Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Marijuana cuts lung cancer tumor growth Harvard Study

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaAmily View Post
    I wanted to add my opinion just in case it is useful.
    Which is??
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-12-20), Cannabug (29-12-20), Easy-T (29-12-20), Petal (29-12-20), Valentina (29-12-20)

Thanks

Just my tupenth worth, if I may.

It's difficult to blame pharmaceutical companies for this issue.

Cannabis has hundreds, if not thousands of chemicals contained within. Which chemical is actually causing the treatment effect, if any? It's impossible and perhaps unethical to test the entire plant on a particular indication. For instance it's very difficult to measure the effect of a chemical (cannabis) in an (oncology) trial. There are so many factors to consider, simple things like what would be a success? Tumour size reduction, Survival, QoL? And would GSC or Skunk #1 be the recommendation from the oncologist? There are too many unknowns for pharmaceutical companies and the doctors to recommend cannabis especially when current treatments are proven to be so effective. Cannabis has been effective in treatment resistant epilepsy. However I don't think that there's much or any RCT in favour of cannabis for treating this type of epilepsy. There have been a few high profile cases where this has worked for the patient but there's little research to back it up. I doubt there will ever be much supporting research as it is very expensive to perform, not to mention the manufacturing quality required for a medicine.

On average it costs 1 billion dollars to take a medicine to market.

The illegality makes it practically impossible to perform research. Due to the lack of research, we do not know the truth about "drugs" and I include alcohol in that classification. In fact alcohol is a great example of how to manage the legalisation of a very toxic and addictive substance. Applying this strategy to most, if not all "drugs" would be better for society, IMHO.

Unfortunately without RCT to prove efficacy and safety the "cannabis reduced my tumor" stories are simply stories.

The OP post is interesting but it's a long, expensive and uncertain journey from animal experiments to medicine.

I hope it is obvious that I am in favour of cannabis generally but the health authorities require a lot more evidence of proof than a few people having a spliff.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrStamets For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-12-20), GEORGE (29-12-20), M_C (29-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

With our governments partners (at that point I mean spouses & the like) being amongst the biggest medical cannabis producers in the world, you would think that doing trials would be simple... if they wanted to do so...!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-12-20), Cannabug (29-12-20), GEORGE (29-12-20)

Thanks

I understood that the UK is the largest producer of medical cannabis in the form of hemp, from which they extract mainly the active component of Sativex for MS and Epidiolex for epilepsy, both medicines by GW Pharma. No THC.

If I recall, Countryfile (or was it the One Show) did an article on the production site at Wissington, Norfolk, by British Sugar. It's a massive greenhouse utilising the excess heat and CO2 used in sugar production. The original used to be on YouTube but I can only find strange edited copies.

There's is an article from the Reality Check team at the BBC. If interested search for "Is the UK the world's biggest exporter of legal cannabis?" dated 23 May 2018.

And there's nothing simple about clinical trials. It's easier (and cheaper) to put satellites in space.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrStamets For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-12-20), GEORGE (30-12-20), M_C (29-12-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrStamets View Post
    I understood that the UK is the largest producer of medical cannabis in the form of hemp, from which they extract mainly the active component of Sativex for MS and Epidiolex for epilepsy, both medicines by GW Pharma. No THC.
    I grow 'hemp' too then (Savitex is quoted at 1:1)

Now, if you really want to research something that will blow your mind, research who created the plant that they clone

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-12-20), Cannabug (29-12-20), GEORGE (30-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,218 Times

Any links or where would I find that info on the clone MC?
    I have to admit I chuckled at the BBC reality check team lol. Nothing untoward drstamet but I look at corporate reality check teams to the likeness of facebook fact checkers or other big global institutions that block alternative news. Google YouTube etc.
    I recently watched Run from the cure by Rick Simpson. Bazaar that the man was basically exiled to Europe for helping people in Canada

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

Bigdaddy 101 (29-12-20), DrStamets (30-12-20), GEORGE (30-12-20), M_C (30-12-20)

Thanks

Sativex is the result of a wise combination of some of the most unique cannabis plants owned by Robert Connell Clarke a David Watson – aka Sam "The Skunkman – a legendary figure in the history of contemporary cannabis and the creator of some of the most iconic strains of all times, such as Northern Ligths and Skunk.
    And, whilst I shouldn't, here's the link - https://www.dinafem.org/en/blog/sati...-standardised/

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Cannabug (30-12-20), DrStamets (30-12-20), GEORGE (30-12-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,218 Times

Wow that's daylight robbery for 30ml in Italy
    Think I'll just stick with the helpful advice on here and cook or make my own oils etc

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cannabug For This Useful Post:

DrStamets (30-12-20), GEORGE (30-12-20), M_C (30-12-20)

Thanks

Interesting..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to miking For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-12-20)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3