in his shop has a price tag of £60 and it's a proper monster of a pipe that comes with a big, ornamental wooden stand.
    To me it makes no odds where it was made and who by... If I like it and it's cheap I'll buy it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast