Thread: Update on my plants...

Thanks

Question Update on my plants...

As some of you know, I have been tending to my garden, my first grow-ever. I germ'd and planted seeds the end of January and in the beginning of March I switched to 12/12. I have 6 lovely green ladies from bagseed (I know, LUCK!)..I am growing indoors in a cabinet that my hubs made for me. The cabinet is 5ft hight, 3 ft wide and 2 ft deep. My girls are in Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil with added perlite. The inside of my cab is covered in mylar. I am almost 9 weeks since the flip and some of the girls are looking very close to being ready although trichomes are still milky. I am trying to find out if anything I am doing could use change or improvement for my next grow. Im still learning every step of the way. Currently each plant is in a 5 gallon pot. Every 7-9 days they get a gallon of water each. I test ph in the water before I water the plants. Every week I give Micro and Bloom Xnutrients (brand) when watering...Should I only feed every other watering? My temps with lights on are 85F and humidity is 49%, temp with lights off are 75F and 59% humidity. My lights are one-150W HPS and one-125W CFL Please let me know if I should be doing anything differently or if I need to adjust temps and humidity etc.. Thanks~

Cg

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

Hi CG, sounds like you've got the cabinet 'dialled in' already. I would just say that 59% humidity is a little high for flowering, if you can keep it below 50% there is less chance of bud rot.

All good things
    TDA

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,317 Times

try to get the temp down 85 is bit much and with summer around the corner you going to suffer a lot more from higher temps run the lights at night if you dont already

other wise it sounds good, proof is in your first crop to how well you did

as the dude says you really need the rh down to under 50% in the last 4 weeks to stop bud rot from having the ideal conditions to thrive in

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,578 Times

Quote Originally Posted by CannabisGurl View Post
    As some of you know, I have been tending to my garden, my first grow-ever. I germ'd and planted seeds the end of January and in the beginning of March I switched to 12/12. I have 6 lovely green ladies from bagseed (I know, LUCK!)..I am growing indoors in a cabinet that my hubs made for me. The cabinet is 5ft hight, 3 ft wide and 2 ft deep. My girls are in Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil with added perlite. The inside of my cab is covered in mylar. I am almost 9 weeks since the flip and some of the girls are looking very close to being ready although trichomes are still milky. I am trying to find out if anything I am doing could use change or improvement for my next grow. Im still learning every step of the way. Currently each plant is in a 5 gallon pot. Every 7-9 days they get a gallon of water each. I test ph in the water before I water the plants. Every week I give Micro and Bloom Xnutrients (brand) when watering...Should I only feed every other watering? My temps with lights on are 85F and humidity is 49%, temp with lights off are 75F and 59% humidity. My lights are one-150W HPS and one-125W CFL Please let me know if I should be doing anything differently or if I need to adjust temps and humidity etc.. Thanks~

Cg
    Hiya,first off all,congrats,sounds like your happy with how things are going

I`m on my second grow now,and thanks to this place it went really well,

I`l pass some info on that worked for me on some your comments

Every 7-9 days they get a gallon of water each-I would suggest you water only when the plant pot feels light,will prevent any chance of overwatering

I test ph in the water before I water the plantsnice,keep on doing that,and also,if you see any issues arising,check ph of your run off first

Every week I give Micro and Bloom Xnutrients (brand) when watering...Should I only feed every other watering? I used water,feed,water,water,feed,but I just watched the plants,if any looked like it might need a feed,I fed

My temps with lights on are 85F and humidity is 49%, temp with lights off are 75F and 59% humidity. temps might be a tad hot,but if the plants look healthy,might as well leave as is on your first grow,try and fiddle with things as least as possible if things are going well,
    if you can get the night time r/h down to under 50%,do it
    you now want to try getting as low as an r/h as you can

apart from that,read up on lst and supercropping/topping etc for your next grow,

keep notes of how grow is going, temps/rh ph etc,

and most importantly,enjoy it,sounds like things are going well,

a few pics will get you more detailed and experienced replys from better growers than me

I know next to fuck all and I managed it first time thanks to this place

and its fun learning from them

good luck,nearly smoking your own now,keep your eyes on the prize

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335986633.569860.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	107181Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335986649.338170.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	107182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335986664.009054.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	107183Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335986682.090624.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	107184

Thanks guys! How do I get the humidity to go down? I was only running fans when the lights were on, but the lights off humidity was too high so I put the fans on so they are running day and night which has brought it down to what I mentioned in my original post, but how can I lower it further? I have had some problems like newbie errors in the beginning like over watering and nuts burn, then more recently manganese deficiency... My buds are pretty big so now I'm just impatienly waiting! My next grow won't be 6 plants, I probably won't do more then 4 at a time next time around
    ~Cg

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrMaryJane For This Useful Post:

GBK (03-05-12), L (02-05-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,578 Times

no bother,

your plants look a wee bit stretchy,but hey ho,its the first time and if you get a smoke,its a bonus

and looks you sure will

you want to try and maximise things now

to get the r/h down you could try the following,never had to myself,but seemed to work for some

turn your intake/outake fans up if you have fan controller

remove any small bud sites on the bottppm third of the plants,they wont amount to much now and will improve airflow

try a bigger fan in the cab,if it will fit ofc

a few plates of rice/salt on the floor

and start reading up harvesting/drying/curing

good luck,let us know how things go

Thanks

Im going to try the rice!