Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bottom leaves on plants turning yellow?

Thanks

Default Answered: Bottom leaves on plants turning yellow?

The bottom leaves on my plants are yellowing and looking withered the rest of the plants look perfect, they are about 14 inches and almost a week into flowering. What can I do to resolve this would it be best just to cut the withered ones off?

2. "tell you nan i want my money back, sill old gipsy woman ! the heather is shit ive got springtails in my res !

you see those nasa balls are not the best ones they keep exploding ! yank junk

it all about the crystals imo you need to mark a Pentagram around the plants as well"

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 23

The bottom leaves will die off anyway, there's usually not enough light getting down to the bottom so the plant ditches them to concentrate on the leaves closer to the lights. It could be a lack of N, a picture would say for sure; but it's likely to be normal leaf drop. Stick a pic up anyway.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 35,859 Times
    Provided Answers: 222

pics needs mate but by the sounds of things they sound like they need fed, when the plant gets hungry it,ll take the required food from its own sources then shed the leaves , starting from the bottom, sounds like that but it might not be so try get pics up and give us your feeding schedule etc

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times
    Provided Answers: 59

The bottom line is during the Flowering stage your plant is much more likely to suffer from nutrient problems. If there's a nutrition problem in the vegetative stage, the plant will just keep growing new leaves to replace any that are lost, but towards the end of the flowering stage, the plant stops making new leaves altogether while it's focusing on make huge buds. Therefore, if your leaves get burnt or discolored towards the end of the Flowering stage, your plant won't be able to grow any replacements and you'll be stuck with your burnt or discolored leaves until the end. Leaves that are not green and healthy will absorb much less light so it's important to try to maintain a lot of green, healthy leaves in order to get the most amount of buds.As the guys say, Pics are important, So is your feeding schedule, Strain, Pot size,your chosen medium, Lights and just about as much info as poss, But in all honesty it does sound like lack of nitrogen. GBK

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times
    Provided Answers: 40

hold on ill look in my crystal ball !! yep its def !

Thanks

Now your Cristal ball sounds cheap - Mine came from NASA
    Over Watering. This is probably the number one cultural fault that causes leaf yellowing. Only water as much as the plant needs! Very few plants appreciate water left to sit in their trays (called sublingual watering), and even tropical plants don't want to grow in mud unless they are semi-aquatic plants, like some of the alocasia species.
    Cold drafts. Cold drafts on plants will often cause leaf yellowing and dropping. This is different from short periods of exposure to intense cold, which will cause outright browning on the foliage or pale, transparent spots to appear between veins. If your plant is near an air-conditioner vent, move it to a less turbulent place and see if it stops spreading.
    Lack of light. Plants that are receiving too little light will often start to yellow on the lower leaves before dropping leaves. One clue: if the yellowing begins on the side away from your light source, it might be caused by too little light reaching these back leaves.
    Nutrient deficiency. If the top leaves are yellowing, or if there is an unusual pattern to the yellowing (i.e., the veins remains dark while the tissue between them turns yellow), it is most likely a nutritional problem. This can be caused by too much calcium in the water, if you're using hard water, or by a nitrogen deficiency.
    •Viral infection. A viral infection might show up as blotchy, spreading yellow patches on leaves throughout the plant. This might be accompanied by deformed leaves and stems and discolored flowers. Viral infections in plants cannot be cured and can infect all nearby susceptible plants. Discard plants you suspect of being infected.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

captianzanax (21-04-12), nige (22-04-12)

Thanks

yes i got it from the 99p shop ! that why my plants look so duff !

i use tarot cards to tell me when to feed them as well

and ive got some lucky heather a old gipsy woman sold me i wave it at the plants once a week and it stop the mites etc!

Thanks

and im not telling you about my bloom crystals ! its secret!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    yes i got it from the 99p shop ! that why my plants look so duff !

See i tried looking for that model, Told me its obsolete

i use tarot cards to tell me when to feed them as well

I tried carrot cards, My donkey kept eating them,

and ive got some lucky heather a old gipsy woman sold me i wave it at the plants once a week and it stop the mites etc!
    Lucky i still live with my nan, Might even be the same person ??

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    and im not telling you about my bloom crystals ! its secret!
    Doh, Might have to use my NASA ball Its normally full of shit !!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

Forest (21-04-12)

Thanks

tell you nan i want my money back, sill old gipsy woman ! the heather is shit ive got springtails in my res !

you see those nasa balls are not the best ones they keep exploding ! yank junk

it all about the crystals imo you need to mark a Pentagram around the plants as well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast